[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christianity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (13 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13 KB, 300x168
im still confused about it.i want to learn more and start believe more in it.
is Adam the first guy in earth?i've heard about lilith that she's the first woman but not mention in Bible,why?
>>
Adam was the first man on earth, created from dust. In Jewish mythology, the first woman Lilith was created from dust also, but that made Adam and Lilith equals and caused fights over dominance. Therefore, she was discarded, and Eve was created from one of Adam's ribs, so she would be subordinate to her. I don't think Lilith is ever mentioned in the Bible, just in Jewish commentaries on Genesis.
>>
>>506667
>but not mention in Bible,why?
Probably because God doesn't want his fuck-ups publicised.
>>
>>506698
>Adam was the first man on earth
can u explain that?
is jewish the same as christianity?
so now we know that eve not the first woman,its lilith the demon?
>>
>>506698
Hate to sound like a tumblrite, but that's pretty sexist
>>
>>506698

What does it feel like to be in a cult?
>>
>>506751
Judaism is mostly based around what Christians call the Old Testament, though it's more complicated than that. In addition to that text, there are related commentaries and traditions and so on.

As for Adam, there is not much to say. God created him one day, and created Eve so he would have a helper. Lilith was created in the interm if you accept that story. Christians don't, since she isn't mentioned in the actual Old Testament text in that part (I think she may exist elsewhere in the text, but just as a generic owl demon and not Adam's first wife.)
>>
>>506667
Lilith is a demon in Jewish mythology taken from a Babylonian demon. She was never mentioned as Adam's wife until the Middle Ages and that was not even in a serious theological text.
>"The work has been characterized as satirical, and it contains references to masturbation, incest and flatulence."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphabet_of_Sirach
>>
>>506837
Define sexism.
>>
>>506667
Are you asking for a theological perspective to your answer, or a secular perspective?
>>
>>506837
Nature is sexist.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.