[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You're not related to any famous people of history, are you anon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
File: smug penguin.jpg (34 KB, 297x274) Image search: [Google]
smug penguin.jpg
34 KB, 297x274
You're not related to any famous people of history, are you anon?
>>
>>50516

Robert E. Lee is a great-great-something uncle

I have a great-great-something grandfather that sailed with the pirate, Jean Lafitte.

That's it, as far as I know.
>>
I'm related to Jesus of Nazareth.

>"For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."
>>
My grandfather won a tony award and was in a bunch of movies, if that counts for anything
>>
File: photo.png (552 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
552 KB, 900x900
>>50516
Due to the nature of genealogy, we all are.

>tfw descendant of the very first human
Get on my level
>>
>>50516
I'm related to Uncle Adolf.
>tfw ban
>>
Daniel Boone's Grandma was the sister of my direct father to father ancestor.
You know the white house church (no, not THAT white house) Tom Henry was supposedly buried under? My ancestor built that.
>>
Davy Crockett.
>>
File: daniel boone.jpg (2 MB, 4451x5502) Image search: [Google]
daniel boone.jpg
2 MB, 4451x5502
I'm related to Daniel Boone I guess. My middle name comes from the family his marries into. I should be getting a scholarship from the Sons of the Revolution when I go off to college.
>>
I'm black so I'm related to egyptian pharaohs
>>
>>50712
This meme is already stale
>>
>>50675
>>50706
holy shit
>>
@50516

80% of the world are related to Genghis khan

#the more you know
>>
John Adams and John Quincy Adams. I don't know how I feel about that.
>>
>>50706
>when I go off to college

Underage b&
>>
I'm the third cousin twice removed of Lyndon B. Johnson.

Feels really bad, man.
>>
>>50779
I'm 19. I go to community college at the moment. I meant when I go off to 'real' college.
>>
No but I have a Japanese friend whose surname is Oda. Badass Asian motherfucker. Funny thing is most people from college are so dumb they don't know who Nabunaga was so they think Carl is just another Asian.
>>
Chances are that we all are related to someone who may've had shaped History. But it is actually quite hard to see to who exactly.
>>
>Uncle hires a genealogist
>Turns out my mom's side of the family is descended from some noble Spanish line

Not sure how true this is though, I'd need more details to be sure.
>>
>>50516
Beowulf.
>>
File: waa....jpg (80 KB, 490x376) Image search: [Google]
waa....jpg
80 KB, 490x376
>>50516
OP here, the closest thing I have is that a few people in our family are named "Adams" and our family can be traced back before the American Revolution. That most likely is nothing though.
>>
File: daniel boones children.png (19 KB, 1001x241) Image search: [Google]
daniel boones children.png
19 KB, 1001x241
>>50706
>>50675
honestly surprised were not all related to his guy
>>
File: wat.png (7 KB, 463x432) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
7 KB, 463x432
>>50878
Why does everyone want the board deleted?
>>
>>50938
You have the Adamses (John and Samuel) who were Founding Fathers. Then there's John Quincy who was a US President. So chances are you may be related to either.
>>
File: 1372361378442.gif (2 MB, 350x325) Image search: [Google]
1372361378442.gif
2 MB, 350x325
>>50982
It's just moot shitposting
>>
However many great uncles was apparently a famous enough painter to be in the Smithsoneon.
>>
>>50982
Shitposters and trolls have existed for as long as 4Chan has existed. Intact the 2nd post ever made on 4Chan was a shitpost.

People think it's /pol/tards, truth is its just the flavour of the 3-5 year cycle of when people get mad at certain things.
>>
Apparently i'm distantly related to General Sheridan.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Bolivar_Buckner
Distant uncle
>>
Charlemagne
>>
I'm probably related to Genghis Khan. Probably.
>>
>>51220
Pretty much everyone of European descent is related to Charlemagne. So it truly is nothing noteworthy.
>>
>>50982
Because it's fucking /q/ 2.0
>>
I am related to the sherriff of Devon or something from the 11th century called Paginas.
>>
Related to John Curtin: Strayas PM during WWII
>>
>>50703
are you my cousin?
>>
Related to a slav revolutionary poet and noveliest.
>>
>>50909
quick, gather an army and claim the spanish throne desu.
>>
On my father's mother's side I'm related to the goldsmiths who made Mary, Queen of Scots' crown.

On my father's father's side I'm related to French noblemen, but they had their titles ripped up and were basically disowned & their history burned when they converted to Hugenotism and got deported to Acadia
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Leno
Semi-large Irish comedian.

I have a few other ancestors who were Irish Soldiers in WW 1&2 times and I am directly related to a soldier in the battle of Corcomroe Abbey, 1317
>>
Martim Moniz, and through him portions of the now non-existent House of Traba which may have been the bastard line of King Fruela I of Asturias, the descendant of King Liuvigild. I don't think I'm one of his direct descendants, though.
>>
File: mynegai.jpg (7 KB, 188x269) Image search: [Google]
mynegai.jpg
7 KB, 188x269
I'm from Wales and it turns out that my family is related to Owain Glyndŵr.

It's pretty cool m8s.
>>
>>50516
I may be related to the guy who wrote the Requerimiento that Spain used to justify the conquest of the Americas.
>>
>>50578
I too have a great-great^? grandfather that had dealing with lafitte.
>>
>>52264

Texasbro?
>>
>>50516
I'm seriously related to Cabeza de Vaca.
>>
>>52271
Mississippi
>>
>>50516
King kamehameha
>>
>>52307

Close enough
>>
File: 220px-GenLThomas.jpg (11 KB, 220x299) Image search: [Google]
220px-GenLThomas.jpg
11 KB, 220x299
Great Great Great Great Grandfather
>>
pretty sure I'm related to this guy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthias_Flacius
>>
>>52319
Eh. Guess you're right. Still rather be here than from Texas. I know dead last in everything, but I like it.
>>
>>50516
Charles Tupper
>>
>>50516
Descendant of Nathaniel Greene.
>>
File: 1433899083239.jpg (13 KB, 202x184) Image search: [Google]
1433899083239.jpg
13 KB, 202x184
Minorly relevant?

My father is the head of a prestigious medical organization. My Grandfather (paternal) led a major aviation organization through a crisis period.

Ancestor was one of the last of the Swiss mercenaries to serve france.
>>
>>50516

According to my sisters I'm related to Myles Standish on my mom's side.
I can't count the veracity of it though
>>
I might be related to Lord North but I haven't figured it out for sure yet.
>>
File: 98761796.jpg (30 KB, 384x287) Image search: [Google]
98761796.jpg
30 KB, 384x287
distant relative to Aaron Burr
>mfw best friend distant relative of alexander hamilton
i shit you not
>>
i actually have german heritage and my grandfather was hitlers right hand man and practically invented the stg44 here is a real picture of him
>>
>>50516
We are all related to Chinggis
>>
>>50516
Walrad Von Nassau-Usingen, and through him, every historically relevant member of the House of Orange.

Can trace back to Iacomus, family's first Christian.
>>
Get on my level
>>
I'm related to a famous-ish dead US Senator
>>
>>52598
Do you regularly duel?
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 350x415) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 350x415
>Not being related to a president that everyone in your cuntry hates
lolplebs
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elihu_Root

Not especially well-known, but an important political figure
>>
>>53504

Which one?
>>
Daniel Boone and Anne Hathaway, Shakespeare's wife
>>
>>50516

I've always been told by my (1st generation German) mother that I am related to Erwin Rommel, but I've never attempted to find proof.
>>
My maternal grandmother was a prostitute with at least 16 kids. For all I know I'm related to half of Lancashire.
>>
>>50516
I'm related to a man who was in The Great Escape.
>>
>>50737
this is false
>>
File: Jesse James.jpg (10 KB, 220x303) Image search: [Google]
Jesse James.jpg
10 KB, 220x303
>>50516
I'm related to Jesse James
>>
>>50516
My grandfather claims we descend from Spanish royalty, which he has never supported with any sort of evidence.
>>
>>53966
Scoop Jackson
>>
File: custard.jpg (18 KB, 250x290) Image search: [Google]
custard.jpg
18 KB, 250x290
Colonel motherfucking Custer.
It goes straight on back.

Although I'm sure there are many illegitimate relatives floating around, what with the nightly injun raping and all.

Truly the Genghis Khan of America.
>>
>>50578

I'm relatively closely related to Ulysses S. Grant.

We shall meet in Virginia to discuss the terms of your surrender.
>>
Not related, but my aunt and uncle built their house on the property once owned by the Ingalls, the family in Little House on the Prairie. The siblings are buried in the front near the road, and they said they found coffins when building the house and just built the patio on top of them.

I helped them move out this summer, and I had to crawl into their attic and basement, and I didn't even know about the spooky skelingtons until after the fact. I probably would have backed out.
>>
>>50516
Only to someone barely relevant in my national history.
>>
>>50516
Related to Robert Hooke, dude who discovered cells.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Gordon_%28VC%29

Not famous but good enough for me, what a badass.
>>
to Martin Luther

great-Grandmas sister researched a lot and found a direct connection to Martin Luther. Sad thing is, all the documents got lost with the second world war.
>>
>>52933
Didn't Goebbels' wife kill all their children?
>>
>>50516
I'm a gret-great-great...-grandson of James Boswell, the man famous for writing "the Life of Samuel Johnson"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Boswell
>>
I think basically everyone is, given how if you go back a few generations everyone has a bazillion ancestors. Apparently those DNA testing services will give you a list of real or assumed famous ancestors.
>>
Descendant of Brian Boru here, supposedly. I don't know/remember much about it unfortunately but a few years back a heritage centre invited my family out to their museum and went through all sorts of genealogy that led back to him.

I was very young at the time with hardly any interest in history so I didn't think much of it, but there are letters around the house somewhere.

For those who don't know, he was the High King of Ireland who died while fighting the Vikings at Clontarf in 1014. They were defeated though, thus ending their power in Ireland. Had he lived on our history may have went down a very different route as he was as close to a true and legitimate High King we had seen.

I might contact the centre and learn more about it desu.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Boru
>>
File: JMcHenry.jpg (117 KB, 873x1160) Image search: [Google]
JMcHenry.jpg
117 KB, 873x1160
>>50516
Direct descendant of James McHenry.
>>
I have viking ancestors. Also my great grandfather was a Norwegian immigrant and his name was Halfton. He came to america when he was 15 because his brother died in a mine cave in. The sad thing is that no one bothered to even try to help anyone that was trapped. He only ever told a few people. His own sons didnt know about it, he however did tell my dad. Halfton came over in 1910 or 12 and he had to stop in England or some shit and he had never seen a potato before, so he bought one and took a bite out of it raw. I've been told that he never did like potatoes. He had twin boys in 1921. That was my grandfather and my great uncle. 20 years later my grandfather & his brother enlisted to fight in WWII. My grandfather joined the navy as a recon pilot and had a few close calls. When the war was over he had brought back a souvenir. A Japanese bayonet. He then met my grandmother and had 4 kids, 3 boys and a girl. At about this time, my great grandfather had made a massive mistake. He sold about 20 Acres in Edina (at that time one of the richest communities in MN) for $42 per acre. It is now worth around $500,000 per acre. When my dad was in his 40's he married my mother and a year later had me. They had 2 more kids within 3 years afterwards, 1 boy and 1 girl. The boy was born with downs syndrome and other issues and was expected to live no more than 3 days. He thrived and is still living today. When I was 5 they got divorced. And 13 years later they do not speak much. My grandfather is now 93 and still going strong. And my great grandfather has passed on.
>>
i'm related to lazaro cardenas, although i really don't know how big his historical impact was
>>
Only notable person is some norman warrior in william the conquer's army
>>
File: Bleriot_and_aeroplane.jpg (83 KB, 593x399) Image search: [Google]
Bleriot_and_aeroplane.jpg
83 KB, 593x399
>>50516
My great-grandfather was an English soldier who guarded Louis Bleriot's plane after it crashed in England.
Yeah, that's as close as my family gets to fame.
>>
File: Ethelred_the_Unready.jpg (2 MB, 1337x2258) Image search: [Google]
Ethelred_the_Unready.jpg
2 MB, 1337x2258
This mother fucker, also Louise the Fat.
>>
Member of a branch family of the dynasty that ruled Sindh for like 70 years before the Brits BTFO'd all of Hindustan

Still have relatives that own pretty big swathes of land,that's something I guess
>>
I'm related to zeno of citum
>>
>tfw directly related to Leopold II
>tfw black
>>
isn't everyone technically related to someone else?
>>
>>59278
*to everyone else
>>
>>59278

Oh fuck off with that
>>
>>50516
I have descendants from one of the original pilgrims aboard the Mayflower. This might be common though, not sure.
>>
Genghis Khan
>>
File: John Sevier.jpg (38 KB, 365x488) Image search: [Google]
John Sevier.jpg
38 KB, 365x488
>>50516
Supposedly this guy. There's no real documentation though. I just have the exact same name and the word of my grandfather to go on.
>>
My uncle was the voice of Buster on Arthur.
Get on my level.
>>
Damn, you guys are lucky.

My great-great-great-great grandfather (dating back to the 1700-1800s) used to be a freedom fighter - he fought and killed ottomans, stole their gold and he fucked a lot of bitches

Not famous, not much impact on history, but still, that's how I came to be.
>>
>>50824
Oda isn't that uncommon of a surname in japan.
>>
If you're white, it is a statistical certainty that you are a descendant of Charlemagne.
>>
Great-grandma was from Peru, and apparently a member of a very influential family there. I don't know the names, but my uncle has some letters and postcards with proof at his house in Ohio. They disowned her after she ran away with her lover to America.
>>
It's hard to trace any family tree pre-1800s in my country.

FUCK.
>>
John F Kennedy is was the grandson of one of my great grandparent's cousin's 2nd cousin.
>>
my uncle has a wikipedia page.
>>
I'm related to General Anthony Wayne. Who was responsible for killing a bunch of injuns at the Battle of Fallen Timbers
>>
>>50516
Anne Boleyn on my great grandmothers side.
>>
>>50516
I'm probably related to Genghis khan

t. Quarter chink
>>
File: Francoislollonais.jpg (2 MB, 1965x2586) Image search: [Google]
Francoislollonais.jpg
2 MB, 1965x2586
On my mother's side.
>>
>>50516
im related on my mothers side to the officer in charge of the Collins Barracks after the 1916 rising got the position through work with the IRA
>>
>>50516
I share a Anglo'd surname with an important founder of Zionism. :^)
>>
File: 1441325362329.jpg (107 KB, 500x447) Image search: [Google]
1441325362329.jpg
107 KB, 500x447
No one as far as I know. I'm just a typical mutt and proud of it.
>>
My great-grandfather was a terrorist who derailed a Czechoslovak train once. He also was a part of unit that protected the national treasury during evacuation of Poland in 1939
>>
my grandfather on my mothers side, was adopted by descendants of one of Charles the second of England bastards. the same grandfather also won the BEM for work he did out in Hong Kong and Singapore with the RAF in the 1960s 70s
>>
>>50516
Genghis Khan
>>
Related to Patton, mother's father's side.
>he was considered the black sheep of the family
>>
>>50516
Not that I know of. Irish and Silesian peasantry here.
>>
File: 1fb.png (273 KB, 600x583) Image search: [Google]
1fb.png
273 KB, 600x583
>>50616
>yfw the first human was black
>>
>>51295
It wasn't until Hiro's Q&A.
It shouldn't be deleted, it should be moderated.
>>
>>50675
>>50706
Huh, Daniel Boone as well
He's like a 17th-great uncle or some shit
Also, Dr. David Duke is a 3rd cousin, but that probably doesn't really count here. I just never get to say it
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franciscus_Donders

My great-great-great-great-grandfather. Also my grandfather co-designed the Persian oil drilling facilities on Kharg island, which is a playable map in Battlefield 3. For his achievements, he received a brown bear cub as a present, which he donated to the Artis zoo in Amsterdam.
>>
>>50516
My dad is Dave Hitler
>>
>tfw irish
>>
File: 144565259249.png (305 KB, 702x828) Image search: [Google]
144565259249.png
305 KB, 702x828
>>50982
because shitposter is gonna shitpost.
>>
I have close relation to Ferdinand I, even have a coat of arms passed down for many generations that is consistent with the test. Do I have a claim to the Archdukeship of Austria and the Holy Roman Empire lads?
>>
I'm a descendant of the person who created the first subway in england. My friend is also related to joseph stalin.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 1280x1024
No. I have no records of my ancestors I know nothing about them expect they were Spanish settlers.

How the hell do you guys find out all this interesting shit about your family history?
>>
>>69111
They're probably not related to whoever they think they are. Due to paternity fraud, chances of being genetically related to someone many generations ago are very low.

http://canadiancrc.com/newspaper_articles/Globe_and_Mail_Moms_Little_secret_14DEC02.aspx

>But false paternity causes obvious problems for anyone who values a clear pedigree and makes it a statistical impossibility to trace the true identity of our ancestors back more than a few generations.

>Robert Moyzis, a molecular geneticist at the University of California at Irvine, recently had to break this news to a friend who had spent considerable energy and resources compiling a family history that stretched back 1,000 years. "I had to plug the numbers into a computer model and prove it to him. The chances that he was related to the ancestor he thought were zero."
>>
>>50516
nah, my parents were the first generation to not be the typical farmer peasants

can't really give a shit though desu
>>
File: 1442006477951.gif (3 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1442006477951.gif
3 MB, 500x500
>>59231
Are you for real?
>>
No not really

My paternal great grandfather was the tenant farmer for FDR and Eleanor Roosevelt, so my grandpa grew up eating breakfast at "the big house" on Sundays with them.

My paternal grandmother is related to Aubrey Beardsley, who painted some cool stuff including a fat lady fart-attack that I ran into in a high-school art class. His work was shown to me again in college Drawing 101. So I guess he's famous.

Also, Jews.
>>
My ancestors were greeks and normans. My direct one to the US was a merchant that got exiled from france for dealing in black market salt, and ended up being exiled before he buddied up with the crown in Spain and ended up leading expeditions to the south. Dude bought an island, fucked a billion indian women, and he's got three towns named after him, and an island. One of his sons ended up being the first mutineer in coastal US waters, and one of the only people to be tortured on the breaking wheel. He's buried in the middle of a square in new orleans.
>>
>>50668
For real?
>>
>>50737
Bullshit, it was less than that
>>
No one super famous desu

Probably a descendant of some lord or king's bastards though
>>
File: Jan_Henryk_Dabrowski_2.jpg (188 KB, 570x707) Image search: [Google]
Jan_Henryk_Dabrowski_2.jpg
188 KB, 570x707
Surname's in the national anthem of Poland, so here's to hoping I guess
>>
Directly descended from Alexander Pope
Even share the same last name
>>
File: William Clark.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
William Clark.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>>50516
Direct descendant of William Clark and Rene Auguste Chouteau.
>>
>>59336
Chink detected.
>>
Apparently I'm related to John Evelyn on my paternal side.

My great grandfather was also a Brigadier General during WWI.
>>
File: 1413122984172.jpg (78 KB, 551x730) Image search: [Google]
1413122984172.jpg
78 KB, 551x730
Very closely related to col. Kazimierz Mastalerz aka the guy responsible for the polish cavalry attack at Krojanty which after the initial charge at the resting german troops which afterwards got rekt by the arriving from nearby Armour vehicles, this was later used by the germans to give rise to the poles charging at tanks on horseback propaganda.
So yeah, even my ancestors were making up future memes.
>>
I'm directly descended from Attila the Hun. I look like a mongol too. ;_;
>>
I'm related, and share the name of one of the survivors of La Méduse
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_frigate_M%C3%A9duse_%281810%29
>>
File: hedabes.jpg (95 KB, 334x250) Image search: [Google]
hedabes.jpg
95 KB, 334x250
>>
File: Beardsley-peacockskirt.png (268 KB, 620x848) Image search: [Google]
Beardsley-peacockskirt.png
268 KB, 620x848
>>70099
Beardsley is the motherfucking shit, just ask /ic/.

It's in your blood and genes. Draw.
>>
File: 1372990985625.jpg (732 KB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
1372990985625.jpg
732 KB, 1162x850
I'm a direct descendant of King Robert the Bruce and King Robert II. Also related to William Wallace, Meriwether Lewis, and Princess Diana.
>>
>>50516
Grandfather was a mobster but everyone else is just some regular schmuck.
>>
>>50712
>I'm Roman so I'm related to Egyptian pharohs.
>>
>>50712
>I'm black, so Thomas Jefferson.
>>
>>71424
>King Robert the Bruce
>Robert the Bruce

What?
>>
File: willya.jpg (41 KB, 520x348) Image search: [Google]
willya.jpg
41 KB, 520x348
>>59847

That means we're distantly related too.
>>
>>71546
"...was King of Scots from 1306..."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_the_Bruce
>>
I'm related to Jack Phillips (radio operator on the Titanic when it sunk) as well as Tom Quick the Indian Slayer on my mom's side, and about a thousand or so years of Spanish Knights on the other. So no one world changingly important
>>
My great uncle is the guy who made Pringles smooth.
>>
My great-uncle was Prime Minister.
>>
>>50516
the first of my family to live in America married Miles Standish's granddaughter
>>
>>50516
I'm supposedly descended from Davy Crockett and Commodore Barry (not Perry!)
>>
Direct patrilineal descendant of minor nobility in Somerset. There's even still a small town named after my family seat, but the castle is long since gone.

After the Norman Invasion, my ancestors, who were Frankish barons in the southernmost reaches of Normandy, were given the right to found a castle there. During the next centuries, we expanded our holdings through Somerset, and eventually all of them were stripped when we supported the losers of the Wars of the Roses. Luckily, based Henry VIII gave us back all of our titles. Finally, they were again stripped during the English Civil War by Cromscum (ancestors were cavaliers), and never returned. Despite this change in fortunes, my family continued to produce members of Parliament until the late Victorian era.

Through my male ancestors, I am descended from the last holder of the titles, and still bear the name.
>>
>>50516
>implying I am not a direct descendant of Ghenghis Khan

I even look eurasian and I always had an innate fascination with horse archery
>>
>>50675
>>50943
>>65867

Hey! I'm also part Boone.
>>
>>59231
Really!?
>>
>>71968
>>65867
>>50706
>>50675

Is being a descendant of Daniel Boone some American meme?
>>
>>50516
I'm related to Henry Joy McCracken, one of the leaders of the United Irishmen rebellion and Thomas Andrews (I can trace that one), the guy who designed the Titanic.
>>
File: crater.jpg (54 KB, 590x393) Image search: [Google]
crater.jpg
54 KB, 590x393
>>72054

Yeah, it's like having a Cherokee princess as an ancestor and having great uncles who died in some imperialist venture... oh, sorry, I meant FREEDUM campaign.
>>
>>72066
ugh now that I think about it both of them are absolute failures who died because stuff they started
>>
>>50516
Wernher von Braun. My mother's side, according to everyone on it, and I've yet to verify it. Hope it turns out to be true.
>>
I am a direct paternal descendant of William the Conqueror's father.
>>
>>50516
Paternal descent from Brabant dukes, paternal/maternal line to John Lackland.
>>
>>50516
I know this seems really vague but stay with me.

My family is on the daughter side of the Penderels. If you don't know who they are, they lived in Boscobel House during the civil war of 1649 and were the family to offer Charles I a hiding place in their oak tree. Nowadays if you travel to England one of the most popular pub names is the Royal Oak; this is named effectively in honour of my ancestor.

Another cool thing, Charles II in gratitude promised descendants of the Penderels "a bag of 100 gold pieces a year" I'm not sure how much this is but we'd be getting it if it weren't for the fact that we're from the daughter's side and received jack shit, and the son's side died out. The daughter's side did end up with most of the wealth of Boscobal House but it turns out my greatx11 grandfather gambled the entire estate away in the 1740s. Estimated £11million in todays money.

Sorry for the text wall but it means more than "Charles I" and it's quite special for me because I'm a massive history nerd and interested in my family history.
>>
>>72409
>a great-grandfather gambled away the estate
Eurgh, I know that feel. What's more disappointing is that the manor was demolished so I can't even visit my ancestral home.
>>
>>72597
Heh, Boscobel House was turned into a museum. The best part is the Royal Oak itself got hit by lightning and died in the 20th century so they had to replant a seed of it, when I last went it was about 4 meters high.
>>
>>50516
Probably Ghengis Khan.
>>
Not really related but I have this story from my great-uncle.

He told me that when he was 6 during the late 1930s he had this uncle who was a high ranking fascist official.
He said that once he was invited to spend some time with him and got to meet Mussolini himself during one of his trips in Sicily.
He even remarked that the dictator was kind enough to buy him an ice cream.

Unfortunately I never got the full details of the story; the old fucker is still alive through, so I still have a chance to ask him.
>>
>>72910
Mussolini's still alive?
>>
My dad started doing some family history stuff once he retired, this is what he's found so far.

Samuel Fuller
My family tree dips briefly into the Brown Family (founded Brown University with their slave money)
Some obscure branch of Palatinate Royalty (I forget their name, but my ancestors migrated to America because they were so far out of the line of inheritance there wasn't any point in staying. Once here, they founded a town and a fort.)
One of my ancestors survived Braddock's bullshit, and served under Washington for the rest of the war. He signed back up under Washington when the War of Independance started up. There's no records of his action after he signed up, so we assume he was a spy or something. His story picks back up the second the war ended, and he lived to be over 100.
>>
Grandpa said he was descended from Daniel Boone and my grandmother is somehow related to Maureen O'Hara
>>
>>72952
mussolini got hanged by partisans in 45 i think
>>
File: 1435883530618.jpg (31 KB, 639x424) Image search: [Google]
1435883530618.jpg
31 KB, 639x424
>>50516
Pretty much everyone is.

I directly descend from Captain John Cook's brother, and from people who came to america on the mayflower on both sides of my family
[spoiler]it was the same guy[/spoiler]
>>
>>50516
I'm related to Sheikh Mahmud Barzinji, "The King of Kurdistan" in the 20s.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmud_Barzanji

He lost because he was too tribal, had too many intra-kurdish feuds and didn't trust the English promises and started revolts against them.
>>
Yeah, my grandfather's uncle or something like that was a Brazilian president.
>>
Francis Drake is my Uncle by however many generations
>>
I'm related to Harald Fairhair the first king of Norway, and 4 other kings of Norway.
>>
>not being able to trace your roots to Charlemagne
>>
>>74767
Me too through the norwegian kings of Man
>>
>>59098
But then that also makes you related to alfred the great, which is way better. Why post ethelred the unready?
>>
>>50516
Not particularly famous but my grandfather's uncle was the personal physician to a certain Latin American dictator.
>>
https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jo%C3%A3o_da_Mata_Machado

Great-grandfather.
>>
>>50516
I'm a distant descendant of Robert the Bruce of Scotland. Still salty about how he was portrayed in Braveheart.
>>
Descended from both Charles V and his brother through separate sides of my family.
>>
>>76233
You're American right?
>>
>>50943
>Non jewish people name their kids Israel

Was this common back then?
>>
>>76136
Oops, great-great-grandfather.
>>
>>76324
Israel was another name for Jacob in the Bible, so it can be a christian thing to call your son.
>>
>>76324
Israel Putnam ring a bell?
>>
>>55838
You have shit genes. You have inherent weakness.
>>
Deng Xiaoping is my cousin a million times removed.
>>
Napoleon Bonaparte.
>>
>>50606
Name?
>>
Almost directly from my father's mother's side of the family. He was an in-law only because my ancestor married his last wife's sister.
>>
>>76317
Yeah, what of it? Does being part of the Diaspora lessen my genetic heritage in any way?
>>
>>50516
Irish composer Turlough O'Carolan
>>
>>74629
How are you related? My mother is very into family history and genealogy and always told me we were descendants of his.
>>
Direct descendant of George Washington's sister, our family actually owns a set of silverware of theirs.
>>
Every European has a common ancestor starting around the year 1600.
>>
Direct descendant from Henry VIII's father, if the research is correct, would be cool though
>>
>>77438
Henry VIII's father is Henry VII you American pigdog.
>>
>>77469
I am aware of that, you short-tempered molerat. I just mentioned him because a lot of people know who he is
>>
Son of the American revolution is my closest claim to fame
greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgrandpappy mercilessly slaughtered britbottles
>>
>>77610
If you're going to only choose meme kings then don't be surprised when you're called out, you scalebusting disappointment.
>>
File: the king.jpg (89 KB, 817x761) Image search: [Google]
the king.jpg
89 KB, 817x761
My ancestors made shingles, because my last name literally means shingle maker in polsih.
>>
>>77658
You just want to argue dont you? You factmongling anti-poster
>>
LBJ the fucking kek
>>
I'm directly descended from this fella: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Baqir_Majlisi
>>
File: Andrew_Jackson.jpg (345 KB, 610x739) Image search: [Google]
Andrew_Jackson.jpg
345 KB, 610x739
Direct descendant of Andrew fuckin' Jackson.
>>
>>77763
You assholes, that is a terrible disease
>>
>>50516
I'm somewhat related to the explorer Gaspar de Lemos, just do know at what degree.
>>
>>74323
He was tried and hanged by the new Italian government during the war, yes
>>
>>79087
Highly underrated post
>>
>>79948
don't*
>>
>>50516
Very distant relative of Joachim Von Ribbentrop. Not 100% sure though. My cousin probably dug it up on one of those sketchy geneaology sites.
>>
File: 1446517764967.jpg (194 KB, 366x1079) Image search: [Google]
1446517764967.jpg
194 KB, 366x1079
>>50516
im the descent of a great family in the aztec empire i dont know the name of it but its on my mothers side
>>
>>77025
>muh huritage
>>
>>79986
no senpai, it was partisans in 1945. they captured him and executed him, there wasnt much in the way of trials
>>
File: clyde.jpg (30 KB, 274x400) Image search: [Google]
clyde.jpg
30 KB, 274x400
I'm loosely related to this gentleman right here.
>>
Eleanor of Aquitaine. Not bad mang https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eleanor_of_Aquitaine
>>
File: quanah_parker.png (1 MB, 1079x1088) Image search: [Google]
quanah_parker.png
1 MB, 1079x1088
Quanah Parker. It's not uncommon among native Texans. He was a polygamist after all.
>>
>>50578
>>55989
I'm related to General Lewis Armistead :))
>>
File: 1437353504536.png (90 KB, 284x339) Image search: [Google]
1437353504536.png
90 KB, 284x339
I don't even know my ethnicity.
>>
George W Bush is my 4th cousin, once removed.
>>
File: Admiral_George_Dewey.jpg (45 KB, 363x480) Image search: [Google]
Admiral_George_Dewey.jpg
45 KB, 363x480
high tier genetic stock, 2bh
>>
>>81333
I'm sorry
>>
>>52307
I'm also from MS. Tupelo-bro here.
>>
I have no idea, I live in the new world. I could very well be linked to hitler for all I know.

Probably not tho
>>
I am
Mary Todd Lincoln (ashamed of it desu)
Ethan Allen
>>
I'm vietnamese and my last name is Truong,which is the Vietnamese version of the Chinese surname Zhang. One of my descendents could've been a Chinese who mixed with Vietnamese, somebody before that could have been fucked by Genghis Khan so pretty much I would like to say I have the Khan's blood and am one of his descendent.

My eyes are also really small compared to average Vietnamese eyes so it can also be Mongol/Chinese genes.
>>
It's recorded somewhere, but I'm either a direct descendant or nth-removed from General Ambrose Burnside, the man who could snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

It's enough to where my brother, father, grandfather, great-grandfather and probably further up the line has Burnside as their middle name. Don't know where the line splits to my family name but everyone mentioned could pull off some awesome facial hair.
>>
>>81309
how?
>>
>>50516
Clan history dates back to the fourteenth century, and then some if your willing to trust some of the more concerning documents. My ancestors weren't famous but they killed a lot of people before getting kicked out of Scotland. And if we look at clan history the same thing happened when they got kicked out of Ireland.
>>
I can trace my ancestry to Thomas Graves, postman to George Washington.
I'm also directly descended from William the Conqueror.
>>
>>81721
Because my grandmother was adopted and she doesn't know from where his parents are, my grandfather only knows his mother was from Spain
and I don't know my dad so I don't have any clue about my ancestors from my parent side,other than his name and that he had light brown hair and green eyes,which doesn't help since everyone here has Spanish surnames since I live in SA.
>>
Daniel Boone according to family myth
>>
>>76952
I apparently have some kind of relation to the Tudors too. Don't know how close though.
>>
How do you guys find this out?
If my family has kept no records, what resources can I use to backtrace?
>>
>>82081
Welcome aboard the Boone wagon.
>>
File: robert-morris.jpg (16 KB, 218x265) Image search: [Google]
robert-morris.jpg
16 KB, 218x265
direct descendant of Robert Morris here
>>
>Related to Nat Turner
>WE WAZ KINGS
>>
Michael Collins

bunch of jelly celts desu
>>
Direct descendant of both Adam and Eve right here
>>
>>50516
im like the 22nd cousin of Edward III of England

super distant but still kinda cool
>>
I am, by direct descent. The History Channel declared him of one "The Ten Most Influential Americans".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_John_Underhill
>>
File: freeedum.jpg (58 KB, 736x556) Image search: [Google]
freeedum.jpg
58 KB, 736x556
>>50516
Famous, no. Apparently my grandmother on my fathers side had a relative that owned the Bald Eagle that was originally used as the model for our currency or something like that. He rode around with civil war generals with his eagle of freedom to promote nationalism or some shit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.