[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he the smartest man to ever live?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: nietzsche.jpg (329 KB, 1274x1700) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche.jpg
329 KB, 1274x1700
Was he the smartest man to ever live?
>>
>>50896
Fruit
Open sexual relationships
Pony hugging
>>
His sense of humor was just decent
>>
Garbage thread anon, good job
>>
Sir Isaac Newton was the smartest man to ever live.
>>
File: Aristotle.png (559 KB, 538x736) Image search: [Google]
Aristotle.png
559 KB, 538x736
OP here, wrong image

Also, I just realized how dumb this thread is. The answer is obvious: yes
>>
>>50971
Why is it garbage?
>>
>>51018
Tthey have threads like this on /lit/ on a daily basis and its garbage there, so theres no reason to not consider it garbage here.
>>
>>51006
>Sir Isaac Newton was the smartest man to ever live.

Not even remotely close, also >>>/sci/

>>50896
No, Aristotle and Leibniz were.
>>
>>51050
Sorry, I wanted to make a thread about Nietzsche, but I'm bad at starting discussion. I figured I'd begin with a provocative question, that's all. Just for fun.
>>
Its learned OP. Learned. And he may be in the 20 century.
>>
>>51086
>also, >>>/sci/
The smartest man will be the smartest man independently of his field.
>>
>>51116
Didn't he die before the twentieth century began? I am too untermesnch to look this up.
>>
he surely wasn't the smartest

the most bitter, i can agree
>>
>>51635
What do you think made him bitter?
>>
>>51635
Schopenhauer was the most bitter.
>>
>>51723
i think he never got over the factthat the girl he loved went with one of his best friends.

Even though it sounds silly for a philosopher, everything i've read of him and his biographies point that he was utterly crushed and felt betrayed by everyone.

It is kind of sad desu, he used to fuck prostitutes wanting to forget that woman, all he got was siphilis
>>
>>51869
I wasn't aware of this. That's extremely interesting.

Do you think his fiery style came out sexual frustration?
>>
File: 1429733422366.jpg (19 KB, 240x300) Image search: [Google]
1429733422366.jpg
19 KB, 240x300
>>50896
>2015
>not recognizing your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ King of Kings

PLEB STATUS ACHIEVED
>>
>you will never kek a German philosopher
>>
>>52004
it wasn't sexual frustration, rather the love he felt for her and that she never cared about him.

i think it did influence him in a bad way, mostly because those were the only real "friends" he had. He never felt close to anyone anymore.

Such levels of isolation made him lose his mind in his last years.

He was a brilliant man, a true skeptic and critic of his culture and the role of christian morality in the average man's life. Honestly groundbreaking.
>>
>>52177
I think he was more angry because he ate too much fruit and didn't know how to hug ponies until the last crisis.
>>
>>52452
his dick was rotting too

shit must be awful
>>
I'd venture a guess that Wittgenstein and Goethe have him beat.
>>
>>52559
I know. No ponies.
>>
>>51017
The last man to ever know everything there was to know.
>>
>>50896
No.
>>
No one wants to admit someone they do not like is a smarty pants. Nietzsche's contribution to thinking is massive, once you get deeper you will see him creeping up in every other philosopher that came after him. If they are not directly following him, than they are subject to his analyses, and he seems to be writing about current people. Than if you look to the past philosophers you see the whole history unfolding in a new way and a lot of unrelated things start to make sense.

But circle jerking isn't much of a discussion. What does the community think of his theories on art?
>>
>>51869
he didn't have syphilis

>>52177
he lost his mind due to a stroke induced by brain cancer

He wrote his most life-affirming work, Thus Spoke Zarathustra, very soon after Ree and Salome left him.
>>
>>51136
>Issac Newton
>made up the falling apple meme
>studders
>believed the apocalypse was near
>was a Philosopher Stone anime fag
>almost went JUST for his Dog
>went crazy in old ages
>>>>smartest man>>>>>>>>>>>>
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.