[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some things that you do to learn faster? I explain things
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1450509535882.jpg (36 KB, 371x396) Image search: [Google]
1450509535882.jpg
36 KB, 371x396
What are some things that you do to learn faster?
I explain things real simply in my head so I can build up to an understanding rather than getting bogged down in things i can't understand. I also watch youtube videos at 1.5 speed and play powerful background music if it's too boring, so i can get hyped to learn it.
>>
You're too fast mate, just relax.

Get some green tea, a smoke and just absorb it all, let it sink in. Take time man, you have a whole lifetime ahead of yourself
>>
>>501802
Youtube?
Just buy da textbook, make flashcards, and find a kid with adhd meds on campus like the rest of us.

Also try timing all of your study sessions and never play music.

No worries Anon.
>>
>>503113
Na its fun and it works,
your mind is limitless, you can learn anything so i'm learning how to learn really fast
If i've got my whole life ahead of me imagine what I could do if I could learn complex ideas in months instead of years.
It's creative learning, rather than analytical
>>
>>503207
Youtube has an immature reputation but it's how you use it, I would never have even attempted to understand the Banach-Tarski paradox if it wasn't for this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s86-Z-CbaHA
>>
I do a 5 to 10 day learning process for most things.
First day, I cram as much as I can.
Second day, I rest, party, do depressant drugs.
Third through 5 or 7th (depending on the subject matter) I just go through it slowly, not cramming.
Then the last few days I think about it all as I would teach it. I used to us a tulpa for this step, but got tired of that.

Anyways, Cram, rest, then go slowly through the material.
>>
>>505090
I definitely use drugs as a tool, I started telling people that weed makes me really on to it and get "in the zone" and eventually it worked, but not all the time, i still gotta learn how to control it better.
>>
>>505113
I just realize that if Im ever to cope with the misery in the world, I have to get trashed once every week or two.
Ive yet to try using amphetamines, but I have seen the value in various psychedellics, since they make you form so many connections between seemingly unrelated things.

Try doing a moderate dose of mdma and studying, its suprisingly fun.
>>
>>505127
Yea I love acid, I wonder if what I do with weed is just applied placebo effect, but i know that and it still works. Mdma and studying actually sounds pretty dope haha
>>
>>505137
Acid I cant see, too much bodily stimulation, I tried psylocybe once, and it didnt work so well.

I used to just take low doses of things, and do trivia, recording all the results, and seeing what was most effective. Funt hings to do with your mind.

I find though, doing manual work and thinking about the things youve learned is really effective for actually coming up with your own ideas.
Think good will hunting.
>>
>>505155
I was real into mediation for a while and i could do some pretty cool mind tricks, like when I was cold I really worked myself up into a state of anger and I got really hot, then instead of being an angry cunt, I didn't think of it as anger I thought of it as power so i could control it a bit better.
>>
>>505185
Oh, I just realized basically who you are as an individual.

Anyways, Im off to bed. Godspeed, anon.

Enjoy playing with mind and body, its what all the great philopsophers did.
>>
>>505212
There are no individuals on 4chan :)
>>
it helps me to talk about it, especially as a philosophy major. whether it is class discussion, talking with others in my class at the pub afterwards, with my dad who is doing his masters in philosophy, or most importantly trying to explain concepts to my friends and family who dont have any background on the subject. talking about the content forces me to organize my thoughts on it and thus grasp it better
>>
>>506126
As a fellow philosophy major I couldn't agree more. Discussing and attempting to explain what you're learning helps immensely.
>>
>>503701
maybe you're just a visual learner
>>
>>506126
I think learning off people who really want to help in general is a great thing
>>
>>506161
I was on to some real shit about Aristotle or Plato (don't remember which, it was years ago and I'm not a subject matter expert) and the definition of justice but than my teacher had family troubles and had to quit. 8 weeks of discussing the one topic and I've never felt like I used more thinking in my life
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.