[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
An angry misogynistic misanthrope who couldn't get laid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: Nietzsche187a.jpg (632 KB, 1464x1986) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187a.jpg
632 KB, 1464x1986
An angry misogynistic misanthrope who couldn't get laid or a great philosopher whose profundity we have yet to fathom? What are your thoughts of Friedrich Nietzsche?
>>
>>497250
He ate two kilos of fruits a day and had massive digestion pains due to it.
>>
>muh false dichotomy

He made some good points, and he made some shitty ones.

>wut is critical thought tho?
>>
>>497250
I'm still new to Nietzsche, but I don't recall him being either angry or misanthropic from what I've read of him so far.
>>
>>497328
'Twilight of the Idols' is one gigantic rant.
>>
nietzche is a fucking pleb shit tier uni student fag filosofizer. everyone needs to get off the hype and actually do some reading of their own instead of bumming off of this guy
>>
>>497250
¿Por qué no las dos?
>>
>>497339
It's an attack on philosophers of the past. You'll find that sort of attack in every great philosopher, old ideas are overturned and new ones are introduced.
>>
>>497250
Come on, don't use ad hom. Attack his evil ideas directly.
>>
>>497328
Not him but he's definitely misanthropic due to seeing himself as having the gateway knowledge to becoming an overman, a small select club of humans who are superior to the rest.
>>
>>497250
>check out my tat xD wil to power, wagner and shit
>>
File: static1.jpg (219 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
static1.jpg
219 KB, 500x500
>>497976
>>
This board's level of discourse is a cunt hair above reddit's. Le being angry makes you mis- everything maymay
>>
>>497998
I don't want you cunt hair. Keep it it's gross.
>>
Apologies darling, but nobody is going to respect your opinion when you use the word "misogynistic" to describe historical figures, especially ones of much higher knowledge than yourself. Cheers (:
>>
>>497979
That's Theodore Roosevelt.
>>
>>497328
Depends on what book your reading considering he went legit mad by the end of his life.

A Swedish author known as Strindberg enjoyed his books and wanted to open a school based on his teachings in Sweden, but by that point Nietzsche would sign his letters as "God" and "Antichrist."
>>
>>497250
Nietzsche never practiced philosophy.
>>
>>497250
Why not both OP?

People are not monoliths. They actually can have multiple facets to their personality, just like Hitler was a genocidal maniac, but also a vegetarian.

I personally think he was more profound than anyone can possibly imagine, but unfortunately we plebs only have his writings to draw from, which may or may not shed light on his whole personality.
>>
>>498321
>Hitler was a genocidal maniac
Source.
>>
>>498554
The very same race that he may have tried to exterminate and may have reasons to exaggerate the gravity of his actions.
>>
>>497976
but he hated Wagner
>>
>>501389
Not his art
>>
I'm conflicted about his opinions on Socrates.

Hear me out. I feel everything he said about Socrates was rather accurate. Socrates had fairly impractical opinions on war, and he was misguided as far as his stagnant civilization plans. He was also a fucking twat about censoring, and an ugly one at that.

My problem is this, Socrates has one major advantage on him. Socrates gets to the fucking point in a fairly timely fashion. While I think Nietzsche's prose is quite beautiful, it's so luxurious and verbose that it becomes really hard to understand what he's saying. This annoys me, a lot. Like a lot a lot. I feel like it undercuts his best points.
>>
>>497700
>club of humans who are superior to the rest.
You mean philosophers? All of them?
>>
>>502573
He had to sell it somehow
>>
>>497979
>TR and Tesla having anything to do with each other
literally Cracked.com
>>
>>498308
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>497267
Sometimes even three.
>>
>>497250
>misogynistic misanthrope who couldn't get laid

This kind of shit pisses me off. How is this shit relevant to anything? What kind of moron thinks "he couldn't get laid" has any kind of value on a philosopher's work? Can't you differentiate the work and the author?
>>
>>503637
>Can't you differentiate the work and the author?

Never. That's a simpleton way of viewing things.
>>
>>497250
>complains about people following Christ's example of morality
>expects people to follow his example of morality

Hypocrite.
>>
>>497979
He made that abomination to hide that horrible gyno.
>>
>>500189
Source?
>>
>>503637
>How is this shit relevant to anything?

It wouldn't be relevant for a physicist or a mathematician. But how do you suppose that a virginity angst may not, at least, partially leak into his PHILOSOPHY.
>>
>>503667
Who cares if it did? Engage his arguments, not his personal life.

"You are only saying so because you are a virgin" is not a good argument.
>>
>>503647
>Nietzsche
morality

Come on, at least skim the wiki.
>>
>>503679
I prefer a holistic approach.
>>
>>503690
Call it whatever you want, but the quest to be an übermensch involves certain moral ideals.
>>
>>503647
>>expects people to follow his example of morality
confirmed for not having read nietzsche
>>
>>503694
I prefer the traditional, logical one, where you actually engage the arguments, instead of dismissing them because of who said it.
>>
>>503721
You aren't very bright, are you.
>>
>>503721
>I prefer the traditional, logical one, where you actually engage the arguments, instead of dismissing them because of who said it.

And? You sure you know what holistic means?
>>
>>503726
It is better to be dumb than to start accepting "he couldn't get laid" as an argument against a philosopher.
>>
>>503732
Where you take in consideration the circumstances behind the arguments. Which is shit without any value.
>>
>>503741
>Where you take in consideration the circumstances behind the arguments.

I'll take that as a "no".
>>
>>503745
What would be holistic?
>>
Well, considering he ushered in modern philosophy with his counter-everybody position moral nihilism, I'd say he deserves the kudos he gets.

But only teenagers would really think of him as the be all and end all of philosophers.
>>
File: 1444743838099.png (1 MB, 1126x1192) Image search: [Google]
1444743838099.png
1 MB, 1126x1192
>>497250
A syphilitic weakling who invented a romantic persona for himself through his writings as a means of coping.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.