[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ausfags, how would our cuntry be different if this guy hadn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Ausfags, how would our cuntry be different if this guy hadn't been dismissed? Would we be a pinko utopia or was he on the way out anyway?
>>
>>512374
>Australians knowing anything about our own political history
lol

Seriously though I wish I had something to say on the issue but we're taught like shit
>>
>>512374

What leader of Austria is this?
>>
>>512374
>Ausfags, how would our cuntry be different if this guy hadn't been dismissed?

For this to have happened, Whitlam would have had to have dismissed the Governor General first. Or called an election.

Australians have a tendency to kick people when they're down, so he might see an electoral bump.

The central question is: for the broad tendency of the Whitlam political reforms to continue in parliament, a revolutionary movement was needed to prevent a coup / assassination shutting things down.

Whitlam was trying to put the lid on the revolutionary movement as fast as possible. It was this movement that was forcing Whitlam's reforms (see Origlass in Balmain).
>>
I dont think we'd be much different, NZ was a pinko utopia and now they're going alright after having elected conservatives for the last 10 years
>>514306
Lol
>>
>>515165
>NZ was a pinko utopia and now they're going alright after having elected conservatives for the last 10 years
ROGERNOMICS MUCH?
>>
Not a conspiracytard, but there was a lot more going on behind the dismissal than is generally publicly acknowledged, Kerr was being a dodgy prick, I'll try and chase up[ some sources.
>>
>>517392
Everybody knows our American Friends pressured Kerr. This is about the period when our American Friends recruited Bob Hawke.
>>
>>519234
Oops, totally forgot about the post I made. I just mean that Kerr and Fraser were very chummy and basically engineered the dismissal together.
>>
>>521381
Yeah, nah, thank Washington.
>>
>>515173
Uh yeah. My point was were going alright theyre going alright, Whitlad not getting boned wouldnt have changed much
>>
>>522099
They were going alright, because the EEC closed the UK's ability to free trade with NZ, fucked their economy, and they copied Chile's tactics down to everything but the helicopters.

Sure they were doing okay. Sure they were a pinko utopia as they gutted the unions and welfare. Sure up to 1990 a generation of Kiwis split NZ to get work in Australia, or welfare for that matter.

Sure.

Fucking mong. Go drown yourself.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.