[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has there even been a dictatorship which allowed freedom of speech?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Oswald Mosley.jpg (163 KB, 630x790) Image search: [Google]
Oswald Mosley.jpg
163 KB, 630x790
Has there even been a dictatorship which allowed freedom of speech? What were the results?
>>
>>501116

DEFINE "FREEDOM OF SPEECH".
>>
>>501127
Search out Mosely speaking about the freedom of speech in east london. I really like mosely, as i do Mussolini. they are great speakers, but mosely resonates much harder with me as he speaks my mother tongue
>>
>>501116
>Has there even been a dictatorship which allowed freedom of speech?
Roman Empire.
>What were the results?
Varied.
>>
>>501133

I JUST LISTENED TO THE SPEECH; IT DOES NOT PROVIDE A DEFINITION OF "FREE SPEECH".

SINCE YOU CANNOT EVEN DEFINE YOUR OWN TERMS, YOUR QUESTION IS UNANSWERABLE.
>>
probably not in any meaningful sense, since state control of media and harsh enforcement of sedition laws are such fundamental hallmarks of despotic regimes
>>
>>501189

DICTATORSHIP DOES NOT NECESSARILY ENTAIL DESPOTISM.
>>
>>501116
Much like religions and tolerance ideologies generally only want free speech when it suits their own goals.
>>
>>501174
Whats with the caps mate, i just noted that Oswald was in OP and you were talking about free speech and i knew of a video where he talks about it. Fuckin calm ya farm mate. There is a reason your all slants aye
>>
>>501237
It's his gimmick

He has been doing it for years
>>
>>501204
what's the difference?
>>
>>501237

Take your ignorant, ahistorical troll post and shove it up your arsehole.

You've asked a baited political question, you know politics belongs on >>>/pol/ and you can fuck back off there.
>>
every dictatorship had freedom of speech, just not necessarily freedom after speech
>>
British Hong Kong probably counts.
>>
>>501249
I've never been to /pol/ mate. Nor did i ask any questions, your a strange one, but perhaps you have as much trouble seeing as the bloke i was first talking too does.
>>
>>501284
If you're not OP then why the fuck do you answer to the tripfag's request when he was clearly addressing the OP?
>>
Augustus and Caesar

Augustus ruled peacefully for 40 years and was declared a god. Pretty sweet outcome
>>
If Rome had freedom of speech then they wouldn't have lashed out at jews for disrespecting the Emperors divine status
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.