[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a single philosophy which isn't ultimately an appeal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1451677193713.png (264 KB, 526x584) Image search: [Google]
1451677193713.png
264 KB, 526x584
Is there a single philosophy which isn't ultimately an appeal to emotion?
>>
Only religion, if you consider that philosophy.
>>
Scientism..... But there is a lot of bias in science, especially social science
>>
File: 1441678556375.gif (856 KB, 175x200) Image search: [Google]
1441678556375.gif
856 KB, 175x200
Why do /pol/ and /his/ discredit emotions? It almost seems like they're almost in denial of having them, despite the fact that emotions regulate and filter what information comes before the persons "logic" and "reason" kicks in.

I think these people associate themselves with the ideas in their minds, which are not their own. I think they're at least a tiny bit inauthentic.
>>
>>494414
Science isn't based in emotion? LOL
>>
>>494555
>I think they're at least a tiny bit inauthentic.
Nice try, Sartre.
>>
>>494414
lel
>>
Ask me how I know you haven't studied any philosophy
>>
>>494555
Emotions often obscure truth
>>
>>494570
Well science is sort of based on it, because you can't use science to prove scientific truths, science presupposes science and mathematics
>>
>>494382
analytical philosophy
>>
>>494598

You think Sartre was the only existentialist?

>>494598

>Emotions often obscure truth

And? I it wont necessarily make you more or less happy, or live with more or less purpose.
>>
>>494702

>You think Sartre was the only existentialist?

was meant for >>494571
>>
metaphysics/ontology
phil of math/logic
phil sci
phil history
phil language
epistem

etc etc
>>
>>494382

YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT PHILOSOPHY IS, OR IN WHAT IT CONSISTS.
>>
File: Vilfredo-Pareto-Quotes-2.jpg (130 KB, 586x403) Image search: [Google]
Vilfredo-Pareto-Quotes-2.jpg
130 KB, 586x403
Not really, desu senpai
>>
>>494382
What's a MOOT?
>>
>>494598

So do 'facts'.
>>
>>495299
A miserable pile of girl wanting.
>>
>>494742

Thank you, REI. Glad to see you.

Opie, you are, as always, a faggot.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.