[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know little to no history and I want to correct that, what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1123676.jpg (160 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
1123676.jpg
160 KB, 700x466
I know little to no history and I want to correct that, what are the books that will teach me about this subject?
>>
>>527506
Cartoon History of the Universe 1-3
Cartoon History of the Modern World 1-2
Cartoon History of the United States

Then read Zinn

Then read EP Thompson's Making of the English Working Class
>>
File: tumblr_m2njftkYT11qg9pym.gif (496 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m2njftkYT11qg9pym.gif
496 KB, 500x278
>>527517
>universe
>modern world
>united states
>this is murrican summary of history
>>
>>527524
In all fairness I think he was stating that since he assumed that OP was American.
>>
>>527524
It is a simplified English language reading programme that encourages historical reading.

I've not found a cartoon history of Scotland that I consider worth using as a teaching tool for complete fucking noobs.
>>
Roberts - History of the World
Norman Davies - Europe: A History
>>
>>527517
This

I'll add the world history youtube series by the historian John Green. With this knowledge you will have a solid foundation with which to converse on reddit.
>>
File: xD.png (62 KB, 499x506) Image search: [Google]
xD.png
62 KB, 499x506
>>527681
>>
>>527681
I've not seen Green ever raise reading issues, historiographical issues, or present anything other than a chronicle narrative of the most trite reductivist kind.

In contrast Goznik is worth the read and develops reading skills. Goznik raises sourcing issues, issues to do with narrative representation, complexifies his narrative and occasionally raises historiographical debates.

Why don't you fuck your cunt with a cactus.
>>
>>527681
John Green
kek
>>
>>527506
Conquest of a Continent
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.