[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of the moorish medieval civilization and empire?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Empire_almohade.png (29 KB, 882x648) Image search: [Google]
Empire_almohade.png
29 KB, 882x648
What do you think of the moorish medieval civilization and empire?
>>
>>5181

I've always wondered, are they the ones who introduced rice into Spain?
>>
I'm moor ask me anything bro
>>
>>5215

How based were the Romans?
>>
>>5181
Why are the moors on some pictures depicted as blacks and on some as North Africans?
>>
>>1604
>>1604
>>1604

>>5214
Probably, considering north africa to the middle east was an open and very busy road. Probably got there by someone who had come by rice at a Hajj
>>
Alhambra is pretty cool
>>
>>5267
Because north africa is a mixed place where you'll find every range of skin color
>>
>>5267
The ones depecting dark skinned people are usually about slave or song folk, or military mercaineries.

>>5396
No. 90% of the maghrebis have the same skin color, tanned/whitish.
I'm moroccan.
>>
>>5396
As someone who visits Morroco every year I can assure you that's not really true, the only black people I encountered were immigrants
>>
File: 6389061-9637080.jpg (127 KB, 637x410) Image search: [Google]
6389061-9637080.jpg
127 KB, 637x410
>>5502
That's how moroccan look like.
Meds with a bit more tanned skin.
>>
File: 800px-Empire_almoravide.png (127 KB, 800x976) Image search: [Google]
800px-Empire_almoravide.png
127 KB, 800x976
>>5181
a very interesting history of religious fanaticism and political division. In the end most of the Berber dynasties that came to rule Western North Africa and Southern Spain were always doomed because they had to choose to concentrate on one or the other.
>>5267
Slave trade and dynasties like the Almoravids conquering deep into West Africa.
>>
>>5455
>>5502
I'm form Algeria and you'll find every form of skin color in the Maghreb region.

Note that I haven't commented on the disparity or the percentage.

Moroccans are darker skinned compared to the majority of Algerians and Tunisians.

Reminder that there is a big ass desert where dark skinned people come from
>>
>>5663
Tribal division and wars were also the main problem between the dynasties.
>>
>>5737
>Tribal division and wars were also the main problem between the dynasties

this issue was always exacerbated because the rulers had to choose between their Spanish territories and their Maghreb homeland. You concentrate on fighting the Christians in Spain and another tribe back in North Africa becomes unruly and tries to replace you. You concentrate on North Africa and the Christian kingdoms in the North attack. It didn't help that the foundation of Al-Andalus was built on Arab and later Moorish supremacy that left the natives disenfranchised.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.