[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Historic costumes for Halloween
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (179 KB, 750x840) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
179 KB, 750x840
Ok /his/ who are my kids dressed as?
>>
stop appropriating my culture
>>
Child soldiers in the Children's Crusade.
>>
I'm not a costume
>>
>>49235
is dat sum Henry V
>>
>>49272
Why the fuck did I laugh?
>>
>>49235
Idk beyond knights... more of a world war 2 guy... but those are really cool. Did you make them?
>>
>>49265
I am related to one of the characters so it's acetually my culture.

>>49272
Wrong
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 750x551) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 750x551
>>49285
No

>>49303
Yes, cardboard and lots of duct tape
>>
Henry the IV?
>>
>>49526
No... It's a salet my man
>>
>>49235
The shield on the left is French or Norman I believe?
That's all I know
>>
>>50127
No that's a terrible guess
>>
>>49235
William the 1st and his son.
Thanks Total War Medieval (Brutus I think)
>>
>>49235
>not learning blacksmithing 6 months ahead of time and cladding your kids in crude Gothic-style armor made with sheet metal from the hardware store
Look on the bright side: now you have a whole year to prepare for the next one.
>>
>>50842
Rufus. God I miss Rufus. Always made him a glorious heir through crusading. All dat chivalry and command points
>>
>>50934
I am interested in HEMA so I may get into armor building soon enough
>>
>>50975
>>50842
No
>>
Heraldry wise that's the English after Edward III declared himself rightful King of France, so this is post 1370. By the armor and heraldry I'd say Richard III.
>>
>>51165
Finally someone that knows something, ok so who is with him?
>>
>>50975
Oh yeah, Rufus was his name. He and that fucking uphill tutorial.
>>
>>50975
I like Dread better. Bum-rushing 4 units of levy spearmen and routing armies with a 3-2 advantage is always hilarious.
>>
>>51228
Henry Stafford?
>>
File: 1438108557930.gif (1 MB, 250x324) Image search: [Google]
1438108557930.gif
1 MB, 250x324
>>49235
>tfw no Euroenthusiastic male progeny to wrap in duct tape and LARP with
>>
>>51228
AHA

Now I remember where I've seen that before, that's Stafford's colors, Humphrey Stafford to be specific.
>>
File: image.jpg (212 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212 KB, 1024x768
>>51771
>>51771
Good job, yes, it's Sir Humphrey Stafford of Grafton who fought with Richard at Bosworth and afterward attempted the Lovell Rebellion against the ursuper Henry VII.

Granted I would have taken any Henry Stafford since I didn't include the white field and black ermine or Humprhey's brother, Thomas.

>>51536
Start having kids anon.
>>
>>52036
Man, your kids must have been so happy to play such boring characters that nobody gives a shit about
Why didn't you just let them be some cool knight they actually knew something about?
>>
>>49235
I wish my Dad was like you.
>>
File: 6dsqf.png (156 KB, 372x369) Image search: [Google]
6dsqf.png
156 KB, 372x369
>>49235
Are those American kids appropriating the culture of English knights who added lily flowers on their flag in attempt to appropriate French culture?
>>
>>52273
Actually anon, I think the main issue is the father dressing his kids up as traitorous shits. York knows only fail, House Lancaster are the true heirs to the Plantagenet crown.
>>
File: 22 War-of-the-Roses-Map.jpg (58 KB, 640x299) Image search: [Google]
22 War-of-the-Roses-Map.jpg
58 KB, 640x299
>>52351
Lancashire please go.
>>
>>50734
He's actually right
This heraldy was effective only under the Plantagenet, who were a French dynasty

The lions were from the Normans (the previous dynasty) and the lilies were added to remind everyone that the family ruling England was French (which gave them a legitimate claim on the French throne)

So yeah, the "three lions + lilies" coat of arm is literally a mix of Norman and French symbols (which defined England very well since it had been keked by both not long before)
>>
>>52393
Remind me what happened to Richard III?
>>
>>52496
>Implying any dynasty in England's history has not been Norman after 1066.
>>
>>52653
He won the battle and Yorkshire lived happily ever after.

[spoiler];_;[/spoiler]

>>52695
Would you count the Cromwell Dictatorship as a dynasty?
>>
>>52273
>>52273
Implying that Richard III wasn't the last great King of England and my ancestor isn't worth honoring

>>52351
>2015 and not supporting the House of York
>>
>>52496
It was a terrible guess becuase of he armor anon, he was 300+ years off
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 350x246) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 350x246
>>52653
A reminder that the good guys don't always win
>>
>>52723
Not really considering Charles II was chilling in France at the time. A King in exile is still a King. Plus Cromwell is a shit.

>>52783
Richard III may not have been a hunchback weirdo or killed the two boys, but he was still a pretty crappy King.
>>
File: helms.jpg (77 KB, 591x720) Image search: [Google]
helms.jpg
77 KB, 591x720
>>51007
I'm pretty new to making armour, but I've got some links here. The archive and these channels helped me a ton. I'm just making helmets for now, got a sallet and a great helm done so far. It's really rewarding.

Armour Archive
>http://www.armourarchive.org/

Parker Brown:
>https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdoyyXhimre6OABMFXqKfyA

Eric Dube:
>https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQc3EOGXOnMmvMZnOfgYOAw
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 500x340
>>52920
>crappy King
Victors right the history, anyway it's not like he had a long time to rule to prove his metal. Atleast he died an honorable death.
>>
>>52695
Plantagenets were a French family from Anjou
Tudors were Welsh
Stewarts were Scots
Hanover and Windsor were Germans

All Europe has ruled England but the English
>>
>>53009
Oliver and Richard Cromwell were English.
>>
>>52336
My dad was crap himself anon, be the father you wish you had.
>>
>>53054
Yeah and look how that turned out with Cromwell allowing the Finns back in.
>>
File: time for suomi.png (121 KB, 596x455) Image search: [Google]
time for suomi.png
121 KB, 596x455
>>53103
There is literally nothing wrong with Finns.
>>
>>52960
>>52960
Thanks for the links anon I will check them out, do you have any pics of what you've made?

>>53147
OY vey
>>
>>53054
They werent even a dynasty, just two faggots
>>
>>53009
>Tudors
Norman
>Stewarts
Norman
>Hanover
Norman
>Windsor
Norman

The only thing Normans do better than conquering is fucking.
>>
>>53178
In that conversation there was no argument that the rulers had to be a dynasty. Just that they had to have ruled England.

>>53205
Hanoverians and Windsors were/are Saxons not Normans.
>>
>>53176
I don't have pictures of my work, (phone's camera is junk and I don't have a proper camera) but I made the great helm off of Parker's videos and I used a Sallet plan from ArmourArchive.
>>
>>49235
OP are you sending your kids to Turkey to retake the city of Constantinople and push back the kebab forces back into the sandy shit hole they came from?
I wish your kids the best of luck, may they squash many mudslimes.
>>
>>52036
>usurper Henry VII
Go back to France you Norman fuck. Henry VII was Y Mab Darogan, the saviour of the Britons, a true Celt and Arthur reborn. Tudor is the true ruling dynasty of Britain and you are a Saxon and a traitor.
>>
>>53313
Henry VII son killed the English church and led to the brittian people being taken over by Kebab.

Sometimes it's better to aknowledge your betters and let them save you from yourselves.
>>
>>53268
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Descent_of_Elizabeth_II_from_William_the_Conqueror

Nope, they still have Norman blood. Rollo I of Normandy is the primogenitor of all modern royalty in Europe. Like I said, Normans fucked. A lot.
>>
>>53394
On the subject of churches. The Orthodox church considers the last Orthodox King of England to be King Harold Godwinson.
>>
>>53394
Correction, you are a Saxon, a traitor, and a Catholic.

Henry VIII saved Britain from both the Roman tyrant and the German heretic. He saved the Church in England. Caesaropapism is best theology, you pagan heathen.

Bosworth Field, best day of my life.
>>
>>53419
>Rollo I of Normandy is the primogenitor of all modern royalty in Europe

But that's false
Only English kings have his blood (alongside shitton of French, German and Scottish blood)
>>
File: Runescape.png (1 MB, 750x840) Image search: [Google]
Runescape.png
1 MB, 750x840
>>49235
Only thing I could think about.
>>
>>53533
Yes, and the English Kings married off their daughters and their sons and bastard children spread across all of Europe from Spain, the Holy Roman Empire, and the Crusader States.
>>
>>53586
Right but by that you could pick almost any noble related to Charlemagne and make the same claim.
>>
>>53681
The point though is that England never had anything other than French rule by blood and culture, although I supposed with Windsor you could argue they were sufficiently German.

Either way though, Saxons got rekt.
>>
File: 1413514534609.png (31 KB, 400x398) Image search: [Google]
1413514534609.png
31 KB, 400x398
>>53580
Oh im laffin
>>
>>53739
Not really, no.

Culturally they were french, then english, then dutch then german, if you are talking ethnically, because the royal families of europe intermarried so much like you said, calling them "French" is meaningless.

I mean if you want to trace them all back to Rollo, shouldn't you be calling them Norse?
>>
>>53521
Enjoy your shariah law.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.