[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>We're proud Hittites, begone Hellenic and Semitic scum
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: Anatolia.jpg (66 KB, 634x324) Image search: [Google]
Anatolia.jpg
66 KB, 634x324
>We're proud Hittites, begone Hellenic and Semitic scum
>100% pure Roman, Rome was a Trojan colony
>Gre- I mean Roman, Christian and proud! The Saracens and Mongoloids must be repelled!
>We are the nexus of Islam. Anyone who submits to the one true faith may join our great nation!
>Not a single drop of Anatolo-Helleno-Armenoid-Islamic blood but only the purest steppe blood. Islam is the religion of an immoral Bedouin and those scribbles they call alphabet is unfit for the noble Turkic race.

What is wrong with these idiots?
>>
File: mariusz-kozik-camels-cataphract.jpg (480 KB, 1920x1039) Image search: [Google]
mariusz-kozik-camels-cataphract.jpg
480 KB, 1920x1039
>>500411
I think you are under the impression that anyone save for a small group of ultra-nationalists think like this.
>>
File: 1412974688906.png (108 KB, 400x381) Image search: [Google]
1412974688906.png
108 KB, 400x381
Because the overwhelming majority of studies have found again and again that modern Turkish people are overall the same as the neolithic farmers who first lived there?
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (31 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
31 KB, 560x560
>>501191
>neolithic
>>
>>501668
Is something wrong?
>>
>>500411
All of those groups can be found in turkey so obviously it causes a bit of an identity crises among some turks on 4chan real life turks don't care though.
>>
>>500411

I don't even know what you are trying to say here. Are you talking about how people in Anatolia did not maintain the same ethnic identity over millenia? Or about how some people online espouse multiple contradictory identities at once?
>>
>>500411

Turkey is an interesting case.

Area with the most prominent nasal profiles and longest noses, invaded by the direct offspring of flat-faced Mongolians, and then to assume much of the cultural heritage of those Asians.

Is little known of the Anatolians before the Turkmen?
>>
>>501191
Do not boast about your lack of knowledge. Neolithic peoples from Anatolia are not the same as the muslim mongols who live there since XV century.
>>
>>500411
The best part is that the population of the anatolian peoples pretty much stayed the same up until today, expect for external influences of course
>>
>>501191
[citation needed]

Anatolia has been conquered so many times I highly doubt there is genetic continuity between its different successful inhabitants.
>>
File: 1446508864218.jpg (296 KB, 1726x946) Image search: [Google]
1446508864218.jpg
296 KB, 1726x946
>>501191
Except that these neolithic farmers genetically resemble Sardinians and dont plot anywhere near turks
>>
>>503719
If you're talking prior to classical Anatolia, maybe, but they were clearly assimilated under the Greeks ever since Alexander and throughout the Roman and Byzantine periods. The languages held out until first couple of centuries AD. Unless the Turks genocided 10 million people I think was present at the time, then it's safe to assume that the genetic legacy ever since the Hittites is present.

Also, one shouldn't think of Anatolia too much as intermixed but as a "mosaic".
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.