[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reincarnation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: KarmikPrinciple.jpg (124 KB, 610x800) Image search: [Google]
KarmikPrinciple.jpg
124 KB, 610x800
What does /his/ think about the possibility of reincarnation? Is there any evidence for it? Or is it all just eastern hogwash?

Do you believe it? Why/why not?
>>
It's been proven that there's no life after death as there is no scientific proof.

Next problem please.
>>
>>492610
>as there is no scientific proof.
That doesn't disprove it though, that just also doesn't prove their is life after death.
>>
I don't believe it because I'm a Roman Catholic. At least we have miracles such as Lanciano or Turin or Sokółka.
>>
Look up Ian Stevenson and his work on reincarnation research
>>
>>492610
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/681034-3-year-old-remembers-past-life-identifies-murderer-and-location-of-body/
>>
>>492607
the western idea of reincarnation i dont like too much, where when you die your soul is transferred into some other living being carrying memories or ego.

I only think reincarnation is true in the sense of conservation of energy/matter. When you die you become part of the earth, soil which sustains other life
>>
>>493196
Shit article desu, needs a lot more evidence. Didn't even bother to have a pic for the kid, used a fucking stock photo for crying out loud
>>
>>493254
Not that anon but this is worth a read:

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/bering-in-mind/ian-stevensone28099s-case-for-the-afterlife-are-we-e28098skepticse28099-really-just-cynics/
>>
I don't find that believing in reincarnation helps comfort or improve my current state, nor does the idea allow deterioration.

If it fascinates you then be my guest, but in my opinion the question of whether or not reincarnation exists is better off ignored.
>>
Bullshit.
You will die, now fuck off.
>>
>>492607
Go to /x/
>>
>>493574
Why are you mad bro?
>>
>>492607
Stupid, who were the original people? If everyone are just jumbled up replicas of previous creatures, really dumb.

If the host body I inhabit now is irrelevant, then so was the originator.
>>
>>492607
Even if its true, Can you remember your past life? if not then does it matter?
>>
>>493613
>original people
>>
>>493656
If this body I "inhabit" is merely a vessel to be occupied by some entity that existed 200 years ago, what does that say about Humans? It says they are merely empty vessels inhabited by foreign entities.

Therefore if the Human is merely an empty vessel, then the original consciousness must not be human, seeing that humans are hosts.

This is retarded an so is Reincarnation.
>>
There's many types of reincartion.

A generic reincarnation is "soul moves from one body to another."
Another is "body decompose and become part of earth, which feed the soil/worm, becomes food chain".
Another is the buddist idea of stream of consciousness (aka bundle theory) leaving traces similar to how each action creates reaction. They believe each SoC leaves behind effects which become recycled.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.