[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bunny has read many books and has learned many, many things about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 34
File: Professor Bunford.jpg (28 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
Professor Bunford.jpg
28 KB, 500x334
Bunny has read many books and has learned many, many things about history. Ask Bunny anything, and Bunny will do best to answer your questions.
>>
>>494225
How many dicks has OP sucked in the past year?
>>
>>494225
How many dicks can I fit in my ass
>>
File: 1280px-RabbitEating.jpg (196 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1280px-RabbitEating.jpg
196 KB, 1280x960
>>494251

One fewer than one.

>>494257

Bunny doesn't know, and cannot know without inspecting your anus.

Bunny is quite disappointed, these are not history questions.
>>
>>494225
Were Byzantines Romans?
>>
>>494264
Why are Italians so stupid
>>
>>494264
>>494225
This is pretty gay to be honest
Get out, faggot
>>
File: Roman Rabbit.jpg (23 KB, 230x181) Image search: [Google]
Roman Rabbit.jpg
23 KB, 230x181
>>494270

Bunny thinks that to answer that question, Bunny would first need to begin with "What makes the Romans Roman" If Bunny were to assume, for instance, that it was solely a matter of genetics, well, quite a few of the Western Romans wouldn't be Roman. If Bunny asserted that all those who followed a governance which stemmed from Roman traditional rule and followed Roman governmental forms, Bunny would have to conclude that many later European polities were also "Romans" Is it following a certain religion? Character? Mode of architecture?

Ultimately, Bunny would say that the question devolves into either an exercise in political legitimacy, or, since Bunny's personal political opinions tend towards anarchism, of mere opinion. Bunny thinks they were not, as the Eastern Romans always had a profoundly different culture and character to the Western Romans, far more Greek, and for much of their history, far more feudal than the "Classic" Romans ever did; thus branching them off into a separate entity rather than a continuation of the same.
>>
How did the Vandal kingdom end up in North Africa?
>>
File: universitybunny1.jpg (88 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
universitybunny1.jpg
88 KB, 375x375
>>494290

Bunny knows that if you believe your near contemporary sources, they were invited as protection of the local governor from Imperial displeasure.

Bunny is not sure whether or not this is credible; equally plausible seems to be that they were simply migrating on the path of least resistance and most plunder, and that took them to Tunisia. Lacking anywhere else easily plunderable from there, they set up shop.
>>
Are slavs scythians?
>>
Any thoughts on how digital documentation and web archives might affect historiography in the 21st Century, specially Annales historiography?
>>
>>494306

Bunny thinks this is extremely unlikely. Proto-Slavic language similarities with what you had in the Baltics indicates that their origins were probably there, not around the Black sea.
>>
>>494297
Thank you Bunny, you sure know a lot about history!
>>
>>494225
Did bunnies ever effect history?
>>
What sort of sweets did people eat throughout history? I know the Arabs invented cubes of sugar they called Kandi or something and exported them to Europe along the Silk Road and Mediterranean, but I have always been interested in a more in-depth history of sweets.
>>
>>494313

Bunny thinks that it's fairly intuitive that greater access to information, especially if it's indexed easily, will make the sort of longitudinal analysis inherent in Annales historiography easier to do. It will also make such analysis far more precise for future historians studying present day trends than current historians studying events in the past.

Bunny thinks though, that the difference won't truly be profound. Historians have a way of digging up relevant material, and while more is better, the discipline isn't likely to fundamentally change simply because more and better data is available.
>>
Mr. Bunny, what defines the "white" race? I have deduced it to Europeans and their descendants across the world.
Also, what is a nation?
>>
File: apology bunny.jpg (273 KB, 1600x1246) Image search: [Google]
apology bunny.jpg
273 KB, 1600x1246
>>494329

Bunny knows that the spread of rabbits into Europe about 40,000 B.C. had profound ecological effects that some credit with the decline of H Neanderthalis.

Bunny also knows that on a smaller scale, bunnies wrecked the first Portuguese colonization attempt of Porto Santo. We iz sowwies.

>>494333

Bunny does not know much about this, sowwies to say. Bunny knows that before the widespread introduction of sugar, a lot of it was based on honey and sweeter fruits, but that's about it.
>>
>>494374
Didn't Hitler have a pet rabbit?
>>
>>494357
Their fur is white. Some bunnies change color depending on the season.
>>
>>494374
WE
>>
File: curious bunny.jpg (14 KB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
curious bunny.jpg
14 KB, 426x240
>>494357

Bunny does not think anything defines the "White" race, at least not as such that can be agreed upon by all people so trying to define "whiteness" Bunny thinks it's a silly category anyway.

Bunny thinks that a nation is a political organization that exercises a monopoly of legitimate violence over a given geographic area.
>>
>>494387
IZ
>>
>>494390
SOWWIES
>>
File: bunnies.jpg (1 MB, 2774x1268) Image search: [Google]
bunnies.jpg
1 MB, 2774x1268
>>494383

As far as bunny knows, Hitler had no pets.
>>
>>494388
Anarchist bunny, I see.
Could you try and give me a perspective less biased?
I know the classical definition of a nation, and am a bit upset at its deterioration. How could you define it properly?

Also, what happens in an Anarchist society? How does it work? How do people cooperate?

Is a formation of a rule not bound to happen?
>>
Bunny what can you tell me about taxation in history? More specifically Roman, Medieval and Industrial times. I assume that there were people employed to collect taxes from door to door, but how did they know how much a farmer must pay? Also how did feudal vassals pay taxes to their liege?
>>
>>494398
Besides his german shepered Blondi....
And a pet deer...
And a few other pets for a little while.
He was a big animal lover.
>>
>>494401
Please show me a single bunny dictator.
>>
>>494225
How does Bunnies perfect society look?
>>
>>494402
Oo.
This, also the development of Ursury (as the traditional Christian meaning) and it's acceptance over time. It seems like just after the middle ages.
>>
>>494398
he those look kinda like hitler bunnies.
>>
>>494408
>>
Tell me about the Himyarite Kingdom. Where did they come from? Where did they go? What was their version of Judaism like?
>>
File: cashrabbit.jpg (38 KB, 650x372) Image search: [Google]
cashrabbit.jpg
38 KB, 650x372
>>494401

Bunny is not sure why you would think that the classical definition of nations, or the nations themselves are deteriorating. What is wrong with the definition Bunny used?

As for what happens, well, from personal experience, there is a lot of hopping around the meadow, digging holes, and nibbling grass and bushes. Bunnies mostly co-operate on an ad-hoc basis, when watches need to be kept or the like.

The closest thing to a formation of rule that is bound to happen is that one bunny starts demanding other bunnies groom him or her. But most of the other bunnies ignore this.

>>494402

Bunny knows that Roman taxation was often subcontracted to private collectors, whom were empowered to take as much as they could get away with, pay a certain cut to their bosses, and kept the rest as profits for their work. There was no set amount to pay, just "as much as you can squeeze out of them". Caused problems.

As for feudal times, if bunny remembers bunny's reading right, it was often spelled out in the contracts that bound a lord to a vassal; often expressed in such terms as given rows of crops, or certain projects to be fulfilled, or services rendered.

By the time of the industrial revolution, more standardized taxes, paid in money were common.
>>
>>494437
Why can a bunny not form a centralized autocratic government to spearhead new and revolutionary changes for the bunny people?
>>
speaking in third person and doing this pseudo-rp is pretty cringey
Isn't it, bunny
>>
File: tumblr_n5r5x6WE8Q1tau3pmo1_500.jpg (64 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5r5x6WE8Q1tau3pmo1_500.jpg
64 KB, 500x500
>>494406

Bunny admits, does not know much about Herr Hitler's personal life, and was never much interested in it.

>>494413

Bunny thinks bunny utopia would have fewer loud humans and more bunnies. Exceptionally disruptive humans might have to be sent to the time-out corner, or even the carrot mines.

>>494416

Bunny has not really looked into the subject, but would hazard a guess that as trade became widespread again, with larger distances that goods were traveling, more frequently, and with subsequently greater capital needs to mount mercantile expeditions, it would increase the need for credit and lending, and the charging of interest would come about as lending becomes less personal and more commercial.

But bunny realizes this is just a guess.

>>494430

Bunny is sorry to say that has literally never heard of them before now. But Bunny likes Judaism, as it commands humans not to eat bunnies.
>>
>>494451
SHUT UP HE IS REAL!
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 620x387
>>494437
I'm eating rabbit right now
>>
File: A9Cez50.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
A9Cez50.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
>>494443

Why would bunny need to?
>>
>>494455
>Bunny is sorry to say that has literally never heard of them before now.
I hadn't heard of them before I started playing Attila: Total War a few days ago. They were Arab guys in modern day Yemen and Sudan who adopted Judaism for a while.
>>
>>494225
Does Bunny think that Communism could ever succeed in the ideals it tries to acomplish?
>>
File: hobsbawn2.jpg (130 KB, 465x472) Image search: [Google]
hobsbawn2.jpg
130 KB, 465x472
Was he a Marxist because he was interested in the 19th century, or was he interested in the 19th century because he was a Marxist?
>>
File: Bunny-Has-a-Tiny-Backpack.jpg (103 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
Bunny-Has-a-Tiny-Backpack.jpg
103 KB, 600x337
>>494483

Bunny would hazard a guess that if they were anything like the Khazars some centuries later, they probably only had a monarchy and upper nobility who converted, as opposed to a mass conversion; and it was likely to try to avoid getting entangled in ERE religious wars that were always cropping up.

>>494486

No, Bunny thinks that Communism is fatally flawed, not only in its assumptions about human behavior, but in its fundamental economic assumptions leading to the conditions necessary to spark popular revolution against something as abstract as an economic system.
>>
File: rabbit2.jpg (74 KB, 580x322) Image search: [Google]
rabbit2.jpg
74 KB, 580x322
>>494490

Bunny would guess the latter, he was affiliated with communist parties before he went to Cambridge. But Bunny has not done any real in depth study.
>>
What can Bunny tell me about the matriarchal societies in the stone ages?
I remember that I was taught this at school, and wondered how much evidence do we have of them?
>>
>>494225
Bunny, what is the core differances between the Orthodox and Catholic churches? Where does the Orthodox faith get practiced?
>>
>>494535
As a non-bunny, Orthodoxy is practised in the Balkans, Russia, and Ethiopia.
>>
>>494539
Ethiopia?
>>
>>494544
Yep!

Don't ask me why.
>>
>>494528

Bunny does not know much about them, outside of what he read in Robert Graves's work on Greek mythology. Bunny seems to remember a lot of emphasis on fertility rituals, with the dominant social class more a caste of priestesses rather than a single queen.

>>494535

Bunny is not really sure, as not really beleiving in Christianity at all, bunny is not entirely clear about the different doctrinal and theological differences between the different branches.

Bunny does know, however, that Orthodoxy is mostly practiced in Russia, the various ex-Soviet states, a lot of the Balkan states, Romania, Greece, Bulgaria, and has small followings in Turkey.

Bunny did forget about Ethiopia, thanks to kind anon for mentioning it.>>494539
>>
>>494569
>>494564
>>
Bunny can you tell me what happened in annexed lands of countries?
After a war when a piece of land was given by a country to another one,
how were the inhabitants treated?
Did they ever get any special rights, less rights?
Were they given citizenship?
How was that land administered?
What can you tell me about this topic in general.
>>
>>494466
Is it because why would a bunny need to, or that it doesn't have the capability.
>>
>>494583
This varies a lot.
Russian Königsberg had mass deportation and forced migrations postWW2
Swedish Skåne were just treated as backwater peasants after it was conquered, (with a few farms and villages burned to the ground for suspicion of harbouring a pro-Danish rebel)
>>
File: bunny tongue.jpg (113 KB, 1267x800) Image search: [Google]
bunny tongue.jpg
113 KB, 1267x800
>>494583

Bunny would like to point out that more political entities than Bunny can count have been annexed throughout history, and different conquerors have had different objectives and apparati for administering new areas. There is no one answer to this question.

>>494591

Bunny thinks that the way of life for bunnies does not need to change.
>>
Keep up with the good work, Bunny. While you are at it, who are your favourite historians and why?
>>
>>494607
Bunny enjoys John Green
>>
File: 1448945061232.jpg (52 KB, 600x754) Image search: [Google]
1448945061232.jpg
52 KB, 600x754
>>494225
Bunny, what is morality?
>>
What does Bunny think about religion?
>>
File: thumbs-up1.jpg (473 KB, 1698x1131) Image search: [Google]
thumbs-up1.jpg
473 KB, 1698x1131
>>494604
You have certainly changed your life, by reading many books and learning to operate a computer, much less speak and type a language and learn how to purchase such things.
Why can bunnies not be equal to humans?
Oh wait
>>
File: reading_bunny.jpg (43 KB, 575x389) Image search: [Google]
reading_bunny.jpg
43 KB, 575x389
>>494607

Bunny quite likes VDH, even if Bunny does not agree with everything he writes, especially political views. Bunny is also a fan of Hastings, Bury, Keegan, and Maccoby.
>>
>>494624
How does bunny feel about Kenneth Clark?
>>
File: computer bunny.jpg (38 KB, 504x254) Image search: [Google]
computer bunny.jpg
38 KB, 504x254
>>494617

Morality is organizing what makes something nice and what makes something mean.

>>494620

Bunny thinks that religion is an extremely powerful tool for forging in and out groups among humans. Bunny admits to a certain partiality for Judaism because it tells people not to eat bunnies.

>>494621

Bunny thinks it is not quite modest to say so, but thinks that bunnies are considerably superior to humans.
>>
>>494624

Bunny, what is, in your opinion, the top 5 battles which had the most impact on history?
>>
What is some advice Bunny would give to humans?
>>
>>494637
French Revolution.
Battle of waterloo
American Revolution
Stalingrad
D-day
>>
File: yummy paper.jpg (157 KB, 598x756) Image search: [Google]
yummy paper.jpg
157 KB, 598x756
>>494633

Bunny does not really know much about art history, certainly not enough to comment on one historian as opposed to another. Bunny is also slightly annoyed at how many museum staff chase Bunny through halls and think Bunny would nibble the paintings.
>>
File: bugs-goes-splat.jpg (187 KB, 1024x563) Image search: [Google]
bugs-goes-splat.jpg
187 KB, 1024x563
>>494635
>bunnies are superior to humans
I will squash your inferior species.
>>
>>494644
French Revolution and the American Revolution
aren't really battles...
>>
>>494650
Fine, storming of the bastille and battle of bunker hill.
Idk.
I'm not bunny, just IMO
>>
Does Bunny listen to human music, if so what music does he listen to?
>>
File: naptime bunny.png (256 KB, 542x412) Image search: [Google]
naptime bunny.png
256 KB, 542x412
>>494637

One: Salamis
Two: 1st Marne
Three: Cannae
Paw: Red Cliffs
Many: Siege of Byzantium, the 657 one.

>>494641

Bunny thinks humans, in general, should nap more. Would be far less cranky if did this.
>>
File: headphone bunny.jpg (438 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
headphone bunny.jpg
438 KB, 1000x667
>>494649

Bunny thinks that this resort to violence at the first sign of intellectual challenge is exactly why bunnies are superior.

>>494659

Bunny likes to listen to all sorts, but especially lullabies.
>>
Bunny, what are the largest and most terrifying pirate fleets in history?
>>
>>494673
>implying bunnies don't bite the shit out of people when they feel intellectually inferior to humans
Why has bunny never don't anything relevant other than piggy back off of man's achivements?
>>
What is the meaning of life?
>>
What do you think about the Sonderweg approach of German development, particularly its impact (and criticism) in European historiography post-WW2?
>>
File: airsniff.jpg (237 KB, 580x869) Image search: [Google]
airsniff.jpg
237 KB, 580x869
>>494681

Bunny is not entirely sure, but thinks that Cheng Puo Tsai had the largest pirate force in history, some 50,000 or so.

>>494686

Bunnies have better things to do, like nibbling lettuce.

And bunnies only bite when feel scared. Of physical dangers, not from somebunny proving you dumb.
>>
File: Bunny helmet.jpg (20 KB, 280x344) Image search: [Google]
Bunny helmet.jpg
20 KB, 280x344
>>494699

Bunny knows this one! It's a Monty Python movie. Bunny saw it over the weekend.

>>494705

Bunny is not really aware of its impact in historiography in general; however, to Bunny's rather amateur perspective, Bunny thinks that it is a vast oversimplification, brought about by a general antipathy in the intellectual world to reactionary military aristocracies.

Prussia, and later Germany wasn't the first state to demonstrate that form of government, and Bunny can cite plenty of other examples that didn't launch into revanchist, genocidal campaigns.
>>
>>494718
Thank you very much Bunny for answering all of my arbitrary questions now I'm going to follow you advice and go to sleep, goodnight.
>>
File: baby-bunny-with-a-backpack.jpg (43 KB, 499x469) Image search: [Google]
baby-bunny-with-a-backpack.jpg
43 KB, 499x469
Bunny thinks OP is a faggot
>>
File: Greek-Roman-Museum.jpg (51 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Greek-Roman-Museum.jpg
51 KB, 500x375
>>494289
>bunny is a retard
>roman culture is founded on greek culture and character
>>
>>494402
Read the book For Good and Evil: the impact of taxes on the course of civilization
>>
>>494866

>Roman culture is greek culture
>While posting a picture with marble statues
>Laughingbronzecasters.jpg
>>
What does Bunny think of Jared Diamond's The Third Chimapanzee and Guns, Germs, and Steel?
>>
>>494225
History Bunny, Who is your favorite Russian Tsar?
>>
>>494388
Bunny has some real problems with states and nations and should probably stick to periods prior to 1400 given the facile presentation of this theoretical point.
>>
File: image.png (386 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
image.png
386 KB, 600x337
Is Frith the One True God?
>>
File: t. carnivore.png (364 KB, 550x376) Image search: [Google]
t. carnivore.png
364 KB, 550x376
>>495757
its etymology would suggest 'no'
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.