[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm reading Spengler. What does it mean when he says "
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 500x498
I'm reading Spengler. What does it mean when he says " The Anglo is a Viking mentally, but the German is a Crusading knight"?
>>
Spengler was a reductionist retard who thought he can explain all of history by a handful of memes.
>>
>>501700
History literally is memes.
>>
>>501694
The anglo is a sea faring cunt, so he just colonizes and pillages whatever he can. The person of Heartland is fatalistic, just like the story of Ragnarock, where all the norse gods died. He would destroy his enemy to the final piece if he could, but he can't.
>>
Crusades=fail
germany=crusades
germany=fail

Seems right to me
>>
>>501694

the anglo discovers and colonizes far off lands, spreading joy and civilization to billions. The germans gets keked by turks in a shitty desert
>>
File: 1396058372356.jpg (10 KB, 276x356) Image search: [Google]
1396058372356.jpg
10 KB, 276x356
>>502024
didn't fail to upset you apparently
>>
Is there any point of reading outdated historians with agendas like this guy?
Seems recent scholarship is worth more.
>>
>>502082
It's really good prose and helps you get out of Whig history.
>>
>>502075

dude le epic buttburt meme
>>
>>502322
Way to prove his point.
>>
>>502082
Yeah, Just go read some marxist history instead of this bigot outdated shit, right?
>>
File: nazi_boom_gif.gif (969 KB, 330x313) Image search: [Google]
nazi_boom_gif.gif
969 KB, 330x313
>>502075
>>502388
Looks like my post succesfully made you butthurt
>>
>>502478
>makes the most butthurt post of the entire thread
Okay lad.
You've already posted that .gif in several threads too, so if crusades = fail, then your crusade against germany is just double that.
>>
>>501694
>reading the works of racist neo nazis
It's 2016. Read Zinn or Diamond.
>>
Wow. I can see (I guess) where he was going but the concept of meme history gained a whole new meaning with this
>>
>>502082
Tell me about all those modern metaphysical historians anon.
>>
>>502486
>he doesn't know about the banter with Hitler, that almost out Oswald in prison
>>
>>501694
Anglo is actually a cuck mentally :^)
>>
>>502024
Crusades reached their temporary goal of stopping the Islamic threat from taking christian lands of jerusalem if not of north africa.
>>
More like Spergler, amirite?
>>
>>502465
>marxist historiography
>recent

That shit's outdated too, I know because I live in a country where a few decades back everything was still viewed through a marxist lens.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.