[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cities/towns that have fucked over more than a few times >Picture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: build01.jpg (70 KB, 600x406) Image search: [Google]
build01.jpg
70 KB, 600x406
Cities/towns that have fucked over more than a few times
>Picture is of Smolensk
>>
>>501992
that have been*

(OP edit)
>>
>>501992
Königsberg
Berlin
Dresden
London
>>
>>501992
Anything in Poland.
As a friend of mine was put it; "Poland always gets invaded because it is flat and in the way."
>>
>>501992
*Smalensk
>>
File: belgrade.jpg (2 MB, 3072x2048) Image search: [Google]
belgrade.jpg
2 MB, 3072x2048
belgrade
>>
>>501992
Istanbul/Constantinople
>>
>>502166
I don't get it, sorry. I'm pretty sure it's called Smolensk only?
>>
>>502312
Yaay let's go crusades!
>>
File: croatia_dalmacija_zadar_0001.jpg (122 KB, 900x599) Image search: [Google]
croatia_dalmacija_zadar_0001.jpg
122 KB, 900x599
Zadar, Croatia. My hometown.
Greek colony. Roman town. Byzantine town.
Croatian town. Hungarian town. Venetian town.
Napoleonic town. Italian town. Croatian town again.

Crusaders sacked it, ottomans invaded it, WW2 allies bombed it, yugoslavian army bombed it.

It was rebuilt every 100-200 years. And now I'm leaving it.
>>
All of the Holy Land
>>
File: milan-2000.jpg (3 MB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
milan-2000.jpg
3 MB, 2000x1333
>>501992
>>
File: Xian City Wall.jpg (84 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
Xian City Wall.jpg
84 KB, 800x533
>>501992
In East Asia.
>Chang'an
Today Xian. Pretty much THE Capital of China during the first 1000 years of the Chinese Empire on account of it being the Imperial Seat of the First Emperor. Almost each and every replacing dynasty burned it to the ground and rebuilt it. Stopped its sacking streak when the Song Dynasty established their capital in Kaifeng.
>Chengdu
Often the capital of Southern Chinese Rebels. When Chinese dynasties reunify the land it always gets sacked.
>Kyoto
Capital of Japan. Seat of the Emperor. Burnt numerous times by warring feudal lords. Most famous incident being the Onin War. As the Emperor and Shogun sits in Kyoto (which had 0 fortifications), battles outside the city spilled into the city and burns it to the ground.
>>
>>501992
Bagdad
>>
>>502312
Now it's Istanbul\Constantinople
>>
>>502002
Well Poland's women might be in the way, but they ain't flat
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.