[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most unbiased book on Israel/Palestine.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: jerusalem_from_mt_olives.jpg (82 KB, 544x310) Image search: [Google]
jerusalem_from_mt_olives.jpg
82 KB, 544x310
What is the most unbiased book on Israel/Palestine.
>>
>>507800
>>
Dont think you are going to find one, unless it was written by an alien. Only thing you can do is read books by both sides.
>>
The Torah
>>
The bible
>>
>>507800
/pol/ archives. Not joking.
>>
File: 1443445467466.jpg (229 KB, 1200x892) Image search: [Google]
1443445467466.jpg
229 KB, 1200x892
>>507845
>>
>>507807
You are kidding right? You know, not everyone in the world harbors a religious/bias mind toward these conflicts. There have been historians, sociologists, anthropologists, and religious studies scholars who hold 100% secular views. It may seem foreign to you to think so if you haven't spent time as an academic researcher (or haven't been apart of higher education in general), but I assure you, unbiased research/books are available that offer a plethora of historical and sociological methods/analysis on the Israel Palestine issue.
>>
>>507856

Every historian has a bias in one way or another if they admit it or not
>>
File: 9780300122817.jpg (45 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
9780300122817.jpg
45 KB, 400x600
>>507804
This one is alright. Also pic related is good; it's less historical and more hands-on approach but still contains heck of a lot of background on the issue.
Read anything by Morris, really. He's a political person but as a historical he's extremely professional and diligent, brings all the details, compares sources, etc. His only shortcoming is that he doesn't read Arabic.
>>
>>507875
Of course, but it varies heavily and from topic to topic. Does that mean we should discredit the secular scholarship of EVERY historian? Of course not. There are plenty of contemporary historians that are detached from these two cultures, which lends them the ability to criticize both sides of the argument in one package. Your pervious post made it sound like everyone has an agenda, or everyone sees this issue as black and white, this is completely untrue and you know.
>>
>>507910

>There are plenty of contemporary historians that are detached from these two cultures, which lends them the ability to criticize both sides of the argument in one package

Not on this one, no
>>
state of siege by doron goldenberg is an incredible book about the second intifada

very highly recommend it
>>
File: ok?.png (221 KB, 1024x1008) Image search: [Google]
ok?.png
221 KB, 1024x1008
>>507919
...replies with "no".
>starting to suspect you are /pol/tard
>>
>>507949

Why would you suspect that, are you Jewish? You seem to be emotionally invested in the subject.
>>
>>507956
No I'm not Jewish, I'm a half Mexican, half Irish American living in California. The only thing I'm invested in is secular scholarship, which you (who I'm starting suspect have no idea what the fuck I am talking about), suspect can not exist.

If you are this suspicious of academia/academic research and scholarship, I don't think /his/ is the right board for you.
>>
>>507800
annotated bibliography on Palestine (and the Israel Question):
http://pastebin.com/SAAqk2NR
>>
>>507956
>are you Jewish?

You're not really doing much to dispel the notion that you're a /pol/tard right?
>>
>>507804
seconding this
>>
the Seventh Million by Peter Novick is a good book
>>
>>507849
>meme game
>>
>>507800
Ha

Haha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Against Our Better Judgement doesn't get enough love.
>>
>>
>>507800
the koran
>>
>>507800
A basic understanding of politics
>>
>>507800
What about finkelstein? Surprised no one mentions him
>>
>>510165
Because Finkelstein is biased as shit
>>
>>510165

this
>>
>>510320

He is obviously disdainful of Israel but he doesn't let that cause him to distort anything. All of his works deal heavily in facts.
>>
>>510337
He's not even a historian of the region, doesn't read Hebrew nor Arabic, and cites mostly secondary materials.
Might as well refer to a WaPo piece.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.