[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why does nhilism get so much hate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4
File: hume.png (217 KB, 331x462) Image search: [Google]
hume.png
217 KB, 331x462
why does nhilism get so much hate?
>>
>>528140
what difference does it make?
>>
It's anime-tier
>>
Because it's a position only taken by cry babies were told they had to be given purpose in life by authority figures only to find out they were being fed lies. They are more butthurt about the lies than they are about choosing their own purpose.
>>
>that picture

kekek

>Like if u get it xD
>>
Because muh "U can make a purpose for urself!!!" intellectual dishonesty
>>
>>528169
What are you even talking about.
>>
>>528140

>each day like its the last

what does that even mean tho?
cant even begin to imagine how id live a day if i truly didnt rationaly assume there was going to be a tomorrow, what do i do, where do i go, why? who with... i mean i guess id try to spend it with people i love, or then again i might just loose myself colapsing into frustration, rage and random outbursts of violence, but most likely id just be doing the same shit as every day, but, it makes no sense as a argument or maxim even

also this - >>528143
>>
It offends special snowflakes who think they have a purpose
>>
Because it's boring af

"Oh hur hur life is pointless"

Maybe so, but then why won't you let me live out my meaningless life how I want? because it's meaningless to stop me. The truth is most """"""""nihilists"""""""" are just depressives who want to spread around their misery and get off on it.
>>
>>528140
because it has no practical import. its not a living philosophy, but just an excuse to be amoral and hedonistic.
>>
Because the detractors they realize you have to be mentally retarded to believe life has a meaning, but are hellbent of upholding their fantasies because it's their Christian heaven. This dissonance creates angst
>>
>>528140
Because there is no proof that nothing isn't worth something.
>>
>>528177
I guess I would try all the things I don't really want to do but am a bit curious about how they go, shit like stabbing someone in the back or breaking some shop's window and trashing every glass item they have. I would be okay dying without doing that, but if there isn't gonna be any repercution and everything I'd like to do in a long term is impposible then I'd try that.
>>
>>528197
>The very existence of nihilists triggers you

Get some security in your ideology m8
>>
>>528214
>you're either a Christian or a nihilist

Dude just epic, you've cracked the case. Who said nihilists are anti-intellectual?
>>
>>528239
English isn't your first language, i gather?
>>
>>528205
On the contrary, nihilism/hedonism is the default. Ideology is literally an 'excuse' to give life purpose and meaning.
>>
>>528238
Not at all, they bother me when they post posturing threads like these as though their ideology is some pariah of philosophy when nobody really cares about it
>>
>>528169
That's existentialism retard
>>
File: shiggy diggy doo.jpg (105 KB, 500x440) Image search: [Google]
shiggy diggy doo.jpg
105 KB, 500x440
>>528245
>using ad hominem in a philosophy argument
>>
>>528247
>nihilism/hedonism is the default
>this is what autists actually believe
>>
>>528258
Actually, i was being pretty fair on you based on the content of your post.
>>
>>528254
>why does nihilism get hate?

>respond that nihilists are harrassing and intellectually persecuting you
>>
>>528245
>you're either a retard or an enlightened nihilist like me heh

Even better
>>
>>528259
Well then what ideology were you born with lad?
>>
Hedonism is understandable, dedicating your life to whatever intellectual pursuit you like is great, but nihilism is just dumb. Simple utilitarianism shows you that living for something makes life less shit, and if it's all meaningless anyway you might as well posit some goal.
>>
>>528269
Come on you faggot you really think preschoolers are fucking nihilists lmao
>>
>>528268
>a retard

That's a strong possibility
>>
>>528286
Go back to reddit with this shit you tryhard
>>
>>528282
What objective meaning and purpose to preschoolers assert life to have?

If none, then yes, they are nihilists.
>>
>>528272
Hedonism is just existential nihilism + moral nihilism. When you have no restraining ideology you will naturally pursue what ever you perceive to be pleasure
>>
Because either you become an Existentialist, or you provide no value of any sort to any other person.

Basically, nihilism is accurate, but useless.

But hey, as a Nihilist you shouldn't care.
>>
>>528310
>children don't have a coherent philosophy of life so that means they're nihilists

This is like "all babies are born atheists" argument. Too retarded for words
>>
Because this is an american board,most people here received rigurous religious indoctrination at a young age.
>>
>>528327

not realy, more like you will spontaneously make effort to move away from suffering, seeking pleasure is allready a step up in terms of goals, motivation, value judgments etc.. might seem like a slight difference sometimes but generaly its the way people function

kind of like going to a bar and having a drink cause youre bored and feeling lonely or depressed is one thing, while doing the same because you actively seek the refreshing taste of foamy cold beer the way comercials tell you to is another, no one realy does that unless its after a hard days work or in the middle of summer when its +40 in the shade
>>
>>528266
>implying this thread isn't obvious bait
>begging the question

Nihilism doesn't get hate, it gets ignored. I'm hating on OP for being presumptuous and precocious, idgaf about nihilism
>>
>>528342
>Basically, nihilism is accurate, but useless.
This guy gets it. Nihilism creates nothing but unhappiness, even though it is true.
>>
Many of the people you see giving Nihilism a bad name are 15 year old edgelords who just finished watching True Detective.
>>
Can you really call yourself a nihilist if you haven't killed yourself?
>>
>>528465
Sure thing reddit
>>
>>528465
>implying nihilism can't be liberating
>>
>>528481

maybe then youre a self-defeating nihilist
>>
>>528363
I didn't. I kinda wish I would have though. Their quality of life seems to usually be pretty good compared to people who dont. That's just my opinion though.
>>
>>528465
>>528342
Then why don't you make the leap of faith and become Christian or Muslim, if you're gonna lie to yourself like that you might just go all in.
>>
>>528465
Hedonism is the happiest way to live.
Guilt free living is the only way to live,my religious friends are miserable under the weight of their guilt.
>>
>>528140
ultimately this:
>>528162
but I consider myself to be an existential nihilist, however, the only logical conlclusion to nihilist beliefs is to kill yourself and abdicate from the pointlessness of it, or more to the point not quite to kill yourself, but just to cease to participate in anything this world has to offer, which includes trying to sustain your life in any way even eating or drinking.

I'm still here, so I guess I'm full of shit, but that's ok, so is everyone else.
>>
>>528481
It's the will to live. Just like you can't philosophize your vital to stop functioning
>>
>>528544
I dont know why your religious friends are that way but I see the opposite from mine. They seem to have an outlet to those things bothering them deep down.
>>
>>528601
>They seem to have an outlet to those things bothering them deep down.
Crying in the church asking god for forgiveness for being human.
Its sickening if you think about it,we are just used to it.
>>
>>528611
I dont really see the difference when im pretty sure humans are supposed to sin in their belief. I can see how it would be mentally healthier to be sorry and honest about what you did, even if the person you're talking to isnt real.

(i dont know a whole lot about religion, so correct me if im wrong)
>>
>>528140
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgcd6jvsCFs
Subjectivism of purpose can be a mess
>>
Looks like youre all saying Nihilism is bad, because you dont want to accept your inevitable death, and because theres no practical reason to applying to the ideology.
So, you're saying, its better to apply to philosophies that control your life in a practical means, even if they are flawed?

So, you refuse to accept the inevitable death of Earth, only because accepting it wont benefit you personally.
>>
People are afraid of the world being meaningless, so they toss up mental blocks and spew vitriol in order to make the bad thoughts go away.
>>
>>528863
Nice anime villain speech bro
>>
>>528571
As the post you linked to said, you don't need to be fed a purpose by an authority figure. You should choose one for yourself. If you choose one then you aren't really a nihilist. If you don't then you are a faggot.
>>
>>528874
Such enlightened
>>
>>528863
Read some Camus, m8. I feel like it would do you specifically a world of good.
>>
>>528863

I can't remember quite where I saw the argument laid out, or many of the specifics (hadn't been sleeping the three days prior), but I've seen a fairly well thought-out justification for immortality being the only sensible goal for a nihilist.
>>
>>528896
I read the Stranger, thats all.
Always been a tad existentialist, but I accept my inevitable death, and that is can happen at any time.
Why do you recommend him?
And, any specific works?
>>
>>528874
What if focusing on some points of life gave you no enjoyment from life so you focused in things that do? That sounds pretty logical.
>>
>>528959
Thats the only conclusion I've ever been able to pull from nihilism.
>>
Because they shit on every institution that holds meaning and purpose in humanity out of pure egoism.

Unless you're talking about existentialist nihilists, in which case
>you must create your own values and be true to them including this value that I'm imposing on you
>>
Words are just containers for the essence of ambiguity that lies at the heart of all meaning.
>>
File: 1440813704265.jpg (83 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
1440813704265.jpg
83 KB, 540x360
>>528140
Because people don't understand it.
>>
>>529215
this 2bh mein family
nihilism is not synonymous with pessimism
>>
>>529166
words are tools that people use to get what they want.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.