[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, just for fun, let's do a little thought experiment.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 505x426) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 505x426
So, just for fun, let's do a little thought experiment.

Say you are sent back in time to the early Bronze Age and sent to a small village in the Mesopotamian region. You will not die of natural causes, age, or get sick until you live long enough to be in your own time. You automatically speak and understand the language of anyone you speak to. However, you can be killed and injured.

What do you do? You can do nothing and leave peacefully causing no changes in the timeline or try to change history.

What do you do? What changes so you make, if any? Also, you are allowed one item to bring with you. Bringing electronics is not allowed.
>>
I'd bring my calc study sheet. Traveling to some large city and teaching the scholars about things so simple as trig, the value of pi, and even Arabic numerals could put them centuries ahead.
>>
>>495668

Two paths: First path I would just want to be an observer, I wouldn't do anything except hang out in the village for a few decades and then start wandering around to go and observe the cool stuff - being in Bethlehem when Jesus was born, being around for the start of the Roman Empire, I would want to travel around Central Asia and see what it was like before Muslim influence, go to China before the Shang Dynasty came about, visit Japan when it was still Ainu, be in India during the colonial period/during the Mughals, go visit Siddhartha when he was still alive, all that fun stuff. It would be fascinating to see everything up close. When the Victorian age came around I would probably go exploring with people into Africa as well.

Other path, if I wanted to fuck with things, I would bring a physics textbook, I would teach the local people about math, gears, electricity, coal, fashion a printing press and have the book copied and translated so it could be dispersed + found a university to continue teaching people. It would be so so fascinating to see industrialisation in Mesopotamia with the rest of the map still dark. I would continue teaching until they get better than me, and then I would just travel around Europe/Africa/Asia to see things before advanced technology touched them.
>>
>>495668
Anyone would be dead within decades at most. I'd bring along an inconspicuous but good suit of modern armor.
>>
>>495684
This.

The most important thing would be creating a simple, comprehensible phonetic script and simple system of numbers.

After that, try and invent wood pulp paper

May be a little complex for Mesopotamia though.
>>
>>495668
I AM YOU UNAGING GOD

WORSHIP ME!

WORSHIP ME AND DESPAIR!
>>
File: 1410842392499.jpg (98 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1410842392499.jpg
98 KB, 900x900
>>495668
I'd bring a copy of the Call of Cthulhu written in ancient Aramaic.
>>
I would try to invent the printing press so that hopefully so many works would not be lost. I would also try to be a Historian, bringing with me a typewriter.
>>
>>495728
Isn't that just the book of revelations?
>>
>>495742
Yes but more anti-Semitic.
>>
>>495668
Sounds like a pretty cool concept for a movie
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 246x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 246x350
>>495882
>>
>>495668

>>495684
>>495719

The Egyptians knew concepts from Trigonometry, though not in the formal context (the idea of trig stemmed from the time of the Umayyad Caliphate), so I wouldn't be surprised if that kind of information managed to travel East. And teaching the arabic numeral system to people who've never seen it would be quite difficult. You would have to first convince them to switch to your system of counting over theirs.

One more thing, if you're going to introduce an entirely new branch of mathematics (the Calculus) to other people you're going to need more than a study sheet. You would probably need a library full of textbooks and be on par with someone who has a PhD in mathematics in order to introduce the Calculus to the world. You'd literally be trying to teach one thousand years of work in the course of a lifetime.

Also, do not underestimate the ancients intellectual capability. Just don't.

To answer OP's question, I would bring a map of the world.
>>
File: innawoods.jpg (174 KB, 680x650) Image search: [Google]
innawoods.jpg
174 KB, 680x650
>>495668
>Also, you are allowed one item to bring with you
I will bring a large crate, inside the crate will be a Gewehr 98 chambered in 7.92×57mm Mauser, bayonet, cleaning kit, two hundred rounds of 7.92×57mm, a flintlock Kentucky rifle, a large backpack, a leather pouch, a steel tomahawk, a whetstone, a small steel pot, a 1L flask, penicillin, two one hundred ml jars each filled with corn and potato seeds respectively, a book on growing corn and another on growing potatoes and one more on emergency medical care, a professional first aid kit, tube of toothpasta and toothbrush, binoculars, multitool, a poncho, fire steel, a pair of heavy duty Iowa boots, two pairs of Duluth Fire Hose pants, 5 pairs of shirts, two brown wool sweaters, pair of sun goggles, gauze, a bark blue utility vest, some keffiyehs a large wool blanket, compass, sewing kit and finally for trading; about two pounds of assorted gold and silver necklaces, earrings and bracelets and another two pounds of small six inch steel knives.

This is the crate I'm bringing, that crate is the "one item", it's not negotiable. If you have a problem with this you have a problem with a pack of chewing gum or a carton of cigarettes or even a cigarette since it's composed of multiple flakes of tobacco, a filter, paper and adhesive, each one is technically an Item.

>i·tem
>ˈīdəm/
>noun
>1. an individual article or unit, especially one that is part of a list, collection, or set.

The crate will be the individual item, it just happens to also have other items inside of it. Technicalities are a bitch and while admittedly faggotry and likely not what you intended...Well, there it is, dwi.

Anyway, I'm setting myself up a petty fiefdom and advancing human technology as far as I can before conquering nearby peoples and establishing a republic to rule in my stead when I inevitably grow weary.
>>
>>496108
Oh, and I don't have kids...Ever. Since I don't age and will surely be rich and powerful they'll get greedy and eventually try to usurp me the moment they figure out I'm not invulnerable.
>>
>>495668
>It's empire time.

Using knowledge I have, I would attempt to kickstart the industrial revolution, skipping a couple of thousand years of development.
I have the scientific method, and using that I would found universities, that would keep development on track.
Then probably die in some badass way, like in a duel, after successfully having put a man on the moon in the year 1500 BC
>>
>>496108

You can't bring a whole crate of stuff, lad.
>>
>>495739
That's stupid as fuck you hipster piece of shit. Where the fuck do you think you'll find ink ribbons or proper paper? Planning on waiting for them?
>>
I'd bring a Saturn V rocket
>>
>>496108
ONE ITEM CHEATER
>crate is empty
>>
File: printing-rollers-ink-ball-1[1].jpg (30 KB, 188x269) Image search: [Google]
printing-rollers-ink-ball-1[1].jpg
30 KB, 188x269
>>496475
>ink ribbons
Not him, but you should think a bit before you run your mouth.

Not that a printing press would be the first thing I'd take.
>>
It wouldn't even matter what item I'd bring because I'd spent the next thousand years screwing with historians, writing in modern languages on walls etc
>>
>do this
>wisely choose durable almanac incorporating rotation schedules and perpetual calendar
>become massively wealthy grain merchant
>visit cairo
>walking down the streets
>hear street urchin loudly singing what is unmistakeably Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song
>in English

What do?
>>
>>495668
I'd probably try and introduce the printing press way early on. Just the cultural waves this would make and the texts this would provide the modern day would be fucking amazing.
The hard part is IMO getting the ink, and that depends on where you are.

That, and some simpler math they don't know yet, because I'm not that good at it.
>>
You know, a thought I've had: what would've been different if the bicycle had been invented thousands of years earlier? Would it catch on?
>>
Assuming I'll automatically be able to learn and adapt to any language in any age I go to,I'd be fucking with historians by writing about what'll happen in the future in some ancient languages, making up some creepy conspiracy of a secret organization who's been writing all this shit.
>>
File: Ra_movie.jpg (189 KB, 800x589) Image search: [Google]
Ra_movie.jpg
189 KB, 800x589
> You will not die of natural causes, age, or get sick
well if i have god-like powers, then ill expect to be treated as such, so..

>bring with me an extremely large hand gun, the kind thats gonna make a head explode.
>claim to the village that I am 'Anu made flesh'
>demonstate my 'divinity' with a couple head pops
>take up residence atop the ziggurat of Uruk
>use my knowledge of geography etc to dominate natural resources as they naturally become required
>pretty much carry on like Ra in Stargate (1994) keeping the people uneducated of anything beyond serving me
>reach modern time and die
>humanity can finally begin progressing
>mfw i would subject humanity to thousands of years in delays for the chance to be a god-king
>>
>>495668
Fascinating
>>
>>496108
>>>/k/
>>
>>495668
Kind of unrelated, but ive always wondered wht modern defenses might look like if all modern projectile weapons suddenly ceased to work. Lack of materials needed for that, or something. Melee weapons might return to fill thr gap, and the bow industry might suddenly suddenly boom.

If war and conflict increases, walls and compounds might speing up. Whats that look like?
>>
>>495668
I'd unintentionally spread deadly diseases from the future, probably reducing the population of the modern world by 1-20%. I'd try to find sustenance, shelter, clothing, and fresh water. I'd then try to farm with the land, and then get fucked over by a flood. If I survive drowning, I'll go from town to town, trying to trade whatever valuables I looted from the dead in exchange for food and beer. I may not die from natural cause, but I may feel the pain of hunger and thirst. If someone catches on that I'm spreading disease/ a bad omen heralding the coming of disease, I would probably be put to the sword.
>>
>>496108
>Bring books on growing New World crops
>Brings no New World crops
>Brings knowledge on growing crops that would get fucked by floods
Stick to military history please
>>
>>496716
Scratch out
>Brings no New World crops
>>
I'd have sex with all the women I can find. I'll bring a bottle of lube with me.
>>
>>496516
I explained this, the crate has component parts which is the same as any singular item consisting of more than one parts.

>>496463
Well I fucking am, so clearly I can.
>>
>>496716
Might be a problem, I'll have to rely on talking to the people around there to deal with that.
>>
>>496766
they'll all be hairy, muscular and lacking personal hygiene.

You'll likely vomit all over the first one.
>>
>>496108
This is the kid that would keep using an "ultimate invincible shield" when you played pretend on the playground
>>
>>498085
I just like to be prepared.
>>
>>496563
>we come from the land of ice and snow
>>
>>498064
>I explained this

No, you said it. That's different from 'explaining' it. eg, I own a neon pink dog with eight legs and eleven cocks. Having said it, is it true?

If you want to start your own thread where you can take back as much shit as you like, off you toddle. Crates are conceivably empty; 'a packet of cigarettes' is not a packet of cigarettes unless it contains cigarettes, a cigarette is not a cigarette unless it contains tobacco etc. The contents of a crate are not 'component parts' of the crate, since it doesn't cease to be a crate when they're removed.
>>
>>495668
Meet great people, recruit them into a worldwide org.
Since I never die and assumably age doesn't effect me I can stay relatively mentally acute, we illuminati now.
I die knowing I did good
>>
>>498110
>No, you said it.
Nah, I actually did explain why technically it was all one item and explained why if you have a problem with what I specified you logically must have a problem with plenty of other things.

>'a packet of cigarettes' is not a packet of cigarettes unless it contains cigarettes, a cigarette is not a cigarette unless it contains tobacco etc.
>The contents of a crate are not 'component parts' of the crate, since it doesn't cease to be a crate when they're removed.

Would it make you feel better if I said "a crate of survival gear" or my BOB then?
>>
>>498110
Would you be as mad if he had taken a car?
>>
>>498128
>I actually did explain why technically it was all one item

No, you said it was all one item. It nevertheless manifestly is multiple items. eg I own five separate dogs, all of which are actually one dog. Having said it, is it true?

>Would it make you feel better if I said "a crate of survival gear" or my BOB then?

It would make me feel neither better nor worse, nor would it be any more permissible.
>>
>>498145

Of course not. Though you'd have to be retarded to take a car.
>>
>>498150
>Of course not.
A car has multiple parts in it, furthermore it has several parts that if taken out don't change that the item is in fact still a car. The Seats for example, or the gasoline in the gas tank, or the headlights, or the battery. In fact if you took out so much that thecar didn't work it would still be a car just a broken down one. So why does a crate of survival gear or a Bug out Bag bother you but not a car when it's the same principle?
>>
I would break of one of tuning nobs Nero's fiddle so he gets a massive headache well Rome burns, also I'd go backpacking (thing I'd bring with me) around the world for a few millenniums and then steal a sailboat and visit islands. That's it.
>>
>>498177
>A car has multiple parts in it

So do most crates. The point is that they all exist in furtherance of its being a crate, just as the multiple parts of a car all exist in furtherance of its being a car. I never said he couldn't take back an empty crate, did I?

>furthermore it has several parts that if taken out don't change that the item is in fact still a car.

They are all improvements to its function as a car.

The contents of a crate do not exist in furtherance of its being a crate, nor do they serve as improvements to its function as a crate.

The correct analogy would be: Would you be as mad if he took back a car, with the proviso that inside the boot of the car is a whole bunch of other stuff that cars don't necessarily contain? A

And yeah, obviously that also wouldn't be allowed. Re-read the OP.
>>
>>498203
>They are all improvements to its function as a car.
Every additional item in a survival crate is an improvement on its function as a crate full of things needed to survive.

>The contents of a crate do not exist in furtherance of its being a crate, nor do they serve as improvements to its function as a crate

You're going back to crate when I already changed it to survival crate. You also said you'd still have a problem if I had said bug out bag instead.

>The correct analogy would be: Would you be as mad if he took back a car, with the proviso that inside the boot of the car is a whole bunch of other stuff that cars don't necessarily contain?
Considering what I wrote above, that you've directly stated that you don't actually care whether or not the item in question is supposed to have those items or not, I doubt that's your problem.

A crate of survival gear would conceivably have what I listed minus the agricultural stuff, same with the bug out bag. Yet you still have a problem.

More than likely you just really don't like the fact that I weaselled through on a technicality and everyone else is roughing it because they didn't think of it first or looked at it like "cheating" because they got soemthign from the OP that wasn't blatantly or sufficiently stated.

Furthermore, I Limited myself to what I could reasonably carry, something I didn't actually have to do if I got really creative.
>>
File: y7a-y1k5bgl6ph3cs-aa.jpg (174 KB, 774x643) Image search: [Google]
y7a-y1k5bgl6ph3cs-aa.jpg
174 KB, 774x643
I'd bring this
>>
>>498229
>Every additional item in a survival crate is an improvement on its function as a crate full of things needed to survive.

Crates are not built as "crates full of things needed to survive". Crates are built as crates. When a crate is finished being made, that crate is empty.

>You're going back to crate when I already changed it to survival crate.

There is no such thing as a 'survival crate'. A bugout bag is a bag into which multiple items have been placed and is therefore not allowed on the OP.

>you've directly stated that you don't actually care whether or not the item in question is supposed to have those items or not

The fact that a car is supposed to contain everything it was built with is exactly why a car would be permissible.

>More than likely you just really don't like the fact that I weaselled through on a technicality

I have comprehensively and irrefutably demonstrated that you have done no such thing. What you have done is fail to understand the simple English phrase "one item". How proud of that failure you end up convincing yourself to feel is your business.
>>
>>498203
>They are all improvements to its function as a car.
Air conditioning is an improvement on it's function as a car and not on the comfort of the passengers? Turn signals are an improvement on it's function as a car and not on road safety? Seat belts, spare tires, car jacks, glove compartments, bucket seats, all of these are improvements to its function as a car?
>>
>>498263
>all of these are improvements to its function as a car?

Of course. Do you really believe they aren't?
>>
>>498261
>Crates are not built as "crates full of things needed to survive". Crates are built as crates. When a crate is finished being made, that crate is empty.
No, but a survival crate would be.
>There is no such thing as a 'survival crate'.
You get a crate, you fill it with survival gear, you now have a survival crate.

>A bugout bag is a bag into which multiple items have been placed and is therefore not allowed on the OP.
"A car is a frame into which multiple items have been placed and is therefore not allowed in the OP", like I said it you have a problem with a crate you have a problem with a car and tons of other things.

>The fact that a car is supposed to contain everything it was built with is exactly why a car would be permissible.

A crate of survival gear is also supposed to have everything it was built with, a BOB too, yet you still have a problem with those.

>I have comprehensively and irrefutably demonstrated that you have done no such thing.
You've just kikced and shouted that it didn't count and made arbitrary lines that don't even keep out the thing you wanted to keep out.

You failed buddy, failed hard.

>What you have done is fail to understand the simple English phrase "one item".
That seems to be you tbhlad
>>
>>498261
>The fact that a car is supposed to contain everything it was built with is exactly why a car would be permissible.
Would a survival kit have been ok?
>>
he's right, you fucked up OP, should have put a weight limit or specified further.
>>
>>498306
A better question would be:

>would a custom built car have been ok?

Probably have a problem that it wasn't built by a corporation.
>>
>>498296
>No, but a survival crate would be.

So you want to take back a non-existent item? No dice.

>You get a crate, you fill it with survival gear, you now have a survival crate.

Exactly. You get a single item, you fill it with other single items, you now have multiple items. Can't be done.

>"A car is a frame into which multiple items have been placed and is therefore not allowed in the OP"

No, a car is a car. That it consists of multiple parts has already been addressed and need not be addressed again. Your objection is unfounded and I am not responsible for your inability to understand that fact.

>You failed buddy, failed hard.

No. This argument is over, you lost, you know you lost, anyone unfortunate enough to still be reading it knows you lost, the end.

>>498306
>Would a survival kit have been ok?

Assuming that to be an actual thing, I'm inclined to say No, IF a 'survival bag' is a thing people make from a bag they've bought elsewhere and simply put a bunch of stuff into it. A packet of cigarettes would be fine because there's a "bean to cup" process whereby there no component of the end product is made without the end product in mind. If a survival bag consists of a bag made by a company that just makes bags, then it can't really count as a single item (the same goes for each item proposed to be put in the bag).
>>
>>498346
>Assuming that to be an actual thing
JC jfgi
>>
>>498346
>So you want to take back a non-existent item? No dice.
It exists, you make them.....Are you stupid?
>Exactly. You get a single item, you fill it with other single items, you now have multiple items. Can't be done.
Anything with more than one part fits this description.

>No, a car is a car. That it consists of multiple parts has already been addressed and need not be addressed again.
You failed to address it adequately and your explanations provided don't exclude the item I want to bring.

>Your objection is unfounded and I am not responsible for your inability to understand that fact.

My objection stems from your inability to explain why the item I want to bring is not permissible but other items that also meet the same limitations are.

>No. This argument is over, you lost, you know you lost, anyone unfortunate enough to still be reading it knows you lost, the end.

Crybaby.
>>
I've got a sneaking suspicion the Voynich Manuscript is a result of someone doing exactly this.
>>
File: butthurt.jpg (127 KB, 706x720) Image search: [Google]
butthurt.jpg
127 KB, 706x720
>>498346
>No. This argument is over, you lost, you know you lost
holy shit dude
>>
>>498320
no, this jackass fucked up

a crate is one item
a crate with a whole bunch of shit in it isnt
>>
>>498390

What else can I do? He keeps repeating points I've already refuted. Only people who can't admit defeat or actual morons do that. He seems a little too articulate for an actual moron, therefore... you know?
>>
>>498346
>Assuming that to be an actual thing, I'm inclined to say No, IF a 'survival bag' is a thing people make from a bag they've bought elsewhere and simply put a bunch of stuff into it.
>If a survival bag consists of a bag made by a company that just makes bags, then it can't really count as a single item (the same goes for each item proposed to be put in the bag).

You can actually BUY ready made survival kits. This however opens up another contradiction for you, why do you make this distinction between when it's bought as a survival kit and when it's made as one by the user of it?

What if I made and sold survival kits, could I take one of the ones I sell? What if I had a custom made one? Would that now suddenly be ok?

Your logic has a lot of holes in it mister.
>>
I'd honestly just have sex with as many women as I could. Try to make myself some local diety who blesses women by deflowering them.

I'd also want to see how many generations I could produce by breeding my female descendants.

I'd help the locals by suggesting ideas and leaving them to figure out the implementations.

I'd also build a hand cannon like the one Captain Kirk builds when he fights that Lizardman in Star Trek.
>>
>>495949
>The Egyptians knew concepts from Trigonometry, though not in the formal context (the idea of trig stemmed from the time of the Umayyad Caliphate), so I wouldn't be surprised if that kind of information managed to travel East. And teaching the arabic numeral system to people who've never seen it would be quite difficult. You would have to first convince them to switch to your system of counting over theirs.
You're kind of ignorant, the Sumerians were advanced with numbers, they had a decimal system that was also Base 60.

The Middle East was more advanced than Egypt prior to Dynastic Egypt existing. Egypt was the America of that period.
>>
>>498393
I think he's right but didn't respect the spirit of the OP, I think OP is right but should have specified further.

tl;dr, they're both right in their own way.
>>
>>498390
Those machines are like 20 years old. Whoever made that image was just too fucking old to be making such images for 4chan.
>>
>>498435
Anon, those machines have existed since the thirties
>>
File: s368.jpg (62 KB, 816x612) Image search: [Google]
s368.jpg
62 KB, 816x612
>>495668
Shit man i have no idea what i would do
travle the lands to start with i guess i mean i have a few thousand years to kill
mabey find a nice little town and give em a shit of agriculture and any other "modern" shit i know of the back of my hand

this is probably what i would bring
>>
>>498420
Forgot to include my item.

I would bring a small wood burning steam engine. One that just spins a wheel I can attach a belt to.
>>
>>498416
>This however opens up another contradiction for you, why do you make this distinction between when it's bought as a survival kit and when it's made as one by the user of it?

This isn't a contradiction. I don't know how many different ways you can tell someone that a bag containing multiple items is not a single item.

Re-read the example of the packet of cigarettes, it explains literally every objection you're raising here.

Specifically, if you made and sold survival kits, I could allow that if and only if each item in the kit, including the bag, was made either by you or by a contractor working specifically for you (even if they worked for other people also). So for each item, at every stage in its manufacture, it would need to be true that you could stop it on the conveyor belt (or whatever) and say "What's this?" and have the response be "Oh, that's a compass, it's for Anon's Time Travel Survival Kits Ltd". If the answer is "That's a compass, we sell those to literally anybody with money" then again no dice.
>>
>>498445
>another one of these

Come on!
>>
>>498448
>Specifically, if you made and sold survival kits, I could allow that if and only if each item in the kit, including the bag, was made either by you or by a contractor working specifically for you (even if they worked for other people also). So for each item, at every stage in its manufacture, it would need to be true that you could stop it on the conveyor belt (or whatever) and say "What's this?" and have the response be "Oh, that's a compass, it's for Anon's Time Travel Survival Kits Ltd"
Ok, then assume that's true for my Survival Crate, can we get passed the sand in your vagina now?
>>
>>498444
i would probably wrapp the handle with some leather or fabric if its fancy looking

dont want someone sneaking up behind me and smashing my head in because they saw muh fancy kukri
>>
>>498448
>This isn't a contradiction

yeah it kinda is
>>
>>498457
>Ok, then assume that's true for my Survival Crate

No.

>>498474

Elaborate.
>>
>>498479
>No
Why not? I have a small rural warehouse where I make survival crates, and compasses and rifles, and ammo and all that stuff are made by a contractor. It's legit, your arbitrary lines have been met. You should be happy.

You still have a problem though.
>>
>>498479
>Elaborate
you're saying that one object is ok but another object isn't even though what the object is didn't change just how it was made and who made it
>>
>>498479
>>498507

Just admit that this:
>More than likely you just really don't like the fact that I weaselled through on a technicality and everyone else is roughing it because they didn't think of it first or looked at it like "cheating" because they got soemthign from the OP that wasn't blatantly or sufficiently stated.

Is your problem and not any made up principle you feel I'm trampling upon.
>>
In retrospect OP you probably just should have let it go.
>>
>>498507
>Why not?

Because it's both untrue and against the spirit of the OP. What if you're a reclusive billionaire who has an underground lair with clone soldiers and plasma rifles in the 40kW range? Do you get to take that?

>>498533
>Just admit that this
>I saw an arbitrary restriction in a speculative thread and tried unsuccessfully to negotiate a loophole in that restriction because I'm a bit short on things to feel good about right now

It certainly is not my problem, dog.

>>498518
>how it was made and who made it

Not how, but why. If someone wants to take back a chocolate chip cookie, they certainly can. If they only want to take back a chocolate chip FROM a chocolate chip cookie, that's fine, too. Understanding that is all you need.
>>
>>498557
>Not how, but why.
that doesn't make sense, i think you're trolling now anon
>>
>>498557
>>498557
>Because it's both untrue
Prove it, you have no way of proving it isn't true and that it meets your arbitrary specifications. My survival kit stays, minus the agricultural stuff, we don't actually make those neither does our contractor.

>It certainly is not my problem

I've successfully proven that your restrictions are both arbitrary and nonsensical sir. Your logic doesn't hold and your specifications are sheer madness.
>>
So does this mean I can take a hot air balloon?
>>
Introduce the locals to the magic of saltpeter, charcoal, and sulfur.
>>
>>498595
I still want to know about the steam engine.
>>
>>498588
>Prove it

You made the claim, you back it up.

>I've successfully proven nothing, but I'm not going to listen anyway

>>498584
>that doesn't make sense

Then I can't help you.
>>
>>498597
>saltpeter, charcoal, and sulfur.
Hells yeah nigga, why do you think I'm taking a Kentucky rifle?
>>
>>498603
>You made the claim, you back it up.
Susan from accounting was supposed to make the website and handles all the tech stuff, she's on vacation.

Adversely, what if I just had the kit custom made by contractor and all the stuff inside made by contractor and just sold them afterwards? Now it also meets your specifications and I don't have to prove shit because it's all speculative.
>>
this is entertaining
>>
File: 3015062728_6b27f9a6ae.jpg (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
3015062728_6b27f9a6ae.jpg
30 KB, 500x375
>>498603
>>
I guess I'd study local medical works and work as a healer of sorts since I'd be invincible against any infections of viruses. I don't think doctors have typically been targets of violence or persecution so that would probably be safe, and it would possibly allow me into places of importance and see big name people.

Although, I suppose I'd have to move from one town to another every 20 years or so to keep people from thinking I'm an immortal and making me answer to local religious authorities.
>>
>>498689
>I don't think doctors have typically been targets of violence or persecution
Not unless their charges died under their care.
>>
>>498624
>Now it also meets your specifications and I don't have to prove shit

Well, you do if you want to claim it exists in order for you to take it.
>>
I'd bring back a copy of Lolita and rewrite it in its entirety word for word on series of clay slabs in Sumerian script and leave it in the same cave where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered.
>>
carve banes and cias into stone monuments around the world
>>
Would be great fun to be a Nostradamus-like prophet, successfully predicting all kinds of shit, then being like "The world will end without warning in 2020". Freak everyone the fuck out.
>>
>>498719
I'd have it made then take it.

OP doesn't specify when I'm going or that it can't be a custom ordered job I request from the same magic taking me to the bronze age.
>>
>>498757

You'd better be damn sure that contractor doesn't skimp or pull any shady subcontracting shenanigans, or you'll be sitting in the desert, looking at an empty crate, thinking "Shit, I should have gone with the almanac."
>>
>>498778
Will do.
>>
>>498778
So all that just so you could cave in? Fuck man.
>>
>>495668
warn julius caesar
>>
Only one thing? That's a difficult choice.
No matter what I brought, I would likely end up either aiding empire building or travel a lot.
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.