[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you will never be a white explorer in the 19th century >you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5
File: 1438229815463.jpg (742 KB, 2000x1329) Image search: [Google]
1438229815463.jpg
742 KB, 2000x1329
>you will never be a white explorer in the 19th century
>you will never die having seen things that few others have
>why live?
I'm not memeing here, I'm genuinely depressed about this. there are no adventures left in the world. no "blank spaces on the map" as Conrad put it. no untamed lands or untamed people. no place where american television is not broadcast. the age of sail is over. there are no more colonies. we have left the genteel age of pith helmets and heroes. why live? for a domestic life? sure you can go to other places as a tourist, but everyone's wearing the same clothes, emulating American culture, every city is full of glass cages, everything looks more or less the same.

Why live?
>>
Start a revolution and make yourself leader, that should give you the validation you require.
>>
>>506671
Make your own adventure, anon.
>>
Since you seem so addicted to new things you might as well deal with science taking over the jigsaw puzzle of life by starting to preach totally new, never before thought of values and morals, just like everyone else has started to do.

The intellect is the only frontier now, no sidestepping the problem with treks or voyages or risking life.

Try to become sexually attracted to something new and unique like cactus or worms or broken glass and tell people about your discovery, they will look up to you for it, I promise.
>>
>>506716
I'm not seeking napoleon-esque grandeur. I would have been content as a redcoat.
>>
>>506671

>access to all human knowledge and books via the internet
>access to news from all around the world
>can order literally anything via the internet, if you know how including drugs
>can connect and talk to almost any human on the planet
>can travel anywhere
>can explore thousands of fictional universes, the cyber-universe, the real universe, lucid dreaming and your inner universe
>technology accelerates at an exponential rate and the singularity will happen in our lifetime

Stop whining faggot.

You are literally living in the most interesting and freest period in human history. An LSD or DMT Trip beats fucking EVERYTHING you can possibly imagine, including walking on the moon.

Just wait 20 years and you can explore a simulation of the 19th century world via virtual reality.
>>
>>506762
>being rich gives an easier life
>>
>>506671
If you were alive at that time you probably wouldn't be an explorer because you'd be too busy whining about how knights don't exist anymore or something
>>
Maybe you're just a whiney bitch OP.
>>
>>506716
>Start a revolution
because that's fucking easy
>>
>>506762
Your post is so retarded, I don't even know where to start. I'm just fucking stunned.
>>
>>506671
you've bought into the lie of modernity

the world is much more mysterious than you think it to be, outside of consumer-industrial technocratic machine culture
>>
>>506794
No, you've bought into the lie of globalism. America is the sole cultural influence in the world. Has been since world war II. And you know what that's based on? The melting pot. Therefore, the melting pot is now melting down all cultures in the world. We see it everywhere. Just take a look at europe.
>>
>>506785

Just start. I'll gladly refute any argument you think you have.
>>
>>506781
Well "God" levels of validation, praise and worship come at a cost.
>>
>>506806
Okay. First, I'll wager that world news and libraries were just as common then as they are now, and if there was a part of the world we didn't receive news from, it's because it had not been settled.

>drugs
I'm incapable of doing drugs. Weed, LSD, shrooms, anything. I can only have bad trips.

>can travel anywhere
this is the problem that I'm lamenting in the OP.

>fictional universes
who gives a shit?

>19th century virtual reality
will no doubt be created and skewed by sjws

in short, i don't belong in this time period.
>>
>>506733
Then join the military. I'd recommend the french foreign legion. The west has really made an existential enemy of Islam, now is your time to fight in a war that will be looked back at in admiration.
>>
>>506818
>i don't belong in this time period

LEL, ASK ME HOW I KNOW YOU'RE 14
>>
>>506827
LOL OP IS FUCKING RETARDED AM I RIGHT AND HE'S PROBABLY UNDERAGE TOO LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
>>
>>506671
There are still unxeplored rainforests that most likely house unknown civilizations.

How about the sea?
>>
I have no problems with technology, only with sjw libtard slavery and cultural enrichment and great men who have influenced my life since my birth dying with no one to replace them
>>
>>506800
globalism is another word for technocratic imperialism, which is the basis of the military-industrial modernity we know today. american culture isn't real culture dimwit. it's technologically enforced consumerism. the melting pot is the influence of corporatism subverting all organic human culture into advertisement.
>>
>>506834
I dunno man I think I belong in another generation. Music back in the day was so much better than what we have now :`D

>>506836
Also this. A majority of the sea has been unexplored. Go find 'Atlantis'.
>>
>>506671
unrelated but does anyone have higher resolution of that paintng?
>>
>>506821
I'll be honest with you here. I'm too much of a pussy. See below.

>>506836
The sea no longer holds the same romance in my eyes, but I've often considered it. Again, joining the navy is out because I'm weak, wear glasses, am asthmatic, etc, but also because I would be too autistic to socialize with the crew and would probably be routinely made fun of until I jumped off the fucking boat.

What it comes down to is I'm an immature little bitch. I deserve fucking painful death by rape. I don't deserve friends or understanding because I'm a disgusting neet virgin shit. I'd be as ridiculed then as I am now.
>>
File: fgh5.png (391 KB, 700x2100) Image search: [Google]
fgh5.png
391 KB, 700x2100
>>506818

>you will never die having seen things that few others have

It's up to you how deep you want to go down the rabbit hole anon. Like I said, the computer is your spaceship. The Internet is space. It's up to you where you travel. There are many planets where only a few have been.

http://www.pdfdrive.net/

Some stuff you could research: mind control, illuminati, bilderberg, MKUltra, occultism, skull and bones, hermetics, kabbala, theosophy, philosophy, psychology, symbology, numerology, tarot, black magic, mythology, rituals, buddhism, freemasonry, rosicrucians, knights templar, aldous huxley, bahomet, ancient mystery schools... etc

This anon is right >>506794. The world is much more mysterious than you can possibly even fathom. Don't be a faggot and start your journey of discovery and education today.

Or else you will stay one of the faggots you despise so much who'll die without seeing secret things.
>>
>>506857
How about under the sea, my good Anon. All it takes is reading a few books and you can join a group of also socially awkward scientists.
Hell, you could even just be a tech-guy, which would require less studying but is a neccessary job in the business.
>>
>>506866
I do math at an eight grade level. I can't into logic or science. I'm fucking dumb. I just wanted someone on this board to understand what I'm saying and say, "yes, anon. I agree. It's a bygone era that will never return".
>>
>>506857
>I'm to much of a pussy
Then you aren't deserving of glory, wallow in the darkness of your self pity. You seek only attention.
>>
>>506876
Besides, as another anon pointed out we can see literally every inch of our earth, space, and underwater on TEE VEE. there's no difference between seing it in person and on a screen.
>>
>>506879
Yes, I seek only attention. I want someone to fucking beat me like they used to do in the imperial russian army: spontaneously, without reason, and ruthlessly until i die of internal bleeding. I don't deserve adventure or glory or anything. i deserve pain. eternal fucking pain. i deserve suffering.
>>
>>506886
Wew lad :'D
>>
>>506733
Then become a mercenary
>>
>>506762
We can talk to literally anyone and everyone on the internet, yet all of you have the same opinion. Go figure. It's like a global network can only make us more alike and the differences of the world are slowly dying.
>>
File: 1912.jpg (253 KB, 1024x885) Image search: [Google]
1912.jpg
253 KB, 1024x885
>>506886
Research the history of depression
>>
>>506898
My depression is justified. I'm too different from other people. I'm a mutant. and mutants have always been stamped out.
>>
>>506914
I never said it was unjust.
>>
>>506927
why did you suggest it?
>>
>>506890
Mercenaries are pussies.
>>
Rudyard Kipling would have understood. The average 4chan user is more modern.
>>
>>506944

your mom is a pussy
>>
>>506762
I am from a country in the Far East Asia.My ancestors would have to walk through the treacherous mountains and roads of the Silk road to reach you.Now with the internet I can say your a "fag" for saying that.Enjoy the CURRENT AGE
>>
File: Back1838_2.jpg (67 KB, 537x334) Image search: [Google]
Back1838_2.jpg
67 KB, 537x334
>>506671
CONGRATS OP, YOU HAVE GONE BACK IN TIME AND NOW ARE ASSIGNED TO THE CREW OF HMS TERROR!

ENJOY YOUR ADVENTURES!
>>
>>506962

Why do you hate this age so much?

Technology, science and enlightenment are not your thing? Go back to the barbaric past where people shat on the street, died for their kings and died with 30 because of poor health and nutrition you illiterate peasant

>hurr durr the past was so groooorious

this meme needs to fucking die. the past was fucking awful.
>>
>>506975
>you couldn't indulge in wreckless hedonism
>how awful
looooool
>>
>>506965
I'd love to die like that.
>>
>>506957
Well women don't tend to make good soldiers.
>>
>>506965
>the past wasn't safe, anon
>why do you want to live in a time when your safety was not guaranteed, anon
>wouldn't you rather sit in a room and do nothing all your life
>>
>>506993
Leave your room then. There is nothing stopping you from doing something incredibly dangerous.
>>
>>506975
>died at 30

When will this meme end? Do you really think 18th and 19th century nations were just filled with 20 year olds and nobody else? It's called infant mortality, which sucked but didn't mean people weren't expected to reach old age.
>>
>>506996
I did just now, as a matter of fact. It's funny you should mention it. I stood in the doorway of my parents house and went back in because i'm afraid and there's no place to go in this small town.
>>
>>506986

protip: nobody is forcing you to be a hedonistic, degenerate consumerist whore

start reading more, start doing more exercise, start helping other people, go to nature more often, stop consuming violent and perverse shit and maybe you'll find that gf who isn't corrupted
>>
>>506671
Take your parents car, pawn all your shit and just drive. You seem to view the sea in a romantic way so why not drive along the seaside and try and get yourself onto a fishing boat or a cargo carrier? Sounds pretty exciting to me.
>>
>>507016
Because that's something that men do. I am not a man. They'd laugh me off the boat. I've never done an ounce of labor in my life.
>>
>>507021
The journey will make a man out of you. or it wont, part of the fun is the uncertainty right?
>>
>>507009
>find that gf who [appears] isn't corrupted
Although they are all easily corruptible, so aim young and to be controlling their media/friends should be your second full time job given how much shit is out there.
>>
>>507021
He hasn't even read Moby Dick, it will make you into a man if you believe you deserve to be there, you would be validating there glory and every man loves that.
>>
Has even a single one of you been to sea?
>>
>>507039
I've never been that far off the coast, so only in my dreams (so far)
>>
ITT lost, feminine boy-girl asks other misguided anons so effeminate that they're on the verge of being traps for help on actualizing his manliness.

nothin' to see here
>>
>>507039
I was on a Royal Carribean cruise once. There's like 5 different all you can eat buffets on that boat. Talk about adventure.
>>
>>507043
>>507064
Then why are you all telling OP to go to sea. what the fuck?
>>
File: 1435358214498.jpg (44 KB, 282x341) Image search: [Google]
1435358214498.jpg
44 KB, 282x341
>>507039
Yes
>>
>>507066
I'm not. Cruises are pretty expensive.
>>
>>506863
>>>/x/
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.