[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Say something nice about the khmer rouge!!!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9
File: 1451002180535.jpg (20 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
1451002180535.jpg
20 KB, 540x405
Say something nice about the khmer rouge!!!!
>>
>>515651
Their leadership had good french doctorates.
>>
They gave your average semi-educated Westerner something to know about Cambodia aside from Angkor Wat.
>>
They had a good approach to preventing overpopulation. If the same policies were applied to the most population and highest polluting nations, climate change would no longer be an issue!
>>
>>515651
Pol Pot had a sweet name.
>>
>>515651
Noam Chomsky thought they were great.
>>
>>515682
>good things
>>
They had extremely high combat effectiveness for their pay of nothing.

Being a strong, single piece of shit is sometimes good for a country. Pol pot was an unlucky gambler however.
>>
They contributed to the lowering of the global non-white population.
>>
>>515651
they were a fundamentalist nationalist movement that was used by the west to soil the image of communism.

That's the nicest thing I can say.
>>
It has a pretty boss name I got to admit that.
>>
>>515651
is that a boy or girl ?
>>
>>515651
Bone fide reason to hate Chomsky.

>>515675
It stands for 'Political Potential'. His original name was something very Asian.
>>
>>517032
That derriere looks kind of feminine and I don't think that they're wearing pants.
>>
>>515651
they contributed to the creation of a pretty good Dead Kennedys song
>>
They had the funniest shit like corrupting marxism-leninism into "max-lenin thought" in all their communications.
>>
>>515651
Bailey Jay got a new haircut? I like it
>>
File: Red_Khmer_Flag.png (9 KB, 750x501) Image search: [Google]
Red_Khmer_Flag.png
9 KB, 750x501
>>515651
The flag is kinda baller and is literally the only relevant thing in Cambodian history other than Angkor Wat

On the down side I'm khmer and they killed half of my family and are the reason why Cambodia is irrelevant
>>
>>515651
They made the NVA look good in comparison.
>>
>>517032
Does it matter?
>>
>>517032
it's a boy
>>
>>515651
I will if you give me a source
>>
>>517635
Good
>>
>>517530
Didn't expect a cross.
>>
File: 1449356711720.jpg (137 KB, 700x420) Image search: [Google]
1449356711720.jpg
137 KB, 700x420
>>515682

Chomsky is empirically wrong.
>>
>>515682
I'm going to need a source on that one.
>>
>>517493
seconded
>>
File: 1255646351058s.jpg (3 KB, 126x120) Image search: [Google]
1255646351058s.jpg
3 KB, 126x120
>>517674
>>
>>517693
There's a large jump between being sceptical towards the mass media and thinking they where great.
>>
>>517705
It went beyond skepticism
>>
File: lolita-lyons.jpg (2 MB, 2864x1710) Image search: [Google]
lolita-lyons.jpg
2 MB, 2864x1710
if you needed lotsa killing done, they were your guys
>>
Vietnamese /his/torian here. Gave us target practice for our new Hind D's the Russians gave us and a chance to bitchslap China.

Pic related, if Pol Pot was a gril like in the pic, I'd capture her, make her a slave for the entire VPA and force her to call herself a dirty Cambodian whore.
>>
>>517728
No it wasn't, like him or not, Chomsky never denied the Cambodian genocide and if you have proof otherwise you better come up with great sources.
>>
He was the only real communist on this planet!

I hope Pol Pot comes back from the dead and leads the workers to a new age where evil capitalistic pigs do not exist anymore!
>>
>>517777

>Linguist Noam Chomsky was among the academics who attempted to refute the allegations of massive Khmer Rouge atrocities

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambodian_genocide_denial#Chomsky_and_Herman

I remember when he defended this demonstration of Khmer Rouge. And he wrote a couple of texts claiming: No, this is Western propaganda. Khmer Rouge are not as horrible as that.” And when later he was compelled to admit that Khmer Rouge were not the nicest guys in the Universe and so on, his defense was quite shocking for me. It was that “No, with the data that we had at that point, I was right. At that point we didn’t yet know enough, so… you know.” But I totally reject this line of reasoning.

For example, concerning Stalinism. The point is not that you have to know, you have photo evidence of gulag or whatever. My God, you just have to listen to the public discourse of Stalinism, of Khmer Rouge, to get it that something terrifyingly pathological is going on there.
>>
File: 1388414488728.jpg (103 KB, 682x600) Image search: [Google]
1388414488728.jpg
103 KB, 682x600
>>517887
>“No, with the data that we had at that point, I was right. At that point we didn’t yet know enough, so… you know.”

He *literally* proves that public intellectuals don't know what they're talking about with this sentence.
>>
>>517887
Fuck off Zizek.
>>
>>515651

Thousands of normies were executed for being normies.

Thats about the only good thing pol pot got right.
>>
File: vr3tiidzvh2xb4tgisvv[1].png (84 KB, 419x238) Image search: [Google]
vr3tiidzvh2xb4tgisvv[1].png
84 KB, 419x238
>>517635
>>
>>517887
>Stalinism
Oh shit that reminded me of someone I met who was unironically a Stalinist, When I commented on the millions that died under Stalin, she literally said "they were hindering the revolution and had to be eliminated for the greater good". Needless to say I don't really associate with her, at all.
>>
>>518254
I met a girl like that in college, ended up proving her and my professor wrong a lot. I used a lot of very good citation and sources think they at least understood my point of view.
>>
>>517642

I second this motion.
>>
>>515651

Who is that?
>>
>>515651
They took communism to such an extreme and violent degree it actually led China and Vietnam towards a more moderate position by comparison.
>>
>>519932
but the things that made the Khmer Rouge bad were the things that contradicted Communism, like their racism and the agrarianism.
>>
>>518254
Why not? Just hang around her for shits and giggles. At least shes opinionated.
>>
>>519932
>They took communism to such an extreme and violent degree
Yeah, because the value form was totally replaced in Kampuchea with proletarian self-abnegation through workers councils dissolving themselves into society.
>>
>>519932
nah brah,

just vietnam...

who China attempted (but got rekt) invading in response to the invasion of Cambodia

I don't get why the US bothered to fight for south Vietnam when north Vietnam was a clearly pretty much like Yugoslavia in terms of neutrality.
>>
>>515651

Pol Pot killed himself.
>>
>>517613
Especially when they liberated the country
>>
>>517774
You mean a normal cambodian woman?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.