[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I heard that germans never won a war. Realistically, how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1433969020561.jpg (180 KB, 500x745) Image search: [Google]
1433969020561.jpg
180 KB, 500x745
So I heard that germans never won a war.

Realistically, how many wars did germans win anyway?
>>
>what is the Franco-Prussian War
>>
is this some autismal as fuck 'hurrr prussia isn't germany' thread?
>>
>>504481
"Prussia" had Old Prussians speaking prussian.

So, yes, we can call it a "Prussia isn't Germany" since it had other nationalities besides filthy krauts.
>>
>>504460
Boxer rebellion.
>>
>>504555
"Soviet Union had Tatars, therefore it wasn't Russian"
>>
>>504460
Germany participated in the international response to the Boxer Rebellions. I think they fought some campaigns against rebellions or natives in their colonial possessions. The nation of Germany never won a war against a European power, unless you count Russia suing for peace at Brest-Litovsk winning against them in the First World War. I wouldn't, both since Russia rejoined that war, and since Germany didn't suddenly become at peace because of that treaty.
>>
The German Empire was founded during the Franco-Prussian war, not afterwards, ergo the German Empire won the war.
>>
>>504717

Too bad the Soviet Union didnt derive its name and identity from another people you fuck tard.
>>
>>504555
>"Prussia" had Old Prussians speaking prussian.
Prussia was a Germanic state formed on conquered Prussian lands.
>>
>>504460
The Franco-Prussian war.
Boxer Rebellion.
Some colonial rebellions in Africa.
Eastern Front in WWI.
>>
>>505309
Neither did Prussia "you fuck tard"

The Duchy of Prussia had jack shit to do with the original Prussian people. As for the identity, I think you're pulling stuff out of your ass if you're saying the culture of the state of Prussia was Baltic in any way.
>>
>>504460
Germans have won many wars. The nation state of Germany hasn't, but that's irrelevant because that's just like saying the French has barely won any wars because the current French government is technically not the same as the monarchy or first/second republic, thus the victories cannot be attributed to them.
>>
>>505708

>Franco-Prussian War

War by the North German union, not the actual nation state of Germany

>Boxer Rebellion

A rebellion every other European power, America and Japan helped suppress

>Some colonial rebellions in Africa

Ooh most impressive

>Easter Front in WW1

If by win you mean fight to a standstill until they sent Lenin in to fuck the Russians shit up, then yes.

So basically what we can conclude from this, is that the modern nation of Germany has never won a war against an opponent of equal strength.
>>
>>506298
>the modern nation of Germany has never won a war against an opponent of equal strength.
They never lost a war against an opponent of equal strength either
>>
>>505857
>>506470
Butthurt fagerman losers
>>
Related https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY
>>
>>507180
they won your attention
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.