[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i just finished watching Marco Polo. How historical accurate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Marco_Polo_3_embed.jpg (650 KB, 648x959) Image search: [Google]
Marco_Polo_3_embed.jpg
650 KB, 648x959
So i just finished watching Marco Polo.
How historical accurate is it?
The armors portrayed are pretty cool too.
>>
It's not at all historically accurate.
>>
File: image.png (344 KB, 536x518) Image search: [Google]
image.png
344 KB, 536x518
Yellow fever: the show
>>
I like shows where some beta boy dies in an absurd way and his rival gets the girl. Marco Polo, Rome

It reminds me that all human drama is ultimately about the cuck/bull dynamic.
>>
>>497768
That doesn't stop it from being an entertaining show, though.
>>
>>497867
Thank god humans aren't like wolves or lions, where a respective Chad gets exclusive mating rights within a particular social unit
>>
>>497859
Technically Marco Polo suffered from that disease too.
>>
New season when
>>
>>497876
>implying
>>
>>497884
Summer. There's a teaser episode about hundred eyes on netflix.
>>
>>497764
0. Armor alone is pretty inaccurate.

Also Marco Polo by no means invented the counterweight trebuchet nor advised the Mongols militarily. The Muslims did that. Hence the Chinese word for that Weapon: Hui Pao (Muslim Catapult)
>>
>>497764
Can anyone tell me why they were dismembering prisoners and stewing them in pots?

Are stewed humans combustible?
>>
>>498646
Rendering fat, which is combustible. That being said, Kublai probably had 100 skinny peasants worth of fat.
>>
File: 6'0 5'9.jpg (201 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
6'0 5'9.jpg
201 KB, 1280x720
>>497764
>Chinese being able to communicate directly with Venetian merchants without any translators
>blind dude teaching Marco Polo martial arts (with perfect communication)
>Marco Polo is a bitchboy manlet while Kublai Khan is supergigahiganigga tall and buff
I couldn't watch that show. The historical inaccuracy was too much. I was also doing nofap at the time and those asian girls...
>>
>>498704
>macro polo a bitchboy manlet
>kublai khan a supergigahiganigga tall and buff
Only problem I see is the tall part. Buff and supergigahiganiga would be correct description of kublai khan. manlet would be correct for macro polo. The leader of the mongol had everything to his disposal and all the food/women/fighters. The white merchant boy was only there due to mongols wanting merchant spies/information miester. But they wouldn't have access to all the glory of a rich or high noble person in the empire.

The guy learning martial arts would be a historical doubt and the no translator part would be inaccurate. Kublai Khan would speak mongol instead of chinese. Some of his official would speak chinese to convey the orders and keep the court running.
>>
File: 1451766948012.jpg (275 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1451766948012.jpg
275 KB, 1280x720
>>498704
When will manlets learn?
>>
>>497764
>Jia Sidao knowing martial arts
>QING PERIOD Fantasy Martial arts to begin with.
>>
>>497768
It's pretty damn close to what Marco Polo himself said happened, which is the point.
>>
>>497859
That's why I loved it.
>>
>>497904
>>>/r9k/
take your psuedoscience with you
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.