[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robert, slavery is evil! From my point of the view the abolitionists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 15
File: grant and lee.jpg (188 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
grant and lee.jpg
188 KB, 1280x720
Robert, slavery is evil!

From my point of the view the abolitionists are evil!

WELL THEN YOU ARE LOST!
>>
File: 1450903417598.jpg (750 KB, 1857x749) Image search: [Google]
1450903417598.jpg
750 KB, 1857x749
>>492842
TIS THE SEASON, THEN.
>>
>>492842
Sherman was a fag that simply committed atrocities after the CSA had finally lost. Lee regularly kicked ass while outnumbered and outgunned.
>>
>>493024
Go home confederaboo
>>
>>493218
>There is le nothing wrong with le March to the sea
>>
>>493395
>implying there was anything wrong with it
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.
>>
>>493440
>fight a war with your countrymen to say that you are our fellow countrymen
>scorch, burn, and starve
>>
>>493456
>war is bad
wow, we got sherlock holmes on the case here.
>>
>>493456
Should have considered that before committing treason you dirty hicks.
>>
>secedes from the USA
>Attacks a fort
>Invades Kentucky
>Attempts to invade California
>>
>>493456
Makes you rebels think twice before lashing out against the Empire!
>>
>>493024
>the war was almost over! its wrong to keep fighting!

I bet you think Dresden was war crime too.
>>
>>493024
Lee's battles fall into three categories: 1) fought against a grossly incompetent enemy, 2) saved by the audacity of his subordinates, or 3) defeat. With his advanced age and illness he might as well not have been there.
>>
>>493024
Yeah. Lee, Jackson, and the rest of them in Virginia/the mid-Atlantic theater were certainly able to hold down the fort but it wasn't enough. They're comrades in the west failed, the Confederate government had terrible foreign policy and had to deal with fighting a war based off of state-rights philosophy (some Confederate states stopped paying taxes to the central Confederate government because they loved freedom so much), and the US/Unionist forces were great at keeping their troop numbers up (even though quite a bit of that was unethical conscription).

And the ~200,000 former slaves that joined the Union forces didn't help the CSA much either.
>>
>>493864
Better hoist up the Union jack then, clearly rebelling against the United Kingdom was treason.

>>493974
This desu. Lee wasn't really that exceptional imho, he was just fighting incompetent political generals and his subordinates actually were exceptional.
>>
>>493974
well this post doesn't seem biased at all.
>>
File: leave lee to me.jpg (10 KB, 299x380) Image search: [Google]
leave lee to me.jpg
10 KB, 299x380
More tears from the Robert E. Leeaboos please.
>>
>>492842
So you know nothing about Robert Lee then.
>>
>>494000
but its true. Lee has always won through superior information against inexperienced opponents, when all things are even, and he doesn't have Stonewall Jackson anymore, you get Gettysburg.
>>
>>493999

>Better hoist up the Union jack then, clearly rebelling against the United Kingdom was treason.

It was.
>>
File: Stonewall Jackson.jpg (946 KB, 1207x1750) Image search: [Google]
Stonewall Jackson.jpg
946 KB, 1207x1750
>>496685
Tbf, you are completely ignoring that three of the bloodiest days of fighting (and quite probably the most casualties inflicted on the AoP) occurred AFTER Jackson's death. The Wilderness, Cold Harbor, and Spotsylvania, were all tactical defeats for the Union in which they suffered Loonytoon casualties but just kept on fighting anyways.

It also ignores the fact that while Jackson was good at certain kinds of warfare (mainly anything involving rapid offense or utilizing hidden terrain features), he was also terrible at other kinds of warfare (conventional assaults or defensive actions). I would make the argument that Longstreet was a better overall general even.

AP Hill and Ewell were pretty mediocre though. The Confederacies biggest loss in Jackson was not being able to replace him with any half-way decent.

>>496658
>Leave Lee to me
Nice job taking almost the same amount of casualties as the enemy while holding a heavily entrenched high ground position. Then proceeding to take more casualties in one month of fighting than the previous casualties for like 3 years.

Of course, everything after Gettysburg was just Meade acting as a messenger boy from Grant to the Corps commands.
>>
File: 1383442400979.png (73 KB, 307x363) Image search: [Google]
1383442400979.png
73 KB, 307x363
>>492842
>>
>>497323
>Yankee tears
Who says we're crying about it. You're the faggots that won't let it go
>>
File: Sherman-Full-Length.jpg (46 KB, 344x480) Image search: [Google]
Sherman-Full-Length.jpg
46 KB, 344x480
>>497323

BOO
>>
>I confess, without shame, that I am sick and tired of fighting — its glory is all moonshine; even success the most brilliant is over dead and mangled bodies, with the anguish and lamentations of distant families, appealing to me for sons, husbands, and fathers … it is only those who have never heard a shot, never heard the shriek and groans of the wounded and lacerated … that cry aloud for more blood, more vengeance, more desolation.
>>
>>497345
>>497396
And yet Northerners constantly post shit like this and treat Southerners as second class citizens.

I come from the West, so I don't really identify with either party, but Northerners deserve literally all the scorn they get from the South.

I find it funny that the North essentially fought a war to keep people in their country, and then excludes those same people from every aspect of social and economic domestic integrity that they can.
>>
>>497440

>Posts meme picture
>Gets vitriol in return
>Whines about it

Well isn't this just a microcosm of the entire civil war right here.

The south earned its modern day scorn by acting like children all the way through reconstruction and beyond.
>>
>>497461
I didn't post the original picture friend.

I was just trying to give you some perspective.
>>
>>497440
>excludes those same people from every aspect of social and economic domestic integrity that they can.

kind of like what the south did to freed slaves after the civil war?

also how do southerners deal with the idea that people from New Jersey, Connecticut and Delaware whooped up the >muhh brave soldiers.
>>
>>493864
>>493582
>you will be my brother at the muzzle of a rifle
>>
>>493945
Not saying that, but people think Sherman was some hero it genius. Really, he was an American-killing cunt.
>>
>>493974
He did this outnumbered and outgunned. It's hardly his fault the union generals were retarded.
>>
>>497440

>funny

well, thats kind of how every losing side in every war gets treated

look at south itali after garibaldi
>>
>>493985
Sending fresh off the boat foreigners to kill other Americans seems pretty fucked up.
>>
>>497323
What the fuck is that picture even supposed to be? I've never seen a northerner sad about the outcome of the civil war in my life while I have seen people in the south literally go on a hour long screaming fit about it.
>>
File: 1451075579898.jpg (89 KB, 589x743) Image search: [Google]
1451075579898.jpg
89 KB, 589x743
>>497440
>implying
>>
>>497526
Wow, it's almost like the civil war fucked up the south you callous dick
>>
>>497440
Have you ever meet a southerner? They earn whatever reputation they have by themselves, meaning if a reasonable, friendly southern person moved up the north, they would be generally accepted within days of arrival while if a uneducated, arrogant hick went up north and insulted everybody he would be largely shunned. It's the south that irrationally hates the north because they a. whooped them so hard in the civil war and b. have opposing polical views. Whatever "exclusion from every aspect of social and economic domestic integrity they can" is happening, I've never seen it outside of some banter about rednecks
>>
>>497538
Maybe 150 years ago but as someone currently living in a city that was BURNED TO THE GROUND by Sherman I'm not stepping in ash piles daily.
>>
>>497551
I think it's because the annoying fucks are more visible, the kind folk are simply there.
In my experience, southerners are kinder than northerners, but that's just me.
>>
>>497568
We are looking at it from a /his/torical viewpoint, this isn't /int/
The south outside of places like Florida, Texas, and Virginia is significantly poorer than they used to be. Of course your not stepping in ash.
>>
>>497551
This

I don't know what he's talking about with Wilson, LBJ, Carter, both Bushes, Clinton
>>
>>497530
>That pic
Both of you cunts have no culture desu.
>>
File: product_thumb.jpg (27 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
product_thumb.jpg
27 KB, 500x500
>>497609
Proofs?
>>
>>493945
Are you retarded?
All the massive bombing of cities were war crimes, regardless of who conduced them
>>
>>497584
>Virginia
>poor
>11th in GDP per capita
>12th in overall GDP
>>
>>497688
Read my post again
>>
>>492842
>Robert, slavery is evil!

>Yeah, but Virginia is the shit to be quite frankly candid my familial affiliate
>>
>>497688
Virginia isn't fantastic economically speaking beyond the bits that house the DC nobles.
>>
>>497609
And you live in a death cult that passes itself off as a civilization. What's your point?
>>
>>497809
>implying you know where he's from
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 934x809) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 934x809
>>493024
>>493395
>>
>>497809
>death cult
How can you call a society that's focused on enjoyment of life a death cult?

Christianity, which talks about afterlife, is a death cult

Hell, you're still executing people like some 3rd world shithole and you have murder rate like a fucking Ukraine
>>
File: lincoln .jpg (7 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
lincoln .jpg
7 KB, 201x251
>>492842

My allegiance is to the Union, to DEMOCRACY!
>>
File: 4126186099_01eb73007d.jpg (39 KB, 640x481) Image search: [Google]
4126186099_01eb73007d.jpg
39 KB, 640x481
>>492842
There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?
>>
>>497886
>you're still executing people like some 3rd world shithole

executing murderers is different than executing woman for learning how to read you savage.
>>
File: 1434441333198.png (11 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1434441333198.png
11 KB, 429x410
>>497809
>he disagrees with me
>he must be a commiemuslim
>>
>>497440
Maybe because when civilized nations like the UK outlawed slavery without notable violence, you white niggers couldn't let go of your "peculiar institution" without killing more than half a million Americans.

Fuck the South.
>>
>>497938
>savage
All countries in Europe, even goddamn Russia, abolished death penalty
>>
>>497965
North didn't start the war over slavery. If we are so bad, why couldn't we leave?
>>
>Lee
>Pro-slavery

anon...
>>
File: Vaqueros.jpg (163 KB, 1334x976) Image search: [Google]
Vaqueros.jpg
163 KB, 1334x976
>>497622
The cowboy phenomena was merely what happens when a Western European lives in the frontier and goes cattle herding.

You have cowboys in Australia and Canada too. Hell, before all that you had cowboys in Latin America.
>>
>>498766

Cause they took it from their Spanish overlords.
>The word "cowboy" appeared in the English language by 1725.[3] It appears to be a direct English translation of vaquero, a Spanish word for an individual who managed cattle while mounted on horseback. It was derived from vaca, meaning "cow,"[4] which came from the Latin word vacca. Another English word for a cowboy, buckaroo, is an Anglicization of vaquero.[5]
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.