[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
completely serious question here. how did men hide erections
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 1451855807455.jpg (492 KB, 963x1327) Image search: [Google]
1451855807455.jpg
492 KB, 963x1327
completely serious question here.

how did men hide erections in 18/17th century trousers/pants? or, for that matter, stockings?

>in4 no need to hide

i'd prefer if my baron/king didn't see that i fancied his baroness/queen and lob off my knob.
>>
File: IMG_0007.jpg (587 KB, 1155x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0007.jpg
587 KB, 1155x1600
they didn't
>>
>>505579

not going to lie, looks like he stuffed it
>>
>>505555
By ejaculating and thus triggering their refractory period where no erection is possible.

Good thing rape was socially acceptable back then.
>>
File: Bolivar_Arturo_Michelena.jpg (981 KB, 874x1748) Image search: [Google]
Bolivar_Arturo_Michelena.jpg
981 KB, 874x1748
>>505579
This.
>>
>>505595
Rape has never been socially acceptable.
>>
>>506183
Pretty sure men in japan for a very long time could rape women, and the woman would be ridiculed.
Acceptable enough
>>
>>506274

Japan =/= entire world

There's English medieval laws against rape. Rape was generally only socially acceptable during war, unless you have a meme definition of rape
>>
>>506282
Except for, you know, marital rape. Or is that one of those meme definitions?
>>
>>505595
>>506183
>>506282
>>506477

i think that the anon who first mentioned rape meant to say was, in a not so retarded manner, that men could have an easier getting sex out of a woman back then than today, in ways that would be considered rape by modern judicial and social definitions.

which is still a fucking stupid thing to say, since it's easier to get sex these days (without violence) than it ever was, as attitudes relationships and sex has slowly but surely liberalized.
>>
File: 1425175800777.jpg (96 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1425175800777.jpg
96 KB, 1080x1080
>>506695
>which is still a fucking stupid thing to say, since it's easier to get sex these days (without violence) than it ever was, as attitudes relationships and sex has slowly but surely liberalized.
no, it is easier to get sex without legal repercussions if you use condoms and you are nor poor nor ugly.
>>
>>506753

i'm not sure what you're trying to say, aren't you basically agreeing with me?
>>
>>506477

What? "Marital rape" is not a definition of rape, it's just a form of rape specified.

If you think that having sex with a man in an arranged marriage, which was not a marriage of love = rape, then yes: a meme definition.
>>
>>506940
Marital rape means that in the olden days, it was common for man to have his way with his wife against her will, and it was seen ok (or it wouldn't have been taken seriously, after all they were married). Which nowadays is considered full on rape.
>>
>>506969

I don't think there are any specific statistics about men taking women against their will within marriage. And besides, most peasant women and men both realized that children were essential as workforce and retirement.

Nobility is a different case of course, but they were a minority.
>>
>>507073
> I don't think there are any specific statistics about men taking women against their will within marriage.

For obvious reason it's hard to gather statistics around, doesn't mean it didn't happen or was looked down upon.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.