[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
was stalin really evil or just a meme, i dont get it. i mean
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: nostoppingcomrade.gif (2 MB, 330x275) Image search: [Google]
nostoppingcomrade.gif
2 MB, 330x275
was stalin really evil or just a meme, i dont get it.
i mean he won ww2 industrialized and stabilized the soviet union, some times the price you pay you pay with bodybags
>>
His economic progress is actually pretty unimpressive compared to what democratic countries like Japan and Singapore managed to pull off.

And he's the reason so many Russians died in WW2. He let Hitler mass three million troops on the Russian border and actually believed Hitler when he said it was for an invasion of Britain.

That after killing two thirds of his general staff.
>>
who needs stable economics anyway
>>
>>519114
Yes, commies estabilished succesful education (tsarist russia was super backwards, most of people couldn't read before revolution) and industrialized country. But they were incompetent and inefficient as fuck, especially Stalin who would purge thousands of officers over his paranoia what would ultimately lead to humiliation against Finland and extreme loses in war against Germany among other things. Dont believe memers who claim that hurr durr it was necessary to kill insane amount of civilians in order to have a chance against Germany.
And the reason why he isn't as blackened as Hitler is simple. He won.
>>
File: 1450301395799.png (84 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1450301395799.png
84 KB, 413x395
>>519114
That's like asking was Hitler really evil or just a meme.
>>
>>519237
except for the fact hitler wasnt evil at all
>>
>>519237
Well, if we exclude his plans then yes, he was less evil than Stalin if we go by bodycount and ideology. Different story if he would beat USSR.
>>
File: Palp_trustme.jpg (180 KB, 1529x1200) Image search: [Google]
Palp_trustme.jpg
180 KB, 1529x1200
Good is a point of view Anakin
>>
>>519114
>evil
Normatives get dealt with on >>>/pol/
>>
>>519114
>he's never read The Revolution Betrayed
Stalin was a piece of shit.
>>
>>519245
Dépends on how you count the bodies though
>>
>>519415
>Dépends on how you count the bodies though
As long as we can agree that Rummel should never count bodies, ever, again.
>>
>>519114
he was a sociopath
>>
>>519114
>stabilized the soviet union

Stopped reading there, you obviously know nothing of Russian History. Go read some books then get back to us.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.