[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will the US pay war crime reparations to Japan for the atomic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 14
File: Nuclear Artillery.jpg (1 MB, 2945x2338) Image search: [Google]
Nuclear Artillery.jpg
1 MB, 2945x2338
When will the US pay war crime reparations to Japan for the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
>>
>>516461
It already did by fixing Nip Economy after the war.

When will Japan admit to any of its war crimes?
>>
Considering the absolute horrors Japan did, not dropping more nukes are crime reparations enough.
>>
when will the nips pay China for Nanking?
>>
why should they
>>
>>516461
>Reparations for the nukes
>No mention of the firebombings

We won the war, so we did nuttin' wrong.

t.McNamara
>>
U.S. poured a ton of money into Japan in the post WWII reconstruction.

Japan has paid any reparations for her atrocities.
>>
>>516463
Germany also experienced an economic miracle in the decades after WW2 - is the solution to financial problems the destruction of civilian populations?

>>516468
Japanese war crimes pale in comparison

>>516473
Nanking is vastly overblown in Western media, yes it happened but not nearly at the same level as it's supposed

>>516475
Because America was responsible for the murder of 120,000 innocent civilians

>>516483
America has a lot to answer for

>>516487
That doesn't mean anything, the Marshall Plan accomplished the same thing but that was simply due to US strategic initiatives and the need to prevent the Soviets from taking advantage of ruined European economies
>>
>>516492
but causing civilian deaths in war is not a war crime
(under particular circumstances, such as bombings of valid targets)
>>
>>516503
Are you saying that Dresden wasn't a war crime? That happened using conventional explosives, a key outcome of the atomic explosions was psychological shock at the mass murder of innocent civilians and the complete destruction of entire cities, regardless of their military value
>>
When are they going to reimburse us for those nukes? They must've cost a fortune at the time!
>>
>>516511
>a key outcome of the atomic explosions was psychological shock at the mass murder of innocent civilians and the complete destruction of entire cities, regardless of their military value

Against a country that refused to surrender. Do you have any idea how many people would have suffered and died if America was forced to perform a land invasion? How fucked the country would be if the Soviets had been able to invade and seize parts of Japan?
>>
>>516511
the consensuns on the dresden bombings is that indeed it was not a war crime, and your conclusions and comments such as "regardless of their military value" have no ground to stand on
>>
>>516522
Actually, Japan was willing to surrender as long as its conditions were met - the preservation of the imperial institution; that Japan not be occupied; that the Japanese armed forces be disbanded voluntarily; and that war criminals be prosecuted by Japanese courts. Accepting those reasonable demands would have meant no Allied invasion and no atomic bombings.
>>
>>516527
>reasonable
>>
>>516492
>120,000

You do know that the japanse killed that amout and more. With bayonets. For fun.
>>
>>516579
>believing allied propaganda
>>
>>516527
That literally means "lets call it a tie"
>>
>>516580
I don't really consider the Japanse army to be allied propaganda. A lot of officers were shocked at the behavior of their troops.
>>
>>516587
A lot of the Chinese "civilians" were engaged in guerilla operations against Japanese units, they were simply dealing with a liability
>>
>>516607
120,000 liabilities for a few hundred partisans real and perceived, half a month after the last Chinese military unit had fled the city?
>>
>>516549
How were they unreasonable?
>>
>>516527
>>516670

come on anon
>war criminals be prosecuted by Japanese courts
so no prosecution at all, although it wouldn't have been much better than some of the american prosecutions like for unit 731
>>
>>516670
>that Japan not be occupied
Not just Japan, but also Korea and Formosa. This preserved Japan's colonial holdings gained through the invasion of sovereign nations.
> the preservation of the imperial institution
The preservation of the imperial institution included the same government that had been responsible for starting the war, first in China and then escalating into all of southeast asia.
>that the Japanese armed forces be disbanded voluntarily
The actual terms was that disarmament and demobilization would be handled by Imperial Headquarters, leaving no accountability and leaving the possibility of rearmament.
>and that war criminals be prosecuted by Japanese courts
Essentially indicating that all war criminals would be protected under the Japanese legal system.

Moreover, as >>516582 said, these are demands seemingly levied by a party that was already not on its fucking knees. The Japanese government was asking for everything that had allowed military dictatorship to rise from the previously civilian Taisho government to be preserved, something which was antithetical to the war goals declared in Potsdam.
>>
The solution is to drop a bomb on the US. I recommend Texas
>>
>>516492
>Japanese war crimes pale in comparison

> Insane numbers of murdered civilians and POW
> Biological experiments on civilians and POW
> EATING, AS IN CANNIBALIZING, ON POW
> Rape camps with sex slaves

Japan is cartoon-tier of evil.
>>
>>516461
I can't think of a single target more deserving than 1945 Japan
>>
File: japanese_gotta_deal_with_it.jpg (179 KB, 796x883) Image search: [Google]
japanese_gotta_deal_with_it.jpg
179 KB, 796x883
>>516461
>>
>>516461
>war crime reparations
Hold down Suk Som Dik.
China still didn't repay you for the shit you've done in Nanking. I think that will be a some major shit you'll get pushed in. Keep your buttholes tight.
>>
File: bull-05.jpg (26 KB, 640x370) Image search: [Google]
bull-05.jpg
26 KB, 640x370
>>516826
>China still didn't repay you for the shit you've done in Nanking.

You can't even imagine, give it a couple of more years till it gets hard and tight.
>>
>>516461
Payroll approval has been granted for 12 September 2173
>>
>>516607
>Muh partisans
>>
>>516461
>OP is white guy roleplaying as some sort of warcrime denying Japanese nationalist
Fuck off prease
>>
File: 1420624329355.gif (981 KB, 1064x589) Image search: [Google]
1420624329355.gif
981 KB, 1064x589
ITT
>>
>>516527
Only a dumb ass would agree to that, and that is a spit in the face of every Allied soldier who bleed to defeat the Japanese Empire.

Also those surrender conditions basically = a tie.
>>
>>516526
>the consensuns on the dresden bombings is that indeed it was not a war crime

maybe on /pol/
>>
>>517157

Wouldn't /pol/ be of the sort that it was a war crime? I mean, nazi worship is basically institutionalized there.
>>
>>517157
But /pol/ thinks dresden was a war crime, le eternal anglos killed millions of innocent ayrans working in puppy rehoming centres, christmas decoration factories etc
>>
>>517157
Daily reminder that Bomber Harris did nothing wrong
>>
>>516492
>the reparations don't mean anything if it had politics in mind
>>
File: antideutsche.jpg (274 KB, 650x489) Image search: [Google]
antideutsche.jpg
274 KB, 650x489
>>517760

The German left agrees.
>>
>>516461
never

talk shit get hit
>>
>>516527
>and that war criminals be prosecuted by Japanese courts.
in a country where insubordination in the armed forces was the norm and rebel soldiers launching coups on the government weren't given anything other than a slap on the wrist I really doubt Japan would've "prosecuted" the war criminals.

Now that doesn't mean I approve of all the war criminals executed, Homma and Yamashita were good men.
>>
>>516811
but this is a japanese website translated into english lmao
>>
>>516492
Estimated chinese deaths in ww2 approach 20,000,000. You lost all credibility.
>>
File: MTE5NTU2MzE2MzkwNTI0NDI3.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NTU2MzE2MzkwNTI0NDI3.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>"August 6 1945, Best day of my fucking life."
-Harry S Truman
>>
>>516461
Right when Japan repays for its hilarious list of war-crimes that make the Nazis look better in comparison.

THE FUCKING NAZIS.
>>
>>520508
a couple million chinks need to be killed every couple of decades or else they get over populated.
>>
>>521277
This isn't even entirely untrue. Look at China's own state caused mass famines, and their one child rule which was meant specifically to regulate the population.
>>
>>516473
>>516463
they did
I wish this meme would stop.
>>
>>521284
The mandate of heaven was a way to keep the Chinese population in check. A good mass revolt every few decades to centuries keeps them in check.
>>
>>521296
Also true. Revolutions did a huge toll on the population of China even in pre-modern times.
>>
File: 1443743062549.jpg (70 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1443743062549.jpg
70 KB, 500x500
>>521299
Therefore the Chinese Government should be thanking Japan.
>>
>>521308
I mean, they should thank them anyway for grinding down Chiang Kai Shek.
>>
>>516461
>pay
We liberated the Japs from millenia of autocracy.
They should bow and scrape before us for bestowing them with democracy
>>
>>516461
Never. There is no one to force them to do it, and Japan isn't asking for them (as far as I know).
>>
>>516461
Bait
>>
>pay as an apology for winning
No.
>>
>>521889
But you didn't remove the Emperor
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 529x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 529x400
>>516461
War is the ultimate in lawlessness. The idea that there are such things as war crimes is absurd.
>>
>>522289

I'm pretty sure this is from a movie
>>
the us doesn't fix shit
>>
>>516527
What part of UNCONDITIONAL SURRENDER do you not understand?
>>
File: nomatter1.png (426 KB, 540x699) Image search: [Google]
nomatter1.png
426 KB, 540x699
>>522289
this
>>
>>516461
They should be happy that they weren't removed from the face of the earth.
>>
. . . our ships searched east of Samar for other stragglers and for our airmen who had ditched the day before. We found no Jap ships, but Japanese swimmers were as thick as water bugs.
I was having breakfast when Bill Kitchell burst in and cried, "My God Almighty, Admiral, the little bastards are all over the place! Are we going to stop and pick 'em up?"

I told him "Not until we've picked up our own boys."

. . . when we had recovered all the Americans, I ordered our destroyers "Bring in cooperative Nip flotsam for an intelligence sample. Noncooperators would probably like to rejoin their ancestors and should be accommodated." (I didn't want to risk their getting ashore, where they could reinforce the garrison.) The destroyers brought in six.
Bill Halsey
>>
>>522462

To be fair the Japs tied ditched American pilots to weights and threw them overboard when they were finished interrogating them
>>
>>522468
Just pointing out that the war in the Pacific was way beyond what one would consider ordinary. Even the Eastern front had a higher percentage of prisoners taken.
>>
>>517771
Not even german, but that shit is awfully self hating, pathetic, and downright offensive.
Is the german left basically a political simile of the Westboro Baptist Church in terms of edginess and political incorrectness? Because that shit looks incredibly insane.
>celebrating the death of civilians of your own nation
>>
File: 1451684056839.png (38 KB, 853x543) Image search: [Google]
1451684056839.png
38 KB, 853x543
>>516492
>>
Questioning the use of the atomic bombs instead of strategic bombing in general is sophomoric.
>>
Was Japan the most horrifying country in WW2? If given the chance, would you drop one extra nuke just for good effort?
>>
>>516461
>war crimes
UN pls go
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 800x800
Reminder that if it wasn't for nukes, Chinese cartoons will never exist for export purposes and by extension, this site will never exist.
>>
The U.S. has helped the Japenese enough, besides if wiped out the island there would be no more anime
>>
>>524488
Chinese Cartoons wouldnt exist at all under Imperial Japan's censorship laws.
>>
>>524480
I would've dropped in Kyoto. Why didn't they drop it in Kyoto in the first place?
>>
>>524514
Would imperial japan censor vagoos and the slight connecting region of the male penis shaft and gland?
>>
>>524526
They censor shit relating to sex, period.

Blame Meiji Japan. Back in the Tokugawa period cunts were liberal with sex and violence in artwork. Comedic effect even. But the Meiji wanted to emulate the prudes of the USA/Britain and so cracked down on em.
>>
>>524519
Stimson was a weeb.
"muh culture"
>>
>>524531
Better the Meiji than the Edo. At least they are moving away from feudalism and didn't end up like a backwards country like Nepal.
>>
>>524514
Chinese cartoons will most certainly exist, but they all will be like Best Koreans.
>>
>>524543
Nah. Like Disney. Kiddy stuff.

Though yeah, prolly with GRORIFY THE MIRITARY inserted in between.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 450x433) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 450x433
>mfw
>>
>>524519
Kyoto was already firebombed into ash.
>>
>>522428
Do you have the full set of those pictures?
>>
>>516607

A lot of the Japanese "civilians" were engaged in guerilla operations against American units, they were simply dealing with a liability.
>>
File: Nagasakibombpepe.jpg (206 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Nagasakibombpepe.jpg
206 KB, 800x600
>>516461
>>
>>522289
Correct.
>>
>the m-m-murder of hundreds of thousands including children w-was alright! Their surrender offer wasn't ENTIRELY unconditional, I mean, what option did we have BESIDES wiping a couple cities off the m-map?

It was one of the most egregious war crimes in the history of the earth, against a nation offering terms of surrender, and you Americans should really just accept it
>>
>>516587
A lot more of their troops were terrified at the behavior of their officers.
>>
>>527427
The Japanese had time to surrender after the first bomb, any nation stupid enough to not immediately surrender deserves everything it gets
>>
>>527427
Their surrendering offer was basically "don't kill the emperor, allow us to keep our colonies and don't charge any of us for any war-crime".

They weren't surrendering, they were taking the piss.
>>
>>527427

>Accept terms of surrender that leave roughly 5 million Japanese troops occupying huge chunks of China, all of Korea, Vietnam, Malaya most of Indonesia etc., to be withdrawn when the Japanese feel like it.
>But oh yeah, it's a war crime if you didn't accept a deal like that.

Were your mother and father brother and sister?
>>
Why didn't the US nuke Tokyo and just fuck off with Japan collapsing?
>>
>>522462
>citation please.
>>
>>527822
Tokyo was already destroyed from the fire bombs. Which is what happens when you make houses out of balsa wood and paper.
>>
File: japaneseo-1332749912-53584.jpg (133 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
japaneseo-1332749912-53584.jpg
133 KB, 800x600
>>516461
>When will the US pay war crime reparations to Japan for the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

Never, the bombings (both nukes and conventional) were justified.
>>
>>516627
That's like saying all of the dead civilians in Ukraine, Belarus and western Russia where all part of a Wehrmacht anti-partisan operation. It may be nominally true, but you don't burn down entire villages and engage in mass executions to root out a few partisans.
>>
>>516461
>germany got everything they deserved when they were raped by the slavs go back to /pol/
>pay reperations to japan! the US is war criminals!

LOL
>>
>>516461
>rebuilt the cities it bombed into oblivion
>turned it into a successful parliamentary government
>turned it into a manufacturing powerhouse
>stopped the Soviets from occupying it

We already did, senpai
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.