[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the funniest thing in history
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
What's the funniest thing in history
>>
*farts*
^
|
|
that u fkn nerd.
>>
File: lucian.jpg (273 KB, 540x572) Image search: [Google]
lucian.jpg
273 KB, 540x572
Lucian's True Stories were pretty amusing.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unusual_deaths

>Aeschylus, the great Athenian author of tragedies. Valerius Maximus wrote that he was killed by a tortoise dropped by an eagle that had mistaken his bald head for a rock suitable for shattering the shell of the reptile. Pliny, in his Naturalis Historiæ, adds that Aeschylus had been staying outdoors to avert a prophecy that he would be killed by a falling object.

>One ancient account of the death of Chrysippus, the 3rd century BC Greek Stoic philosopher, tells that he died of laughter after he saw a donkey eating his figs; he told a slave to give the donkey neat wine to drink to wash them down with, and then, "...having laughed too much, he died"

>The deacon Saint Lawrence was roasted alive on a giant grill during the persecution of Valerian.[20][21] Prudentius tells that he joked with his tormentors, "Turn me over—I'm done on this side".[22] He is now the patron saint of cooks, comedians, and firefighters
>>
>>516134
Don't forget about Li Bai. Drunk poet who drowned in a river after he saw the moon's reflection in the water and tried to hug it.
>>
That guy who died from laughter is pretty funny in itself.
>>
>>516155
This; the fact that he was a Stoic is the icing.
>>
File: 51242337.jpg (37 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
51242337.jpg
37 KB, 640x430
>>516103
http://mentalfloss.com/article/50409/tycho-brahe-astronomer-drunken-moose
>>
The history of the German "people"
>>
>>516103
Kettle war
>>
File: image.png (128 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
128 KB, 640x1136
>>516134
>>
File: Ballad of the Baltic Fleet.jpg (416 KB, 1807x1384) Image search: [Google]
Ballad of the Baltic Fleet.jpg
416 KB, 1807x1384
>>516103
>>
>>516152
he was fucking depressed at that time
>>
>>516103
Belgium

Some Belgians actually believe they're of Celtic/Gaullic decent and that all of the Netherlands (Low Countries) up to the Rhine belongs to them.
>>
>>517993
>druken
>poet
was he ever not fucking depressed?
>>
>>517935
10/10, how did Tsushima go?
>>
>>516103
Pompeian graffiti.
>>
>>517773
Fuck this made me laugh. Fuck you.
>>
>>518293
This.
requesting pic of Gaius and Aulus, bros for life
>>
File: gaius&aulus.jpg (63 KB, 896x617) Image search: [Google]
gaius&aulus.jpg
63 KB, 896x617
>>518351

too few women for such a stallion
>>
I found the way Brazil got independent quite funny.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.