[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Code of Ethics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 500x320
What code of ethics do you live by?
What self imposed rules govern you and why?
>>
>>522559
All you need is the golden rule. Fuck the rest.
>>
>>522559
>What self imposed rules govern you and why?
I try not to involve myself in unnecessary threads because they waste my valuable time, energy, and perhaps would make me dumber.
>>
>>522603

Silver rule is better to be honest family. It's more realistic and passive and I think thus more achievable.

I don't subscribe to any deontological rules or anything like that at all (Kant was a literal autist) but I also think utilitarianism is retarded.

Virtue ethics master race. Anyone requiring specific moral guidance for general everyday life probably lacks the capability to understand ethics.
>>
>>522559
none of your god damned business faggot.
>>
Post-Christian humanism
>>
>>522622
The only difference between the golden and silver rule is where it's centered on

Silver is self representation first

Golden is other representation first

They reference the same.
>>
>>522559
Ethics are impossible in a world without god or a master signifier.
>>
File: homepage_large.8df288c5.jpg (123 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.8df288c5.jpg
123 KB, 319x319
whatever I feel is right at the given moment

hurh
HURH
>>
>>522559
Just try not to fuck over other people.
>>
>>522559
>What code of ethics do you live by?
None. I generally do what I want and what I want is usually considered good. I haven't studied any codes well enough to go to the effort of adopting them and I don't really see the point.

>What self imposed rules govern you and why?
I try and make myself more productive than I would otherwise be
>>
The ethics found within Stoicism.
>>
>>522559
Trying to live up to Christian morality, but it's extremely difficult. But also extremely satisfying and psychologically fortifying after you try it, and keep trying.
>>
>>522559
Ethics is just an unsystematic rationalisation of social instincts and cultural norms, and the most bullshit "discipline" ever created by man.

You don't need to justify your moral behavior for you to follow it, that's just sterile self-justification; if anything, I think doubting it is more useful; only by doubting you can open up perspectives beyond your self-approval.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.