[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you Sop/his/ts hate scientists so much? Is it because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: photo_29_big.jpg (114 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
photo_29_big.jpg
114 KB, 550x550
Why do you Sop/his/ts hate scientists so much?

Is it because science has become more valuable to society than philosophy?
>>
File: 1449022289153.jpg (1013 KB, 971x3604) Image search: [Google]
1449022289153.jpg
1013 KB, 971x3604
>>499413
>Why do you Sop/his/ts hate scientists so much?
This is untrue.
>>
Nobody here hates scientists, where the hell did you get that from?

The only people visibly butthurt about science are some christian /pol/acks but there's only a few of them
>>
File: 1431455658639.png (11 KB, 470x454) Image search: [Google]
1431455658639.png
11 KB, 470x454
>>499423
what the fuck am i reading
>>
>>499471
I have no idea but it was a fun read.
>>
>>499413
I have a tremendous appreciation and love for science, and I study it in detail. However, I find it distasteful when scientists push beyond the boundary of what is actually science and start to proclaim their opinions to be settled fact.
>>
i don't hate scientists but i think they're overrated.

science is valuable to society that it keeps people alive, kills your enemies easier, makes things convenient, but laws aren't based on science. and if you press someone on their views and why they hold them, you won't find science at their core. 'society' is governed by everyone's views on what makes a good society, what makes a good law, what makes a good sentence, what is fair, what is valuable, what is science.
>>
>>499505
Science is an invaluable asset for policy makers to gather data and test their theories. Just saying.
>>
>>499471
someone who went gung-ho about humanism
>>
Not really. I love philosophy and history. In fact, it's usually the other way around. The only /his/ fags I hate are the ones that think consciousness is something transcendent and exempt from any scientific explanation ever.
>>
>>499413
Only someone who knows nothing about science and philosophy would say there is conflict between them. Science has always depended on philosophy to tell it epistomology and to figure out the 'meaning' and utility of it's discover. Philosophy has always used science as a path to new insights or a way to affirm it's it's ideas: consider how Darwin changed philosophy or how Heraclitus's metaphysics model was affirmed be quantum physics.
>>
>>499413
It's funny because the man in your image was a religious zealot
>>
>>499413
Why do you autists spam this so much?
Is it because you are a failed ASD "superhero" that has contributed nothing and so has to identify with scientists in a nonsense ideological conflict in order to feel a sense of achievement and superiority?
>>
I don't hate science at all. The scientific method is one of the most useful things ever produced by philosophy.

Science itself was an outgrowth of philosophy, and the two are still complimentary. As the former discovers more of our universe, the other examines these findings in relation to our condition.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.