[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT : Shitty /His/ Memes I'll starts >Soviets singlehandedly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 540x540
ITT : Shitty /His/ Memes

I'll starts

>Soviets singlehandedly won WWII and no one can question their dominance

>Franco-Prussian war does not count as a France vs. Germany war

>Anglos are the cause of all the worlds problems and inferior inbred islanders who never actually fought a war and all of them think they dindu nuffin
>>
>>510923
>History is written by the victor
>If one side has more people than the other it's automatically using human wave tactics
>>
>>510923
>The ancient Egyptians were black
We waz kangs and kweems nigga
>>
File: Abbasids_blackflag.jpg (75 KB, 560x552) Image search: [Google]
Abbasids_blackflag.jpg
75 KB, 560x552
>>510923
>Islamic civilization collapsed when Mongols sacked Baghdad
This one is a favorite of Reddit. Its like the Ottoman empire and Mughals never existed
>>
File: Timurids.png (12 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
Timurids.png
12 KB, 800x533
>>510923
>Mongol were the exception
Nomadic cultures overtaking sedentary societies is hardly exceptional in history
>>
>>511099
You're lucky Yuropoors rolled a fucking 20 against the Moorish conquests. Fucking rng abusing fucks
>>
>>511094
It's more about having role models to look up to, we say we were kings, and use it in the same way as calling a little girl princess.
Race isn't a thing but it is at the same time it is because you get treated differently and judged depending on where you are
We say We Were Kings to have the confidence to do what we want, Africa's is a big place and it's not that far from Europe.
ideas travel the same way in the real world as they do around 4chan.
>>
>>511136
I get you, senpai. I understand it on that sort of level. Ankh niggas just take it a step further with their worship of Egypt like that's our lineage. West Africa has tons of shit to be proud of like the Ghana, Mali, and Songhai empires. Those are the places we should look at for inspo.
>>
>>511147
Yea you get it, it's also the unfamiliarity with other ethnicity's, like the way that you see twins and think they look the same, I guess that's the reason why anyone who is black is lumped in the same category, I do it to asians to be honest, but it is bonding in a way
>>
Greeks with

>we wuz romans and shit
>>
> The Dark Ages happened

Yet also

> The Dark Ages never happened
>>
"History is written by the victors"

Normally precedes a butthurt rant
>>
Orthodox and Catholic sects are entirely different from each other and endorse significantly different philosophy and world view.
>>
>>511111

Quints checked
>>
>>510923
Le spook man
>>
File: kingz.jpg (101 KB, 702x209) Image search: [Google]
kingz.jpg
101 KB, 702x209
>>511094
we wuz everythang
>>
>>511057
Prime quality Dan Carlin meme taken way out of context
>>
>>510984
technically there were just not in egypt except that one or two times
>>
>>510923
>>510923
>Soviets singlehandedly won WWII and no one can question their dominance

i doubt anyone belives this, exept mabey some commies
i think most of /his/ will agree that the Brits,americans and soviets where more or less equal in their war efforts in the sens that victory could not have been achived or been even harder fougth is anyone of them dident participate
all tho the soviets did spend the most manpower and they took berlin just those two facts gives the soviets "bragging rights" as a vital factor in the war
but then again the british and americans where also vital parts in the allied victory

>Franco-Prussian war does not count as a France vs. Germany war

is this a /his/ meme or did someone just not agree with you?

>Anglos are the cause of all the worlds problems and inferior inbred islanders who never actually fought a war and all of them think they dindu nuffin

This is a fucking /pol/ meme you twat just cause there are a bunch of /pol/tards shitposting on this board dosent make it a /his/ meme
>>
>>511267
>implying russia wouldnt be dominated by japan if not for usa
>russo japanese war ii
>>
>>511274
>implying japan could have taken on the bear

there is a reason why japanese empire was mainly islands and coastal areas
its because they hade a strong navy/naval air force, they would never have been able to push very far into soviet territory

last but not least they signed a neutrality pact :^)
>>
>>511313
It would have been a stalemate, although Japan may have to give up the invasion of China. The Japanese Navy/Air Force was too strong, and they are an Island nation.
>>
>>511066
nobody asked for a tumblr meme
fuck john green
>>
>>511267
The Soviets would have done nothing without Lend-Lesse. FDR practically looted the country to save Stalin. Stalin also had an entire army of spies in FDR' government crafting policy that was ridiculously beneficial to the Soviets.
>>
>>511329
Yeah i never said that the soviets would win
i just said that the japanese could never have "dominated" the soviets
>>
>>511338
>The Soviets would have done nothing without Lend-Lesse.
while Lend-Lease was very important to the Soviet war effort, you are overlooking that both Moscow and Stalingrad, possibly the two most important victories of the war, were achieved without any (or any significant) amount of American deliveries - those only ramped up from 43 onwards
>>
>>511338

>they allies where equal in their war efforts in the sense that victory could not have been achived or even more hard pressed if either The UK, U.S or USSR hade abstained from the war

if you dont agree with this then go ahead and refute it
other wise your just saying shit i already know hopeing it will change my opinion to... well i dont even know what you want to convince me off exept that the U.S gave equipment to the russians

>The Soviets would have done nothing without Lend-Lesse

pretty sure the soviets would still have fougth the germans with the equipment they hade since you know they where at war
but yes the american equipment played a large part in the soviet war efforts
>>
File: Feeling It.jpg (75 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
Feeling It.jpg
75 KB, 640x400
>>511057
Proper, actual, ancient Islamic culture that is directly related to Muhammed was crippled after the sacking of Baghdad.
The Ottomans were Turks and the Mughals were Mongols.
>>
>>511414
ethnic heritage doesn't determine culture senpai
>>
>>510923
>We wuz kangz
>Egyptians wuz blacks
Some shitty memes if i must say so.
>>
>>510923

Number 3 is absolutely correct though.

Number 1 is, esentially, right, as in between Op.Barbarossa and the battle of Berlin, 80%-90% of the Wehrmacht was fighting the Soviets. The Afrika Korps that nearly destroyed the British Empire consisted of just 1 Panzer div. and 2 Infantry div.

Number 2 is more difficult to defend as all German states participated in the war. Except Austria, but then again Austria isn't Germany, so, ok.
>>
>>511057
Maybe not Islamic civilisation, but Islamic SUPREMACY certainly died with the sacking of Baghdad. Before then Europe and the Middle East were mostly on par in terms of cultural and scientific understanding, but after that Europe raced ahead and the Islamic world never really caught up.

Mind you, the Ottomans were certainly a force to be feared, but they never held the position of preeminence over the world that their Arab predecessors did.
>>
>Mosley was always a man of the right
>>
>>511111
Charles the Hammer confirmed RNG abuser by quints
>>
Daily reminder Napoleon was RNJesus, until he started getting shittier rolls as of 1812
>>
Catholics aren't Christians (usually said by Protestants).
>>
>>511775
>>
>>511267
>This is a fucking /pol/ meme you twat just cause there are a bunch of /pol/tards shitposting on this board dosent make it a /his/ meme
Who made you in charge of memes?
>>
File: DIKMegM.jpg (32 KB, 445x656) Image search: [Google]
DIKMegM.jpg
32 KB, 445x656
>>510923
this is more of a /pol/ meme, but for some reason people seem to think that when an empire conquers a place- the original inhabitants cease to exist as if complete genocide is the norm,let alone possible
Examples:
> Modern day Egyptians can't be related to ancient egyptians because of Islamic
conqests- only copts are true egyptians because muh christianity
>Ancient Greeks no longer exist because modern day Greeks are Turks
>>
>>510938
>History is written by the victor
If this isn't true, how come communist dictators aren't viewed in the same light as nazis? How come holocaust denial is a criminal offense in many countries but denying communist crimes is not?
>>
>>512190
Well to be perfectly honest copts are the closest we have to ancient Egyptians, and even their blood is diluted
>>
>>512203
Don't want to get to into this but intent is a part of this, yet also, you are aware the commies lost the 20th C? like...USSR and Yugoslavia are no longer a thing, and China hasn't been red since Deng motherfucking Xioping.
>>
>>510923
pan-slavism
>>
File: spsvrpkaazpykuyfmjxv.gif (550 KB, 500x290) Image search: [Google]
spsvrpkaazpykuyfmjxv.gif
550 KB, 500x290
>>510923
>Dark Ages
>No Dark Ages
>WE WUZ KINGZ
>WE WUZ VIKINGZ
>Haplogroup threads
>Confederate apologists
>Placing too much importance on tech advantages with pre-mid 19th century colonization/imperialism.
>Focusing on the humanitarian side of imperialism and foreign wars, instead of paying attention the the political realities that led to certain events.
>Russia 'won' WWII despite spending the bulk of the war getting its ass kicked by only one of the axis powers.

>>512203
>If this isn't true, how come communist dictators aren't viewed in the same light as nazis?

Because killing millions of people on accident due to incompetent collectivizing isn't the same as killing millions of people because of their ethnicity. If it was, Britain would have caught an L for all the famines that happened in their colonies. The actual mass murder done by Stalin and Mao is dwarfed by the nazis, and as >>512234 said, they're definitely not seen in a positive light for it.
>>
>>512190
While a complete ethnic cleansing is a rarity for empires to do, if they stay for centuries, the genetic make up of that populace could change.
>>
>>510923
>Americans singlehandedly won WWII and no one can question their dominance
>>
>>512190
It's not strictly /pol/, it's just 19th century horseshit that people tend to believe to this day. Many historians in the 19th century thought that language = people, so if a certain linguistic group became extinct, they thought the speakers became physically extinct as well. They didn't understand genetics yet so they were making shit up on the spot.

Take Hungary for example. If we believed 19th century theories, we'd think that the area was inhabited by Celts, who got replaced by the Germanics, who got replaced by the Huns, who got replaced by the Avars, who got replaced by Slavs, who got replaced by Magyars. However, genetic research is telling us that most people in that area have been living there since the fucking neolithic.

tl;dr language =/= genes
>>
>>512528
>only one of the axis powers
>>
Reminder that if Germany simply let Russia stay an ally over Austria before WWI they would have won
>>
>>510923
>H

>R

>E
>>
>>512528
>Because killing millions of people on accident due to incompetent collectivizing
Millions of people were enslaved and/or killed because of their class. In Russia, if you owned one more cow than the standard peasant, you were branded a kulak and thrown into forced labor. In China this was even more brutal.

I honestly don't think class genocides are any more justifiable than ethnic genocides, people are still unjustly killed.
>>
>>510923
That hitler hated slavs. He simply attacked poland because poles would genocide germans living in their lands
>>
>>511775
I am not, and never have been, a man of the right. My position was on the left and is now in the centre of politics.

t. Mosley
>>
>>512203
>How come holocaust denial is a criminal offense in many countries but denying communist crimes is not?

Because Europeans committed the holocaust while the Soviets were an external force that killed some of us. These laws are there to protect our societies from themselves. It's not there to make some stupid historical point about which crime was bigger.
>>
>>512867

Yes. Every European committed the holocaust.

The sole reason why Mao and Stalin are not seen as bad as Hitler is because Western nations needed to keep relations with them, even within countries that took no part in the holocaust.
>>
>>512572
basically this.
A side point though, does anyone know what race Avars were? were they Iranian like Sarmatians and Alans or Turkic
>>
>>512542
In most cases it isn't as pronounced as its made out do be. especially in the example of Egypt, a handul of Arab soldiers and governers don't greatly alter the genetic makeup of a much larger and more established population of Egyptians- given that there is no evidence for a mass migration from the Arabian peninsula
>>
>>512911

The same thing happens even today, Germany for example acknowledged the Armenian Genocide only recently (2015). The recognition was postponed because "Turkey is an important strategic ally of Europe"
>>
>>512657
>Our strength consists in our speed and in our brutality. Genghis Khan led millions of women and children to slaughter – with premeditation and a happy heart. History sees in him solely the founder of a state. It’s a matter of indifference to me what a weak western European civilization will say about me. I have issued the command – and I’ll have anybody who utters but one word of criticism executed by a firing squad – that our war aim does not consist in reaching certain lines, but in the physical destruction of the enemy. Accordingly, I have placed my death-head formation in readiness – for the present only in the East – with orders to them to send to death mercilessly and without compassion, men, women, and children of Polish derivation and language. Only thus shall we gain the living space which we need. Who, after all, speaks to-day of the annihilation of the Armenians?

lel get blown wehraboo.
>>
File: antisparrow-propaganda.jpg (49 KB, 397x580) Image search: [Google]
antisparrow-propaganda.jpg
49 KB, 397x580
>>The sole reason why Mao and Stalin are not seen as bad as Hitler
Or, you know, one side killed millions through utter incompetence and the other deliberately and systematically murdered millions. Starving your people and bringing about a natural disaster because you don't actually know shit about ecology and removed an important part of the food chain is a little more accidental than building a gas chamber.

>>512971
>The recognition was postponed because "Turkey is an important strategic ally of Europe"
[citation needed]
>>
>>512973
>t. hitler
being "great" is solely on success on who what country aims for, and genghis was great at raping, killing and pillaging.
>>
I must unite the germanic people under one flag
>>
>>510923
You can't tell real history without whites crying about white guilt.
>>
File: 1385402067742.gif (496 KB, 375x211) Image search: [Google]
1385402067742.gif
496 KB, 375x211
>>513211
>mfw white guilt is the ultimate manifestation of the infantalizing of non-whites and their culture/history.

>mfw the natural result of centuries worth of "they're dumb savages that we dominated with our will" is "why did we bully the poor brown people?"

>mfw overreacting to the effects of European colonization and white supermacy and constant self-conscious denial of it are both manifestations of white guilt.

>mfw /pol/fags and ultra-liberals enable each other without realizing it.
>>
>>511057
it was a major cultural blow to a declining culture
>>
>>513300
what the hell did I just read
>>
>>512942
>race
>uses linguistic terms
>>
>>512190
I absolutely agree.

I see people insist that "the English are genetically Germanic, but the Scottish are genetically Celtic", and I've seen others suggest that Serbs are little more than Russian immigrants to the Balkans.

It's quite frustrating.
>>
>>511381
This isnt true. The only reason the Soviets didnt collapse spring 42 was because early American aid and Germans not being able to finish a war that isnt against the French.
>>
>the Holy Roman Empire was Germany
>>
In general i've noticed that:

>The Ottoman Empire is the meme empire
>Britain is never given any credit
>Discussions focus on what Germany did wrong, not what her adversaries did right
>muh Byzantium
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.