[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you know of Romanian history? Did you know it specifically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 16
File: Romania-Mare-Drapel.jpg (1 MB, 3023x2207) Image search: [Google]
Romania-Mare-Drapel.jpg
1 MB, 3023x2207
What do you know of Romanian history?

Did you know it specifically omits large chunks of history just so it can suit a specific romantic nationalist rhethoric, and is all basically one fat lie?
>>
>>496456
Wow, so Romanian history is like literally all national historical narratives?
>>
>>496461

Name one other country (aside balkan countries) that romanticizes the fuck out of it's own history in order to pursue a nationalist rhethoric.
>>
>specific romantic nationalist rhethoric

Most countries do this, Romania is not the only culprit.
>>
>>496456
So as an apparently butthurt moldovan what's your take on it ?
>>
>>496468

What country omits the fact that it has been created not out of the will of the people, or anyone within the same culture, but because of geopolitical interests?

>>496481
Why butthurt? I just like history. The real history.
>>
>>496488
> created not out of the will of the people

Most countries weren't created out of will of the people, but out of will of the elites, often foreign ones.

>>496466
Scandinavians with the Viking history for example, until rather recently.
>>
>>496488
>What country omits the fact that it has been created not out of the will of the people, or anyone within the same culture, but because of geopolitical interests?

Belgium ?
>>
>>496466
Burgers ?
>>
>>496466
>UK
>Russia
>Italy
>Hungary
>Poland
>France
>US
>Mexico

etc

Pretty much all of them.
>>
>>496490
Germany was created out of the will of the people. The spring of peoples in the little germanic states prior to the union itself is proof for that.

also
>scandinavians
>nationalist

not buying it.

>>496491
>>496492

Nor Belgium nor the US pursues an ethnic nationalist rhethoric, because they are inhabited by more than one ethnicity.

>>496497
I fail to see how any of those countries try to pursue nationalism by faking their history. Name one thing that is omitted in their histories that would simply crush the whole narrative they're trying to build.
>>
>>496466

Japan, China and both Koreas
>>
>>496500
>Scandinavians not nationalistic as fuck in the 19th century

You're literally dumb as fuck.
>>
>>496500
For example both the French and the Germans claim that Charlemagne was theirs, even though he was neither. That's a pretty common tactic of nationalism slanting history.
>>
>>496506

I used the present, not past tense. Can you not read?

>Name one other country that romanticizes the fuck out of it's own history in order to pursue a nationalist rhethoric.

I.e The countries that do it now.

>>496508
Sure, they want to claim legacy, i'd say it's pretty average for countries to do that.

But Romania doesn't. The tactic of romanian historians is to either fake or omit many plotholes in their own theories

For example, in order to prove that present day Romania was always inhabited by romanians during a span of 1000 years, they claim the Bolokhoveni, brodnici and berladnici as of romanian ethnicity, when they were infact slavic tribes. Why? Because if they assume that present day Moldova was never, or barely inhabited by romanians, they lose all historical claims to it, defacto.

So in order to legitimize it's clay, they fabricate early medieval history.
>>
bumo
>>
we wuz romans n sheit: the country
>>
>>496644

im not siding with the rumunians but that meme doesnt apply here
>>
File: Dacian_Draco.jpg (250 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Dacian_Draco.jpg
250 KB, 1024x768
Are Romanians Roman and/or Dacians?
>>
>>496686
They're Gypsies.
>>
>>496686
>dacian draco

That's scythian.

Romanians are roman rape babies.
>>
>>496466
Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine.
>>
>>496693
>>
To be fair, at least Romanians are slavs pretending to be Romans rather than slavs pretending that an ancient empire was Slavic (see: FYROM).
>>
>>496456
I know that Moldovan language actually doesn't exist because it's a dialect of Romanian, and I know that as much as Russia vehemently denies countries' like Ukraine or Belarus existence, they do exactly the same to prove Moldova is its own thing.

Meaning it probably is a region of Romania all things considered. If you guys want to be a Lil' Gypsyland, though, then why not.
>>
>>496695

The symbol itself is from iranic/sarmatian culture. Dacians appropriated it and now it's "le romanian"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draco_%28military_standard%29

>>496699
If Moldovan language doesnt exist, then do does swedish, norwegian, croatian, serbian, montenegrian and so on.

And nobody needs to do shit. Moldovans were acknowledging they are their own thing since the 16th century.
>>
>>496697
They aren't pretending it was Slavic, rather they're saying they aren't Slavs.
>>
>>496697
>Romanians are Slavs

Slavs CANNOT have brown eyes.
>>
File: europe-eyes-general--lig.png (710 KB, 1600x847) Image search: [Google]
europe-eyes-general--lig.png
710 KB, 1600x847
>>496717
>
>>
>>496481
this is not a moldovan

this is either a russian in moldova

or a brainwashed russofied moldovan
>>
>>496754

>Something i disagree with

>automatically a russian

Erry time.

Romanian debating skills everybody.
>>
>>496717
Why do I have brown then?
>>
>>496754
DESU Romania and the EU would be lot better off if Moldova would fuck off on its own Moldova was easily the most retarded part of Romania I visited.
>>
>>496848

>that butthurt
>>
>>496466
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states
>>
>>496873

Cool list. What about it?
>>
Do Romanians seriously think Mihail Viteazul's half a year personal union was the first time Romania was united?
>>
>>496456
>Moldovanon
>Romanian history... all basically one fat lie

Butthurt alert.
>>
>>496879
Idiots in my country do, yes. THe first and only union worth talking about is the 1918 one. Which was enforced by btfo the Hungayan fucking gommies :D:D:D the following year
>>
>>496880

if that's the way to spell "truth" then yea
>>
>/int/
>/pol/
>now /his/
Radu has no limits lmao
>>
File: Romania si MoldovaII .jpg (2 MB, 2409x3441) Image search: [Google]
Romania si MoldovaII .jpg
2 MB, 2409x3441
>>496954

Every day until you accept it gypsyboy.
>>
>>496689

Gr8 b8 m8
>>
I did a bit of wiki read, tell me if I got the gist of it.

>small Dacia tribe got taken by Roman for mining operation
>romans later left the place because they had other more important things to do
>mining outpost still thought themselves Roman
>other Dacians still lived around
>Huns/Mongols raped the little Dacian towns
I stopped reading after those, but they were later transplanted by germanic tribes and other european a bit right? Or did some Dacians survive and they repopulated?
>>
>>497758
Dacians didn't survive as half of them were absorbed either by romans or later the slavs.

The ancestors of the moldovans are the dacians, while the ancestors of the romanians, are the romans.
>>
>>497762
Romans never really invested that much into Romania. You're all fucking dacians for the most part.
>>
File: Balkan_Latin.gif (15 KB, 500x403) Image search: [Google]
Balkan_Latin.gif
15 KB, 500x403
>>497765
Nah, the empire couldn't just retreat from it's territories just like that and lose face infront of it's own citizens.

So Aurelian made a clever move before abandoning Dacia. He create two more regions named "Dacia" south of the danube and told the people they're just going to resettle to another place in Dacia!

This is where the ethnogenesis of the romanian people began, while that of the moldovan people began somewhere in the carpathian moutains
>>
>>496787
Because you're not a Slav but some kind of Jew / Gypsy / Mongol mischling masquerading as one.
>>
These Eastern European nationalist beefs are always funny

Why do you even care, you subhuman?

You live in the poorest gypsy shithole Europe has to offer
>>
>>496456
Even if most states don't resort to outright (conscious) lying, I don't think there's a single state that's official (let's take the stuff they generally teach in schools) take on history doesn't make itself appear in a romantic, biased positive light (well, aside from Germans with their guilt I guess). Generally the younger the state is as a sovereign entity and the more being kicked around by someone stronger there is, the more they tend to make shit up to make up for their butthurt over no real muh heritage. Hungary for example mainly 'only' regards itself from a ridiculously biased perspective (well that often encompasses lying and denial etc. but not as ridiculously as it tends to be in these parts). However, our neighbouring states, having gained independence only in the past century, (mainly Slovakia and Romania) straight up declare Hungarian noblemen as 'Slovakian Kings', make up stories about their origins etc.

Not that I want to start some nationalistic shitflinging contest. I think it's retarded on both sides.
>>
>>496466
>Name one other country (aside balkan countries) that romanticizes the fuck out of it's own history in order to pursue a nationalist rhethoric.

Germany
>every fucking week, with every fucking documentary. (even started romanticising about nazis, with 'muh nazi engineering'

Scandis
>muh ancestors, do not need to explain further

Britbongs
>is it really that hard, their whole culture is a fucking romantic novel

French
>coined the whole national romantic bullshit
>>
>>498048
>declare Hungarian noblemen as 'Slovakian Kings'
Not true. Meme nationalists claim shit like that but official historians reject it altogether.
>>
File: vd3.jpg (918 KB, 2560x1753) Image search: [Google]
vd3.jpg
918 KB, 2560x1753
>>496717
of course they can
>>
>>498048
>Hungary for example mainly 'only' regards itself from a ridiculously biased perspective (well that often encompasses lying and denial etc. but not as ridiculously as it tends to be in these parts)

What biased perspective?

>>498072
There's a difference between interpreting certain historical aspects, and outright lie about or ignore them completely as the foundation of the current state's ideology it is based on
>>
>>498072
>Britbongs

So much this.

>Anglo-Saxons march in and take over Britons
>Vikings come in and subjugate Anglo-Saxons
>Normans come in and subjugate Anglo-Saxons again
>1000 year later some retard with a French name claims to be both Briton and an Anglo
>>
>>498086

How is any of that a lie?
>>
>>498081
dem slav potato noses
>>
>>498096
It's like claiming to be a nazi and a Jew at the same time m8.
>>
>>498083
>There's a difference between interpreting certain historical aspects, and outright lie about or ignore them completely

what are vikings
what are germans considering any shit germanic they find: celts, gauls, goths, vandals, etc.

this is normal, it is true there are new founded states and/or nations that have no history so they invent one, which is cringy, but that shit ain't normal academic history it is written in their books, or they hire some fag jewish historian (mostly britbong) to write it for them and publish it on english.
>>
>>498081
They can't really. See >>497785
>>
File: harta-1856.jpg (65 KB, 665x467) Image search: [Google]
harta-1856.jpg
65 KB, 665x467
>>498102
The modern english people and the state they live in are indeed results of a number of cultures who migrated on the british isles. They don't deny that. They speak the truth.

>>498104

As an example for outright faking history, is the romanians claiming the 1859 "union" was the joint collaboration of Wallachia and Moldova to form a common romanian state. This is outright false, because like i said, they ignore a huge chunk of history, which is the fact that moldovans did not want the union, they resented it and the only reason why it did happen was because France wanted a buffer state against Russia's expansionism in the balkans. And the fact that in the first rounds of elections concerning the problem of union, most moldovans voted "No". This of course cause massive butthurt towards the unionists at the time, so they cried to France and to England for another round, which after foreign intervention, they won, magically. Then in 1866 there was a moldovan revolt against Romania, them wanting to secede, but this shit is literally not taught in schools. Because if they do, Romania loses all historical rights to Moldova and will be in danger to disintegrate.

This is what i'm talking about when i say faking or ignoring history to suit a nationalistic narrative.
>>
>>498163
This is some moon hoax grade shit.
>>
Both Romania and Moldova are non-countries.
>>
>>498184

What? It's known that the events happened since they are recorded, but they are ignored and not released to children in schools because it's against the narrative the state wants to teach children, and instead raise them "patriotic". Shit, even the cultural pillars of the romanian culture which everyone in Romania learns today, were mostly anti-unionists, but you don't hear them talk about it.

Another aspect is ignoring the fact that moldovans never associated themselves with romanians, as far back as the 17th century. They called their language moldovan and their identity moldovan. But again, absolutely no word about this in schools, because it's dangerous to the narrative.
>>
>>498205
So what did moldova ever do except making bad wine and flood Europe with cheap prostitutes and what does Romania want with you ?
>>
is this for real?
https://www.scribd.com/doc/138467278/Dicţionar-Moldovenesc-Roman-ediţia-a-II-a-2011-V-Stati
>>
>>498319

What's that have to do with my reply or my thread.
>>
>>498319
Zdob si Zdub is the only worthwhile thing to come out of Moldova in the last few decades
>>
>>498334

Perfectly valid dictionary IMO
>>
>>498353
Zdob si Zbud is shit. Don't they send that communist trash to Eurovision literally every year because they have no other musicians there?
>>
>>498378

>Eurovision

>Relevant
>>
>>498357
if by valid you mean useless and ridiculous
it's like having an american english - british english dictionary
>>
>>496466
All Anglo cunts, France, Germany, Russia, China, Taiwan, both Koreas, Japan, Turkey.
>>
>>498386

If you read the second edition, it's purpose was to analyze which words from moldovan are pure moldovans, and the ones that are, are translated.
>>
>>498383
More relevant than Moldova at any point of history to be honest familia
>>
>>498404

So why the butthurt then if we're seemingly so irrelevant.
>>
>>498353
this is also a short film worth a watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlvHn2Sp0J8
even though it's in romanian
>>
>>498048
>Hungarian noblemen as 'Slovakian Kings'
Nobody does that

The most extreme nationalist (i.e. non-historians) claim that Great Moravian dukes were 'Slovak kings'
>>
>>498338
Well apparently Moldova is great and roped into Romanian by some trickery. So being probably the greatest steaming heap of crap in the Balkans next to Bosnia I wonder how you Mongolian rape babies plan to eat nevermind build your gypsy mudhuts.
>>
File: 7fe.png (30 KB, 514x352) Image search: [Google]
7fe.png
30 KB, 514x352
>>498441

That's a lot of asshurt from someone who says we're a small irrelevant country. Are you romanian by any chance?
>>
>>496456
Transylvania should have been split respecting ethnic borders, bessarabia should have remained as part of Romania. You have a pretty based anthem, but your language is kinda werid for other romance langague speakers

t. Brazilian
>>
>>498413
I'm not butthurt, I'm making fun of you. Not really hard to distinguish the two.
>>
File: 1334608021843.jpg (18 KB, 559x556) Image search: [Google]
1334608021843.jpg
18 KB, 559x556
>>498413

nobody is butthurt. everyone is laughing at you.
>>
>>498470
splitting Transylvania without massive relocation of people would have been impossible
and even the though of splitting it would be a huge mistake
>>
File: 1438611692005.jpg (26 KB, 320x374) Image search: [Google]
1438611692005.jpg
26 KB, 320x374
>>498478

Kinda is, since nobody can have such irrational hatred towards something they claim is irrelevant.

Yeah i'll just assume you're a gypsy from Romania
>>
>>498456
I am not some thieving gypsy Romanian like you. I am a Hungarian, nevertheless humor me and explain what you mean to accomplish with this thread.
>>
>>498494
>and even the though of splitting it would be a huge mistake

Why? Didn't somhing like that happened during wwii, main reason hungary even allied with Germany there?
>>
File: hqdefault (6).jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (6).jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>498505
>I am not some thieving gypsy Romanian like you.
>I am a Hungarian

but anon, that is even worse, not only are you a gyp, but a non-european one as well.
>>
>>498505
>I am a hungarian

Oh, well then that explains the asshurt then.

So why aren't you discussing the loopholes in romanian historiography, since that is what internet hungarians like to do, instead of clinging onto the apparent relevant irrelevant status of the republic of Moldova.
>>
>>498502
Not even from that part of the world, but it's amusing that a Balkan poopskin like you would assume hatred the moment someone pokes fun at his Soviet hellhore of a country.
>>
>>498520
Not him but Hungary is purely European country. Did you fall for the Mongol meme just because they speak an Uralic language?
>>
>>498527

Joke's on you i live in romanian Moldova.
>>
>>498514
northen transylvania was mosly romanian
western capathians were almost exclusively romanian
southern parts had large german population with a lot of romanians too
center was both romanians and hungarians
east was mostly szekler and hungarian

but the situation is far more complicated, in some cases towns with a mainly hungarian population were surrounded by villages with romanian population etc.

Transylvania had existed for centuries and its creation was also based on geographical factors

in 1940 it was indeed split but that just caused ethnic tensions and didn't help on the long run
>>
So me having blue eyes mean that im slavic?
>>
>>498769
Green*
>>
>>498077
>>498437

Well I might be wrong but I recall being on a class trip in Slovakia somewhere and finding a statue of Csák Máté (Matúš Čák Trenčiansky) the plaquette of which nominated him as a Slovakian king ( IIRC it said he was rebelling against the Hungarian yoke but that might be my overimagination). And I'm almost sure I have experienced the same stuff in Romaina as well. I guess if there's a statue it must be somewhat officially recognised, but I may be wrong about the whole thing.

>>498083

The way Hungarian history is being taught and interpreted in many places accross the country pretty much makes us appear as the ultimate victims of history, impeccable gentlemen of unquestionable merit who have fallen prey to the vilest conspiracies the entirety of the rest of the world cooked up. The government uses a similar rhetoric, but seriously, look into the Orbán system if you don't know what I'm talking about. The truth is that much of what this nation has sufferred was a result of its own idiocy. Even in the face of imminent invasions my countrymen used to be pulling each other's hair over who's going to be king etc. There's a funny saying that the presence of two Hungarians immediately results in at least three politicial factions. But for an exact example, a national monument has been erected in the middle of Budapest that basically nullifies Hungarian responsibility in the Holocaust. See for yourself.

http://www.euractiv.com/sections/central-europe/controversial-monument-divides-hungarians-angers-jewish-community-303656
>>
File: _bw_6961633563.jpg (149 KB, 936x702) Image search: [Google]
_bw_6961633563.jpg
149 KB, 936x702
>>498537
> Did you fall for the Mongol meme just because they speak an Uralic language?

No I fell for the mongol meme, because their ethnicity is Asian by fact, they speak an Uralic language and they are celebrating their Turanic heritage every year in their Pan-Turan festivals.
>>
>>498829
Not the person you originally replied to but genetically Hungarians are a mix of every nation we had dealings with, mainly Germans, Slavs and Turks. No one looks vaguely Asian any more. And I'd be surprised if more than 5% of the country knew what the fuck Kurultáj was. It's far from a national holiday, besides, I think it's biannual. I'd actually love to see something like this once, but the problem is that this sort of stuff is hardly ever frequented by someone who doesn't vote and preach far-right bullshit. Besides, the historical accuracy Hungarian 'traditionalists' usually manage to come up with is near zero.
>>
Hungarian are back stabbing idiots who will sell their moms for 2$, and far right idiots who barely know who hitler was but shout heil hitler 88 hurr durr.
>>
>>498818
>Even in the face of imminent invasions my countrymen used to be pulling each other's hair over who's going to be king etc.

That's eastern European mentality for you. At least your monarchy was hereditary. In Moldova it was hereditary selective, so we ended up with shit tones of rulers for short periods of time (4 years, 2 years, sometimes months or even weeks) which gave the countries around us reason to meddle with our affairs by pushing their own candidate to the throne in order to control the country. Of course this translated badly to the overall stability of the country. Which is why it was such a backwarded shithole at the start of the industrial revolution
>>
>>498818
Gyorgy Dozsa was popular with communists in romania, even the romanian ones and they used a romanian version of his name Gheorghe Doja, but he was always presented as a szekelyi who fought the noblemen
Janos Hunyadi on the other hand is always presented as transylvanian with romanian origins with the name Iancu de Hunedoara
the situation gets more complicated with Matthias Corvinus as some people insist on his romanian ancestry. being born in clausenburg, which is now in romania only helps
>>
>>498818
>but that might be my overimagination
This is definitely the case.
>>
>>498969
Matyas was born in Kolozsvar, which is Cluj today, and always used to be majorly Hungarian before the end of the 1940s.
>>
>>501761
until the 17th century it was mainly german
>>
>>498969
Corvinus was half romanian half serb kek
>>
If you're a Moldovan nationalist you kind of miss the point of nationalism

I'm not sure what the deal is with Moldova but I assume it's some meme creation of communist geopolitical games
>>
>>501784
but what matters is that he was king of hungary, some people actually considering him a great king
>>
File: map-europe-1500-2.jpg (301 KB, 1203x960) Image search: [Google]
map-europe-1500-2.jpg
301 KB, 1203x960
>>501791
> it's some meme creation of communist geopolitical games

Demn filthy commies huh..
>>
>Moldovanon

Don't you EVER get tired of saying the same crap again and again?
>>
File: MoldovaToday.png (204 KB, 800x537) Image search: [Google]
MoldovaToday.png
204 KB, 800x537
>>502970

what are you talking about?
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.