[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Poland and history of Poland
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Poland.jpg (101 KB, 570x427) Image search: [Google]
Poland.jpg
101 KB, 570x427
What do you know about this country?
>>
Only that they occupy rightful german lands.
>>
Really just flat land that gets in the way of its' superiors
>>
>>502518
Breakaway German province.
>>
>>502533
neither, Kevin
>>
>>502518
>What do you know about this country?
Successfully resisted the >H>R>E, gave up its northern territories to the Teutonics, which were then part of Hansa for some time. Is a bit of a dynastic mongrel apart from the Piasts, had its golden age with Lithuania in the late Renaissance, and has been the chew toy of its neighbours from the mid 18th century onwards.

Its reputation in WW2 is a propagandistic meme, France deserves a better reputation than Poland, but instead they get the retreat meme.

Apart from that era of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and the Great Northern War, it seems relatively unimportant.
>>
>>502518
Hybrid judeo-germano-slavic nation hated by Russians, Jews, Germans, so-called Ukrainians and Samogitians. Smashed to the ground multiple times throughout history and luckily restored after World War I.
>>
>>502551
"Smashed to the ground multiple times throughout history"
Yes, but Poland win many wars and in 16th was biggest in Europe
>>
>>502551
>Smashed to the ground multiple times throughout history
Has happened to literally every country/region in Europe, to be fair.

It's just the most modern smashings to Poland were fairly pathetic, in just picking it apart like it was anybody's territory.
>>
>>502541
So what you are saying is apart from the ww2 nazi germany seems relatively unimportant
>>
>>502595
This guy >>502551 is obviously Polish. Every country got destroyed, beaten and humiliated throughout history, only Poles turned into a permanent victim complex and eternal whining. They actually call themselves "the Christ of Europe", because they supposedly suffered as much as Christ or some audacious shit like that.
>>
>>503038
Yes, I do am Polish, the prometeist role of Poland arose in poetry in time around Spring of Nations, so it shouldn't be a reason to dislike us, am I right?
>>
File: 1412745690939.jpg (9 KB, 324x278) Image search: [Google]
1412745690939.jpg
9 KB, 324x278
>ww2
>russians shitting on germany in the eastern front
>poland has been getting raped this whole time
>polish people think the ruskies are gonna come liberate them
>stage a revolt, barely long enough to hang on until russians get there
>russians literally say "nope" and go AROUND poland to get to austria
>polish people get massacred
>mfw poland
>>
>>504339
In Poland there is a myth that Stalin intentionally wanted Operation Tempest to fade and enter Poland as a salvator not a guest
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.