[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what happened?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: LongTermPopulationGraph4.gif (55 KB, 692x476) Image search: [Google]
LongTermPopulationGraph4.gif
55 KB, 692x476
what happened?
>>
>>507378
Fossil fuels, Green Revolution, energy abundance.
>>
>>507378

what were people doing 3000 years before that?
>>
In a word: niggers
>>
File: 1433157046370.png (92 KB, 868x401) Image search: [Google]
1433157046370.png
92 KB, 868x401
>>507378
liberalism
>>
Industrialization.
>>
>>507384
And add modern medicine, abundance of food. I just hope it doesn't continue.
>>
>>507387
What were people doing 100,000 years before that ?
>>
>>507486
It won't. Birth rates drop off once nations industrialize. The population explosion is a result of the standard pre-industrialized birth rates meeting modern food production and medicine methods that reduce death rates. So for a couple of generations you get people popping out babies like they did in the olden times with the expectation that you need like 6 or 7 kids to get 2-3 to survive to adulthood. Plus, with the mechanization of labor, it's no longer necessary to have a butt ton of kids to support the family farm. In fact, kids start becoming a liability more than an asset.
>>
>>507387
Killing themselves
>>
File: Whore1.jpg (236 KB, 1065x725) Image search: [Google]
Whore1.jpg
236 KB, 1065x725
>>507378
>>
File: bowLeggedDragon.jpg (82 KB, 620x801) Image search: [Google]
bowLeggedDragon.jpg
82 KB, 620x801
>>507486
War and Oil plays the biggest part in modern population increases.
>>
File: head.gif (4 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
head.gif
4 MB, 500x282
>>507378
r population strategy hits K population technology and medicine.
>>
GMOs African wouldn't otherwise avoid starvation
>>
Science, damn evil capitalists!
>>
Literally the Industrial Revolution
>>
>>507409
funny how "liberalism" had precisely the opposite effect on India and Russia :-)
>>
>>507957
We should put anti-GMO activists in prison desu
>>
>>507975
Becoming more advanced allows for Self Actualization and less breeding.

More prosperity = Vertical growth
Less prosperity = Horizontal growth
>>
>>507990
That reminds me
>support GMOs
>hate Monsanto for evil business practices
>when I say I hate Monsanto people assume I'm a GMO hating hippie
Why is this
>>
>>507451
This. This is the only correct answer in this thread, and it has been completely ignored (until now).
>>
>>508033

whats this then?
>>507975
>>508011
>>
>>507972
evil capitalists pour an enormous amount of money into R&D and the government (or in the past bored aristocrats) only do so at the behest of business interests
>>
File: Figure3_PopulationGrowthGraphic.png (174 KB, 1000x733) Image search: [Google]
Figure3_PopulationGrowthGraphic.png
174 KB, 1000x733
>>508023
I'm not denying their merits, although Monsanto is a scummy cartel. But you reality can't deny the jevons paradox happening. If there were not the technology to feed so many they would be breeding at lesser capacity. The west ships it's surplus to Africa for good boy points and that has unintended consequences like continual non development and a mismatch between fertility and resources
>>
>>507378
Capitalism
>>
>>507930
sigmoid curve when?
>>
>>508023
Monsanto is a good boy, we buy superior seed from them every year
>>
>>507851
>implying Africa will develop
>>
>>509064

Birth rates are already plunging.
>>
Antibiotics.
>>
>>507988
>liberalism
>state intervention in the economy
>he fell for the progressivism meme
>>
>>507957
>GMOs African wouldn't otherwise avoid starvation

All the Green Revolution varieties are selectively bred dwarfs, not GMO's. Most of the increase in agricultural productivity is due to the use of irrigation and fertilizer anyway.
>>
>>507378
Corn
And industrialization caused mass production.
Its why you are able to waste time and resources sitting at your desk doing fuck all instead of working your ass off on a farm for subsidence all day.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.