[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to become a less hateful nicer person to people. I study
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1450773877724.jpg (20 KB, 454x433) Image search: [Google]
1450773877724.jpg
20 KB, 454x433
I want to become a less hateful nicer person to people.
I study the occult and fringe type of stuff very lightly. Read a few books on the topic. I also read the bible in my quest to be a good person and general illogical human needs that we have. Obviously the bible is bullshit but is there anything in the "occult" realm like paganism or Buddhism that will help me in just becoming a more moral person?

I am into the occult and study everyday but I kind of want a legit structure in my mind.
>>
>>506578
stop posting smug and/or frumpy chinese cartoon girl pictures on an anonymous imageboard

go outside

profit
>>
>>506578
stop reading about being a good person and be a good person.
>>
>>506578
Oh yip I was in the same boat a couple of months ago,
I was struggling with identity and then I realised that it didn't matter, I could be whoever I wanted so I decided to be someone that everyone wanted to be around.

I don't mean to be cryptic I can explain anything better, just ask :)
>>
>>506931
Images are really good for conveying emotions, I never stopped using 4chan, I just started using it differently. But yea definitely go outside and see the world it's not as scary as you think
>>
>>506578
Do you want to know how to talk to woman? Romanticize the fuck out of them, fall in love with their smell and their look and their taste, go out of your way to impress them and they will want to impress you. 4chan has a tendency to dehumanise anything that threatens them and this will mean that you will never learn off other people. Don't copy other people, learn from them.
>>
>>506578
Bible might be bullshit

But there is nothing immoral or wrong to live by it's commandments.

Do you believe it's immoral to turn the other cheek? Do you think it's immoral for the hand of mercy to grab the hand of righteousness?

If you believe so, then you will never become a more "moral" person.
>>
>>507162
It's better to follow the teachings of jesus rather than the bible, He was the one who actually did shit, the bible was written after his death
>>
File: 1446369438300.jpg (212 KB, 1058x1058) Image search: [Google]
1446369438300.jpg
212 KB, 1058x1058
Learn from jesus and follow his teachings.
get into philosophy
stop watching anime

and DON'T follow Diogenes example if you are getting into philosophy, this guy was wise but somewhat of an asshole
>>
>>507131
Getting laid is like my last worry tbqh.

>>507162
It's too submissive though and cultural christians are degenerate.
>>
get into philosophy
read about Aristotle's virtue ethics, Plato, neo-platonism and early christianity
etc.
>>
I'd suggest Stirner. No seriously. One of his core concepts was that self-interest requires successful interactions with other people. If you start reflecting your interactions through what will best get you what you want, you'll stop being as much of a dickhead. Further, most hate is driven by some sort of higher concept, some sort of loathing of something external and alien to yourself and utterly divorced from the thing you hate.
>>
>>507131
If you never want to get laid, sure
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.