[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was the Ottoman Empire an example of "moderate" Islam?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: OttomanEmpire1800[1].jpg (39 KB, 800x686) Image search: [Google]
OttomanEmpire1800[1].jpg
39 KB, 800x686
Was the Ottoman Empire an example of "moderate" Islam?

I don't associate it with the prudery, violence and martyrdom of modern day Arabia/Islam.
>>
>>511901
It had its religiously retarded moments (i.e. ban on printing because it was unislamic) but it was chiller than what came after.

Turkics never really took Islam that seriously as Ayyrabs do.
>>
>>511907
>(i.e. ban on printing because it was unislamic)
The ban on printing was by the guilds of calligraphists and scribes. Who had a very large influence in the Ottoman Court since they practically wrote down all the bureacratic shit.
>>
>>511901
Sure, moderate,but it still didn't like science. Like that observatory in Istanbul that operated a whopping 3 years or so before getting rekt by clerics.
>>
File: muslim-call-for-impalement.png (1 MB, 1069x714) Image search: [Google]
muslim-call-for-impalement.png
1 MB, 1069x714
>>511901
>Was the Ottoman Empire an example of "moderate" Islam?

It was a moderate Islam for the muslims, but if you weren't a muslim you would get impaled.
>>
>>511920
So how on earth did the Balkans remain majority christian or how did the sultan invite jews fleeing from Spain to his realm if they killed all non-muslims?
>>
Yeah, look at the Balkans for all that really peaceful subjugation by the Ottomans :^)
>>
>>511920
>>511930
M8, Ottoman violence stems from the fact that the ruling dynasty emerged from Central Asia.

And every single one of those cunts from there was violent as fuck.
>>
>>511920
>Balk/Greek/Armo/K*rt shitters starting to shitpost in a Ottoman thread

You guys never quit, aren't you? I wish that you guys have a real history. That way you guys maybe leave Ottoman and Turk threads alone.
>>
>>511927
To my understanding ottomans tended to only convert areas where christianity wasnt that strong anyway. Greeks didnt get forcibly converted much for example since they had a pretty strong organised church. Also ottoman rulers usually preffered people stayed christians since they could tax the areas more that way.
>>
File: meh.ro11628.jpg (368 KB, 500x572) Image search: [Google]
meh.ro11628.jpg
368 KB, 500x572
>>511949
>I wish that you guys have a real history.
Greeks have no real history. please cockroach, piss off with your perso/arab/mongol mixture of shit, any culture you have is the one you took from us you deranged pieces of shit. even now you fight are you more european greek like or more middle-eastern arabian like, as it seems you are mudslimes since sultan Erdogan is winning.

>picrelated turkish history and culture
>>
>>511949
>>511969
Ez pz catch :^)
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.