[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will the meme of "America saved the world and defeated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 32
File: share.jpg (184 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
share.jpg
184 KB, 1200x630
When will the meme of "America saved the world and defeated the Nazis" end?
>>
Soon as books like "Bloodlands" are becoming more popular. It's just old Cold War legend. Actually it's more like an evolution. First the USA didn't care at all. Then when they entered WWII the USSR (one of the countries that started the war while allied with Hitler) was on the side of the west. Hollywood responded with pathetic movies praising Uncle Joe and the Soviet Union (Gregory Peck's first acting role was in one of such movies).
Of course then the Cold War happened and suddenly "we've always been at war with Eastasia" only gradually the relations between the countries were improving but there was still one pretty awkward thing and it was something that wikipedia calls "western betrayal" although I've never seen this term called like that anywhere else. Anyway the Soviets were just as bad if not worse than the Germans but they were also American allies. This continues to be relly awkward especially since Russians themselves believe in lies their government tells them about WWII. As an effect the Americans prefered a safe version of history where there's place for D-Day, Pacific theatre, maybe something involving their British allies and of course Auschwitz but nothing else. Let's hope this is about to change.
>>
>>496853
>"America saved the world and defeated the Nazis" end?

the moment butthurt europoors stop pretending it exist in any real capacity.
>>
>>496853
Well that depends on what you want to replace it.
>>
It was the Soviet mostly, everyone with a brain knows that.

However, it was America who prevented the Soviets from taking the rest of Europe within the decade of taking Berlin.
>>
>>497944
Well first the complete moron FDR was ready to pull his troops out of Europe immediately after WWII to let Stalin do as he pleases. Churchill, Hopkins and Stalin himself couldn't believe what they were hearing.
Stalin would've never been as strong after WWII if it wasn't for FDR being ready to be Stalin's bitch. Stalin was actually ready to start WWIII he only needed time.

Nobody saved the world because the allies were ready to sell half of Europe to a country that started the war and commited the same kind of attrocities as Germany. At least two of the countries they sold were their allies. And these facts are really uncomfortable for them.
>>
File: WW2.jpg (272 KB, 1326x1039) Image search: [Google]
WW2.jpg
272 KB, 1326x1039
>>497944
>It was the Soviet mostly, everyone with a brain knows that.
>>
>>496853

>When will the meme of "Russia saved the world and defeated the Nazis" end?

Ftfy
>>
>>497967

>fighting japan after provoking them
>relevant
>>
>>497967
And Japan. But seriously the problem is that people keep treating the alliance between USSR and USA/GB as some sort of entente cordiale.
>>
>>497971

>eastern europe more relevant than China+Japan

>so stupid and petty he actually blames America for the war

thing is I have literally never heard anyone say America won it all by themselves, but I hear faggots saying Russia won the whole thing by themselves all the time
>>
>>497967
>we got longer arrows
>>
>>496853
I disagree about "saving the world" but we did pretty much singlehandedly keep the USSR and Great Britain alive via lend-lease and the leaders of both of those nations said as much.
>>
>>497967
>Muh arrows meme
By that logic Australia gave the most contribution cause they'd have the longest arrows.
>>
>>498182

>>498089

>longest arrows

>not the most

russiaboos really are fucking idiots
>>
>>497967
>>498208

These are quite possibly the stupidest posts I have ever seen on /his/. And that is saying something, earlier today someone claimed the USSR stood for the United States of Soviet Russia.

They were probably American as well.
>>
>>498245

>he thought the point of that picture was "america has the longest arrows"

>calls others stupid
>>
>>497959
>Stalin was actually ready to start WWIII he only needed time.
This is nonsense. The USSR was in economic shambles and despite their massive amount of troops at the end of WW2 they were in no economic condition for another extended war.
>>
>>497967
I'm saving this in my "shit I've read on /his/" folder.
>>
>>497967
lol'd if troll
lol'd harder if not
>>
>>498262
>>498267

point out which part of it is wrong
>>
>>498255

I'm not that anon dumbass and the whole concept of having a discussion wbout who contributed most to WW2 is by drawing a few arrows is completely imbecilic.
>>
>>498256
It was also properly destroyed after the first months of war with Germany in 1941. It was also dying until the bitter end in the 90s. It never stopped them from planning military operations and Stalin did want to do this. Why would he want to stop spreading the revolution? He wanted to at least be on equal terms with the Americans so he waited for the Soviet hydrogen bomb. It happened in 1953... after Stalin's death. This and the possibility of another purge were one of the possible reasons for his suspicious death.
>>
>>498291
>I'm not that anon dumbass

> having a discussion wbout who contributed most to WW2 is by drawing a few arrows is completely imbecilic.

yet you are still too dumb to grasp the meaning of a very fucking simple picture
>>
World War II
World War
World

And yet only eastern europe matters.
Ok
>>
>>497967
>complex military operations involving literally millions of men
>less relevant than a few retards island hopping in buttfuck Pacific because LONGER ARROWS
>>
>>498326
The length of the arrows is not relevant.

The point is that a WORLD war is a global conflict.
>>
>>498326

>he thinks its about the length of the arrows

hahahah, why are you people so fucking stupid?

And yet, you are dumb enough to think "millions of men" makes it more important. You literally think eastern Europe is more relevant than China and Japan
>>
>>496853
>>496853
The americans where vital to winning the war
but so where the rest of the allies, soviets especially
>>
>>498335
>>498340

I think you might want to read OP again.
>>
>>498340
>You literally think eastern Europe is more relevant than China and Japan
No shit? China hasn't been relevant until the 60s.
>>
>>498275
The Soviet Union movilized 34,401,807 soldiers. That alone dwarfs the entire forces of the Allies.
>>
>>498340
>fighting a ww1 outdated and undersupplied as fuck army is the same as drowning a modern and well equipped great power in corpses and allowing the western allies to invade western europe

>third world shitholes are as important as europe, at the time the center of the civilized world

i'm as anticommunist as they come, but shit, you are one retarded fuck.

PS my country was neutral during this war so no strings attached either way
>>
I'll admit that America did nothing to the Nazis the day the French and British admit that the only reason the war didn't end in 1939 was because of their extreme incompetence and back stabbing of their eastern allies.
>>
>>498400
I think Alfred Jodl did it for them during the trials.
>>
>>498417
He's German. Meanwhile the French and British are still content to piss on America for helping them clean up the mess they made.
>>
>>498400

Britain literally sacrifices their Empire and goes through years of depravation by declaring war because the Nazis invaded Poland.

Poles still complaining it wasn't enough and Britain should just have rampaged across Europe all the way to Warsaw.
>>
File: 1289012711018.jpg (28 KB, 356x317) Image search: [Google]
1289012711018.jpg
28 KB, 356x317
>>498380

>eastern europe

>center of the civilized world

>calls other retarded
>>
>>498454
They declared war but they forgot to actually fight, hence the phoney war. If they had fought while the Germans were split between the east and west they wouldn't have needed to ruin their empire. And of course this was all after they literally betrayed Czechoslovakia to Hitler.
>>
when it stops being true
>>
>>497971
>Invades China
>Commits war crimes in China
>Attacks our ships
The USA didn't place an embargo on Japan for fun, anon.
>>
>>498487
I'm going add that all this was happening when the French still had technological and numerical superiority.
>>
>>498487

> If they had fought while the Germans were split between the east and west they wouldn't have needed to ruin their empire.

If, if, if, pure speculation.

>And of course this was all after they literally betrayed Czechoslovakia to Hitler.

Betrayed?

When was Britain ever in charge of keeping Czechoslovakia safe?

When has Britain ever even been an ally of Czechoslovakia, a country on the other side of the continent?
>>
>>498510
The US placed the oil embargo on Japan years after the invasion of China started. We didn't embargo them until they invaded hong kong
>implying we were humanitarians and not just doing europes bidding
lmao
>>
>>498487
I think failing to react after Rhineland (and yes, Poland did ask GB and France to step in it was the last sound political decision in Polish history) was the biggest mistake. Everything that happened later was just one lie after another. Yes they betrayed and they should feel ashamed, a few politicians including a future PM even admitted that, but were there really their allies? The entire British policy towards mitteleuropa was "keep them under German/Russian boot." Because balance or some shit. Lloyd George was the worse idiot who believed that the Bolshevik wanted only Poland and would stop at the German border. The country that wasn't particularly stable at that time.
>>
>>498528
>speculation
It we can't speculate then you can't tell me America wasn't responsible for helping defeat the Nazis. We don't know what would've happened without lend lease and without American man power.

>Britain-czech
True. It was the French that betrayed them. Britain was content to appease Hitler and only contributed a token force in continental Europe. I'll admit that Britain is less responsible for the war than the French, but comparing their contribution to the war effort to the American's is still quite in question.
>>
>>498615
I thought that after WWI France was basically Britain's less relevant partner. Doing what they want and always in the same political coalition.
>>
>>498143

> w-we f-financed them

can you get any more cucked
>>
>>498615
>It we can't speculate then you can't tell me America wasn't responsible for helping defeat the Nazis.

I don't think anyone has said the US didn't play a role in helping defeat the Nazis.

>Britain was content to appease Hitler and only contributed a token force in continental Europe. I'll admit that Britain is less responsible for the war than the French, but comparing their contribution to the war effort to the American's is still quite in question.

But Britain never has had a sizable military presence in continental Europe. England fought for French territory a bit in Medieval times because of the claims of Norman monarchs to their territory.

We played a balance of power role in the Napoleonic and Crimean Wars.

We have never, ever had a major army presence that could dominate chunks of continental Europe.

We have never, ever had any significant ties to Eastern European countries.

The only reason you think it is even appropriate to dump this moral responsibility on us because we did do SOMETHING, we could have done nothing at all and remained neutral and then you wouldn't even be complaining about us at all.

I admit, maybe theoretically we could have marched all the way to Berlin in the early stages of the war, if we were damn lucky and France backed us. have you any idea how unprecedented and risky and hard that would have been for us? Why do you think a moral responsibility to do that for countries that we had no links to suddenly appeared in 1939?
>>
>>497971
> Get provoked
> Give a shit and start a war
Also known as "we really suck at governing".
>>
File: US_flag_worldmap.jpg (20 KB, 460x184) Image search: [Google]
US_flag_worldmap.jpg
20 KB, 460x184
>>496853
>mfw even euros who hate us think america saved them
usa wins: cultural victory
>>
>>498712
Yeah. Except in real life, the game never ends. Turn 450 and counting.
>>
File: World_War_II_Casualties.svg.png (165 KB, 2000x1301) Image search: [Google]
World_War_II_Casualties.svg.png
165 KB, 2000x1301
>>497967
>longer arrows means more relevance

lolz

But I'll hand it that the US fought primarily in the Pacific War, their contribution to the War in Europe was a sideshow compared to the Soviets, who took on 85-90% of the Wehrmacht and destroyed it all.
>>
File: lol17.jpg (233 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
lol17.jpg
233 KB, 1000x1000
>>497967

>longer arrows

Funniest /his/ post ever.
>>
This thread is an excellent example of why a 4chan history board is doomed to shit.
>>
>>497967
True american retard
>>
>>498749
Casualties are a pretty arbitrary way of showing who did the most work. With consideration to the USSR, wouldn't this show how terribly incompetent the Red Army was?
>>
>>498664
Yes, because the Soviet economy was in great shape to take on the advancing Wehrmacht. You know, with the abundance of factories unable to produce the most basic of equipment and with an extremely laughable system of logistics before Lend-Lease.
>>
>>498749
>Latvia
>allies
>>
>>496853
Never OP, to much hollycrap movies painting the muricuck soldiers as saints.
>>
>>498476
>what is Berlin for 200, Phil
>>
>>498538
"hong kong" should read "French Indochina", anon
>>
>>498749
>who took on 85-90% of the Wehrmacht and destroyed it all.
Not anything like that. Particularly as the POW situation routinely gets overlooked in favour of dead bodies. In terms of total Axis/Germans fought, the western Allies did their share and more, and did it without having vast numbers of their countrymen killed in the process.

Overall, the numbers on the western front tended to be concentrated in smaller fronts, as well. The density of men for each KM was significantly higher in western europe and Italy.
>>
File: 760029144.jpg (29 KB, 332x499) Image search: [Google]
760029144.jpg
29 KB, 332x499
>>497967
>>
Lend-Lease didn't make as much of an impact as people like to think, but it was still important.
>>
File: Koeln_1945.jpg (2 MB, 2919x2092) Image search: [Google]
Koeln_1945.jpg
2 MB, 2919x2092
>Complete destruction of the largest economy in Europe from the air.
>Complete destruction of all of that country’s major cities.
>Complete destruction of that country’s oil and synthetic oil industries.
>Complete destruction of the river, canal, and rail networks.
>Complete destruction of the Luftwaffe as a fighting force.
>Complete air superiority over Western Europe.
>Significant reductions in the production of tanks, aircraft, and supply trucks.
>Significant reductions in the production of aviation fuel and gasoline leaving thousands of tanks and equipment unemployable on the Eastern front.
>Things the Soviets did.

Pick one.
>>
File: property_of _Russia.jpg (195 KB, 690x960) Image search: [Google]
property_of _Russia.jpg
195 KB, 690x960
>>499204

None of that is something the US did either.

The US and USSR weren't even involved when the most significant aerial battle took place.

The UK played more than a significant role in strategic bombing.

Complete destruction of river, canal and rail networks and major cities is not something that ever happened, full stop.
>>
>>499231
>The UK played more than a significant role in strategic bombing.

Area bombing cities at night is not precision bombing. Precision bombing is was destroyed the synthetic oil industry and rail networks. We have the records from Speer's Ministry of Armaments. Read a fucking book.
>>
>>499204
But thats basically all the shit the british did....
>>
>>496853
The marshall plan was a pretty big deal, I imagine this (along with the mountains of propaganda from Hollywood) is the main reason people hold the US' role in WW2 in such high regards
>>
>>499231
>filename
>triggered
>>
>>499204
>>499252
>Complete destruction of that country's oil and synthetic oil industries.
Yeah, the Soviets clearly did not play a decisive role with defeating the Germans at Stalingrad, or denying them access to Romanian oil fields when the country had barely enough access to it to begin with.
>>
>>498749
>those blue bars
Holy fuck
>>
>>497959
Are you fucking kidding me? Get off this board until you actually know some history. Russia was in no shape to fight another war. Let's see a citation on that one that isn't from some stormfront level bullshit.
>>
>>499252
>Area bombing cities at night is not precision bombing. Precision bombing is was destroyed the synthetic oil industry and rail networks. We have the records from Speer's Ministry of Armaments. Read a fucking book.

Maybe I will, sounds interesting. But you failed to defend any of the other points here >>499204 and you have failed to show synthetic oil or the railways were key issues or that the USA was the key country that took them down.
>>
>>498967
This, because somehow having more of your people die makes you more important to the war effort.
>>
>>499312
What a stormfront? And of course Stalin wanted another war.
>>
File: 1449843150740.jpg (35 KB, 720x718) Image search: [Google]
1449843150740.jpg
35 KB, 720x718
>>499334

The majority of German military casualties was on the Eastern Front, I kind of think that is important to the war effort.

http://russia-insider.com/en/history/wwii-3-out-4-german-kia-were-soviet-army/ri6663
>>
>>499338
>And of course Stalin wanted another war.

He signed a non-aggession pact and Hitler wrote in Mein Kampf, long befoe WW2 that he wanted to invade Russia.
>>
>>497967
Not only does this map not mean anything it's completly wrong and omitting many important things. Where is the Soviet push into Germany itself and the operations August Storm and Uranus?
>>
ITT: Ameriboos and NSA shills supremely buttblasted that the Russians did most of the work in defeating Germany.
>>
>>499387

The biggest casualties overall occurred on the Ostfront. The Eastern Front was true hell. I laugh whenever I head over to /k/ and hear them talk about how 'horrible' the Pacific Campaign. Not that I'm saying I would survive there for very long either, mind you. But by all accounts the Eastern Front was the most titanic string of violence Humanity has experienced in the last two centuries, and all of the countries that were involved in it all lost out on the next century, completely buried by worship of things like D-day or Iwo Jima/Okinawa.

They really are the forgotten dead.
>>
>>499405

Don't be mean. They came up with "we wuz arrowz n shit".
>>
>>499427

I agree, anon.

Despite all the horrific suffering of mankind over centuries due to warfare the Eastern Front overshadows them all. I can't even imagine being on either side.
>>
>>497967
>>499439
L O N G E R
O
N
G
E
R

A R R O W S
R
R
O
W
S
>>
lol Americucks who don'tk now shit about history ITT. More people and material were expended at the Battle of Kursk and Stalingrad then almost the entire western front. Russia saved the world during WW2. Read a fucking book.
>>
>>499276
>But thats basically all the shit the british did....

“The American attacks, which followed a definite system of assault on industrial targets, were by far the most dangerous. It was in fact these attacks which caused the breakdown of the German armaments industry.” - Albert Speer, Minister of Armaments and War Production

“The British inflicted grievous and bloody injuries upon us, but the Americans stabbed us to the heart.” - Field Marshal Erhard Milch, deputy armaments minister

>>499288
>Yeah, the Soviets clearly did not play a decisive role with defeating the Germans at Stalingrad, or denying them access to Romanian oil fields when the country had barely enough access to it to begin with.

You mean the Ploesti fields the Fifteenth Air Force and the RAF had reduced 10% output by the time the Red Army occupied them?

Surly you're also aware that synthetic fuel plants in the Ruhr, Silesia, and central Germany produced over half of Germany’s total supplies of oil, 85 percent of its high-grade motor fuel, and nearly all its aviation gasoline.

Perhaps you could share the titles of the History Channel programs that have bestowed upon you such knowledge and wisdom?
>>
>mfw westerners are so insecure that they can't admit that Russia did most of the work in WW2
>>
>>499503
* had reduced to 10% output
>>
File: 62049_1.jpg (13 KB, 285x214) Image search: [Google]
62049_1.jpg
13 KB, 285x214
Not only did the Soviets win the war in Europe but even the peripheral role played by the USA on the Western Front is massively over exaggerated.

Britain defeated the Luftwaffe in the Battle of Britain before the US even got involved.

The majority of the strategic bombing was British.

50% of the ground forces and 100% of the naval forces involved in D-Day were British.

Suggesting the Americans were significantly involved at all is Saving Ryan's Privates tier bullshit.
>>
>>499503
easy, I don't listen to americuck war propaganda and read REAL history.

Russian casaulties - 35 million
Americuck casualties - 17 million
>we contributed we swear
Lol.
>>
>americans are shit at war and greatly overestimate their value to the world

News at 11
>>
>>499523
>conveniently omitting lend-lease
>>
>>499529
>lend lease Russia paid gold for.
>>
File: asdf.jpg (152 KB, 1271x854) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
152 KB, 1271x854
It's America brainwashing
>>
>>499544
so much this

Before USSR destroyed its PR image to ther est of the world, everyone KNEW that the USSR had won WW2, but then the cold war happened and no one could admit that the "EBIL RUSSIAN PINKOS" could POSSIBLY do any good. Literally insecurities and hatred keep westerners from opening their minds to us.
>>
File: 147731.jpg (45 KB, 610x520) Image search: [Google]
147731.jpg
45 KB, 610x520
>>497967
>>
>>499535
no it was free
>>
>>499544
>americucks BTFO in one image
>mfw they're too illiterate to understand a foreign language so they'll continue to deny truth
>>
>>499570
100% false.
>>
>>499582
what are you talking about?
>>
>>499529

>muh lend lease

Didn't even happen until well after Britain defeated the Luftwaffe and the US got every pound it lent back.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4757181.stm
>>
>>499593
as for the ussr?
>>
File: 1423496678701.jpg (208 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
1423496678701.jpg
208 KB, 600x750
Fuck off America you glory stealing carpet-baggers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtU3vUOa2sw
>>
>>499524
>easy, I don't listen to americuck war propaganda and read REAL history.

"History knows no greater display of courage than that show by the people of Soviet Russia..." - Hanry L. Stimson, Secretary of War

"We and our allies owe and acknowledge an everlasting debt of gratitude to the armies and people of the Soviet Union." - Frank Knox, Secretary of the Navy

"The gallantry and aggressive fighting spirit of the Russian soldiers command the American army's admiration." - George C. Marshall, Chief of Staff, US Army

"The scale and grandeur of the Russian effot mark it as the greatest military achievement in all history." -General Douglas MacArthur, Commander in Chief Southwest Pacific Area

You're an idiot.
>>
Who are the Europeans itt even arguing against?
>>
>>499619
lmao americans are literally cucks
>>
>>496853
A FAR better question is when spergs will stop beating a dead horse. Are you fucks living in such a bubble that you havent noticed "America won WWII" stopped being a thing in the mutherfucking 90s? EVERYTHING slavaboos post while jerking their dicks i was already taught in middle school & highschool.

Nobody in my generation or the next, except for some uneducated hicks & shitposters believes "america saved the world" anymore, you're not breaking new ground here. Just making tired old bait threads.

If anything, the pendulum has swung too far from exaggerating american efforts into straight slavaboo territory. These days lend-lease and the strategic bombing campaign's effects are downplayed, and people circlejerk about the soviets saving the world and defeating the nazis single handedly.
>>
File: Stalin Diary.jpg (68 KB, 587x625) Image search: [Google]
Stalin Diary.jpg
68 KB, 587x625
>>499639
>>499650

Dear Diary.

Today two Americans admitted their shitty country had nothing to do with the Soviet victory in WW2.

Uncle Joe.
>>
>>499667
>Pictured: "Yankee Joe" Stalin scribbles out American contributions from the Lend-Lease act and writes 'SOCIALISM STRONG' in big letters.
>>
File: 1449785514847.jpg (75 KB, 600x950) Image search: [Google]
1449785514847.jpg
75 KB, 600x950
>>499684

>lend-lease

This is "muh arrows tier".
>>
>>496853
ITT: Retards count "who died the most" as who accomplished the most and contributed the most to the war effort.
>>
>Hey, let's add a /his/ board.
>Why? Won't it just be shitposters from int and pol?
>Yeah, so?
>>
File: based_Yuri.jpg (25 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
based_Yuri.jpg
25 KB, 600x401
>>499735

Squeaking and squawking and squealing and pleading and getting butthurt isn't going to change the facts that three quarters of German war casualties were on the Eastern Front and that 50% of the ground forces and 100% of the naval forces that took part in D-Day were British.

Go watch a Disneyt film or something.
>>
>>499720
>single handedly funding, feeding, and arming an entire nation
>not important
Lmao this is what revleft actually believes
>>
>>499735

>Retards count "who died the most" as who accomplished the most
>implying single-handedly inflicting 75% of Germany's casualties is not accomplishing the most
>>
>>496853
The USSR couldn't have won without American and English supplies.

During the opening moves right after Poland Stalin was stockpiling Western gear.
If America had remained strictly non-interventionist, no doubt the Germans would've been in Moscow by December.
They'd have survived the winter in the city and the Reds would've most likely moved operation past the Urals.

Que Pacific theater opening up.
Hitler would have had most of Northern Africa, Brits wouldn't have lasted long without US intervention in Africa.

Europe would've been German save England and its only a matter of time.
America would have been too late.
>>
File: Tu4.jpg (77 KB, 800x523) Image search: [Google]
Tu4.jpg
77 KB, 800x523
>slavboo bullet stoppers dying by the million fighting a predictable war in the mud, relying on horses and hand-me-downs, owing their success to general winter and their own horrible roads and infrastructure while the western allies, expending a fraction of the men, destroyed two world powers with bombs and planes the russias would immediately steal and reverse-engineer, respectively, after the war.
>are somehow proud of this
>>
File: 1450850430466.jpg (30 KB, 408x356) Image search: [Google]
1450850430466.jpg
30 KB, 408x356
>>499762
>single handedly funding, feeding, and arming an entire nation

This is what Americans actually believe.

>We single handedly fed everyone and made all their tanks and arrows and shit.

You know what I am not even saying lend-lease was insignificant but if you, really, I mean really, think it was THAT significant then you have been brought up on a diet of Disney films.
>>
>>499736
yeah, my first time here and already I'm disappointed.
>>
File: 1421596054744.jpg (201 KB, 1292x1600) Image search: [Google]
1421596054744.jpg
201 KB, 1292x1600
>>499736
>>499842

>why doesn't /his/ agree with thi Disney films I have seen
>whaddya mean the USA didn't win WW2
>i'm going back to >>/x/ and >>/v/
>>
>>499816
yes, who cann ever forget all of those Russian Studebaker trucks they built that revolutionized and lead their logistics industry. Such a proud Russian name, Studebaker.
>>
>>499816
i originally brought up lend-lease and i did so because the guy i was initially replying to left it out of his ww2 assessment like it played literally no part in the soviet success. i mean sure you can downplay the american contribution to the war but not to the point where you deny they helped at all. what does that prove?
>>
>>499931

Yes, because desperatey clinging on to tiny minor insignificant details about a few trucks means it was the USA and not the USSR that won the war in Europe.
>>
>>499953

No one in this entire thread has denied the USA helped at all.
>>
>>499931
The Studebakers came with a basic driver uniform and coat. These were so prized by the Soviets that the supply officers would take them instead. After the war Americans were confused why so many drivers were in the officer clubs.
>>
>>499970
this guy did

'the soviets won the war in europe' (i assume he means the eastern front). this is what prompted me to mention lend-lease since he seemed to think that the soviets didn't have any help

>>499523
>>
File: Stalin.jpg (268 KB, 1200x1381) Image search: [Google]
Stalin.jpg
268 KB, 1200x1381
>>499971

And?

Soviet troops liked US manufactured uniforms therefore the US is responsible for killing three quarters of the Nazi troops?
>>
>>500005
to be fair i bet the weather did most of it
>>
>>499997

I suggest you read this >>499523 again.

It does not say that the USA played no role in Europe in WW2.
>>
BIG QUESTION
Does everyone think that the USSR would have won without the lend lease? Personally I think the causalities would have been greater for the USSR but they could have done it if, and only if, the British remained in the War and occupied the Luftwaffe in the Battle of Britain, I think the downfall Nazi Germany was to make the USSR its enemy instead of violating the Turkish neutrality, pushing the the Middle East, destroying the European colonial armies there and taking the oil. Hitler let his burning ideological hatred get in the way of a much better strategy and the continuation of the molotov ribbentrop pact tbqh family
>>
>>500014
like i said i assumed by 'europe' he meant the eastern front since it wouldn't make sense to say 'soviets won the war in europe' and then list all of britain's achievements in europe.

regardless i brought up lend-lease because the guy pretended it never happened. that's the long and short of it.
>>
>>499166

Bullshit. WE QUARTERMASTERS NOW
>>
>>499788

How fucking delusional can you be?
>>
>>500016

The Battle of Britain happened and was won game, set and match by the Brits before Operation Barbarossa happened.

You are mixing up your history.
>>
>>500016

They might have hold off, but theres no chance in hell they could have mounted a counter offensive without american supplies
>>
>>500046
it's not 'overrated' just because britain got more aid. what kind of misreading is that?

27% of total aid was through the persian route and was enough for 60 divisions, in US standards. you're looking at ~230 divisions for all aid sent to the ussr. that's over a third of the total divisions the soviets had during ww2.
>>
>>500051
According to some German Historians there was a slight overlap, but I mean had the British been soundly beaten in it and therefore freeing up much of the Luftwaffe for an aerial assault upon the USSR would it have gone down differently, the used resources in the Battle of Britain must have been substantial.
>>
>>500070
But would it not have become a war of attrition? A war the USSR would have most likely won, plus it going on longer would have meant even more rapid industrialization therefore maybe the USSR being able to mount a counter offensive albeit much later
>>
>>500087
>According to some German Historians there was a slight overlap,

Who?

>but I mean had the British been soundly beaten in it and therefore freeing up much of the Luftwaffe for an aerial assault upon the USSR would it have gone down differently, the used resources in the Battle of Britain must have been substantial.

Nazi Germany failed to beat Britain while they still had a non-agression pact with the USSR. Then after failing to defeat Britain they went off to invade the USSR instead.

I'm struggling to believe you are mixing up the two different events.
>>
>>500005
And it's a good example of the often misunderstood benefits of lend-lease. People hear it and immediately think 'tanks', the first Shermans, the most successful lend-lease tank, wouldn't be delivered until after Stalingrad or Kursk. The biggest benefits of lend lease were inconspicuous resources, aluminum, telephone wire, radio electronics.

One statistic people throw around is "total goods and matériel shipped to the Soviet Union during World War II did not exceed 4 percent of Soviet domestic production." This comes from the Soviet Military Encyclopedia.

Since the collapse of the USSR the Journal of Slavic Military Studies claims "without the Western supplies, the Soviet Union not only could not have won the Great Patriotic War, but even could not have resisted German aggression."

What's the truth? Probably somewhere in the middle.
>>
>>500140

Commanding the Red Army's Sherman Tanks - The World War II Memoirs of Hero of the Soviet Union Dmitriy Loza

http://archive.4plebs.org/foolfuuka/boards/tg/image/1366/70/1366701417638.pdf
>>
File: l110576.jpg (37 KB, 259x395) Image search: [Google]
l110576.jpg
37 KB, 259x395
>>500140
Russia's War: 1941-1945, Richard Overy

http://nitroflare.com/view/C4B64828AC81CC8/0140271694RW.epub
>>
File: zhukov-large.jpg (18 KB, 385x357) Image search: [Google]
zhukov-large.jpg
18 KB, 385x357
>>500140

"Speaking about our readiness for war from the point of view of the economy and economics, one cannot be silent about such a factor as the subsequent help from the Allies. First of all, certainly, from the American side, because in that respect the English helped us minimally. In an analysis of all facets of the war, one must not leave this out of one's reckoning. We would have been in a serious condition without American gunpowder, and could not have turned out the quantity of ammunition which we needed. Without American `Studebekkers' [sic], we could have dragged our artillery nowhere. Yes, in general, to a considerable degree they provided ourfront transport. The output of special steel, necessary for the most diverse necessities of war, were also connected to a series of American deliveries." - Marshal Zhukov
>>
>>500312

"It is now said that the Allies never helped us... However, one cannot deny that the Americans gave us so much material, without which we could not have formed our reserves and could not have continued the war... we had no explosives and powder. There was none to equip rifle bullets. The Americans actually came to our assistance with powder and explosives. And how much sheet steel did they give us. We really could not have quickly put right our production of tanks if the Americans had not helped with steel. And today it seems as though we had all this ourselves in abundance." - Marshal Zhukov
>>
>>497967
Not gonna lie, I kek'd pretty hard at this one. Well meme'd my friend.
>>
The americans are up now his is full of retarded pol tier shitposts

Guess what fagermany got rekt by slavs you delusional retard fatties :p
>>
File: Ausfeel_001.jpg (161 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Ausfeel_001.jpg
161 KB, 1024x768
>>498749
>Allied Civillians
>58%
Feels bad man.
>>
>>498326
B-but the brithis were fighting half a milion japanese in burma.
>>
>>498364
>profesional army
Vs
>send more man than the germans can shoot
>>
>>502186
Nice meme
>>
>>496853
The truth can never be end.
>>
File: euroflag.jpg (39 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
euroflag.jpg
39 KB, 400x300
>>496853
When America dies.

>>497967
>longer arrows
>>
>>496853

ITT: People who know nothing about logistics and how the US provided an extremely significant portion of the USSR's supplies during the war.
>>
File: p.txt.jpg (92 KB, 818x561) Image search: [Google]
p.txt.jpg
92 KB, 818x561
>>499204

>the part that actually matters
>>
File: jogiin86.jpg (7 KB, 287x260) Image search: [Google]
jogiin86.jpg
7 KB, 287x260
>>498712
>cultural victory
Why do you want to destroy all cultural diversity?
>>
>>500475
>ITT retarded commies and slavposters blatantly lie about the USSR and how the US contributed to the war
Fuck off
>>
>ITT : people are to stupid to realise the allies where called allied for a reason

Soviets dident win the war
U.S.A dident win the war
UK dident win the war

THEY ALL FUCKING WON THE WAR TOGETHER
>>
>>496853

When the time machine is invented and we tell britain and the ussr to go fuck themselves instead of providing lend lease, and diverting all resources towards the pacific theater while britain gets strangled by U boats and sues for peace leaving ussr alone and fucked.
>>
Although the USA joined the war so to speak very late, it is speculated by many historians that germany would have defeated russia and brittain, so whether usa defeated the nazis or not, the nazis would have won the war without the usa joining it. And although brittainnia and the ussr fought most of the war they couldn't have won it, speculation ofcourse but one that is shared by many. I feel personally though that the usa/ussr/brittain didn't win it as much as germany lost it, just an opinion though.
>>
>>498749
40% of Soviet casualties were self-inflicted.
>>
>>504859
You can have all the diversity you want so long as you stick an -American at the end of all your demonyms.
>>
File: nixon-and-brezhnev.jpg (838 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
nixon-and-brezhnev.jpg
838 KB, 2048x1536
>>498967
>>499334
>>499735
>>502186
http://www.axishistory.com/axis-nations/134-campaigns-a-operations/campaigns-a-operations/2085-number-of-german-divisions-by-front-in-world-war-ii
Note the amount of German divisions used against USSR since the invasion in 1941 and on the western front at that time. The numbers seem slightly different, don't they? What about the time of D-Day, 66 divisions in the West compared to 150 in the East? Nice.

>>499589
>>499603
>>499684
>>499788
>>500071

Daily reminder that Brezhnev started paying the debt created by lend-lease in 1973. Basically you are putting moral values on a debt. How was your family visit to Jerusalem, mr. banker?
>>
>>499562
Doesn't really prove anything. By that logic Yugoslavia did more to win World War II than the US or UK, and China did more to win the war than all three combined.
>>
>>496853
>>499166
>Lend-lease didn't make as much of an impact as people like to think
"When we entered the war, we were still a backward country in the industrial sense as compared to Germany ... Today [in 1963] some say the Allies really didn't help us ... But, listen, one cannot deny that the Americans shipped over to us materiel without which we could not have equipped our armies held in reserve or been able to continue the war ... We did not have enough munitions, [and] how would we have been able to turn out all those tanks without the rolled steel sent to us by the Americans? To believe what they say [in the U.S.S.R.] today, you'd think we had all this in abundance!" - Marshal G. K. Zhukov

The US was not alone nor was it the most important force that defeated Germany, but the Soviet Union, the nation that overwhelmed Germany in the end, would likely not have survived in the absence of American involvement. In that respect America saved the world, even if it didn't directly defeat Germany.
Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.