[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could Western Europe have survived a Soviet invasion without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1425433991127.jpg (450 KB, 2000x1485) Image search: [Google]
1425433991127.jpg
450 KB, 2000x1485
Could Western Europe have survived a Soviet invasion without the US military and American nuclear assets?
>>
>>492466
When?
>>
>>492468
During the cold war?
>>
>>492471
thats a very broad period of time bud
>>
>>492471
At what point during the Cold War?
>>
>>492480
How about you give me a run down of every single decade from the 50s to the 80s
>>
>>492466
The quickest answer you will get is - No.
For most of the Cold War Western Europe was a collection of US controlled puppet states and Britain which to a great extent was losing it's extra territorial support as well.

Which if you're an EUpoor should give you an explanation why the EU is such a collective of non countries right now.

USA crushed all it's potential allies, so when a future worldwide conflict erupts I have to wonder how the American Empire will fare pretty much on it's own. I hope I'm alive to see it, it will probably be the most important happening in the next 1000 years or so.
>>
Not a chance, Europe would be overrun and the subsequent use of nuclear weapons means it would not "survive" in a form we would recognise
>>
>>492505
What non-countries are you talking about?
>>
>>492466
The US is the only reason you're not all speaking Russian right now. That whole thing about "if Hitler won we'd all be speaking German" is flawed. Half of his rise to power is attributed to the red scare and the peoples desire to prevent the spread of communism in their nation. Rumor had it the USSR was arming up to sweep through all of Europe. What exactly did they do after the war? Conquered and held Eastern Europe up to the iron curtain, held up by the US of A and what was left of Britain and France. Commies continued to meddle in Asia propping up regimes. It's pretty established that they desired strong regional dominance, likely leading up to global dominance like any other globalist ideology.
>>
>>492534
He meant Germany, Austria, France, which are in the European mentality cuck-countries goverened by the USA. France and Austria not as much as it is obvious with Germany for example. Cases where blatant espionage by the american secret service of germanys citizens is publicly defended by the german government eventhough everybody resents it, cases where german secret service directors are dismissed for publicly speaking against american policy (latest case Turkey and ISIS), cases where german journalists are publicly put against the wall for writing objectively about american policy in Germany. All of that is just boiling up.
>>
>>492588
Don't know about France, but as a German I have to say he is right.
>>
>>492466
if the US didn't squander its own and west Europe's potential then possibly for a time
>>
>>492482
As Patton said

As we wait the grow bigger and we become weaker

Slavs didn't knew combined arms, they rather have the biggest or the most everything and thow it at you
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.