[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is protestant Christianity the religion of reason alone, while
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: philosophy.jpg (111 KB, 675x394) Image search: [Google]
philosophy.jpg
111 KB, 675x394
Is protestant Christianity the religion of reason alone, while catholic christianity the religion of reason+sentiment?
>>
>>492303
neither are neither
>>
File: 1414872358855.jpg (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1414872358855.jpg
4 KB, 225x225
>>
>>492303
literally the opposite

>muh Aquinas
>muh theology
vs
>muh personal relationship with Christ :^)
>>
Protestant Christianity is either the religion of SJWism, or the-Devil-hid-the-Fossils, depending on whether or not you're Mainline Protestant.

Catholic Christianity is the religion of being a massive punching bag no matter how kind you are, so pretty Christian in a way.
>>
>>492303
no. both are dogmatic religions, just with different sources of what's considered valid doctrine.
>>
Kinda the opposite.

Catholic doctrine:
>a dialectical attempt to formulate a universal natural law by means of deliberation and evidence

Protestant doctrine:
>muh feels are real
>>
>>492303
Lets go boys, catholic vs protestant thread.

List your statements.
>>
>>492303
You have to narrow it down to specific denominations of Protestantism

I'm a Reformed Baptist myself, I think our beliefs are pretty reasonable.
>>
>>492336
>Protestant Christianity is either the religion of SJWism, or the-Devil-hid-the-Fossils, depending on whether or not you're Mainline Protestant.
I'm a Reformed Baptist, which one am I?
>>
All the Western churches are meme denominations

Any of the Oriental Orthodox churches are the patrician choice
>>
>>494558
Oh look, this meme again.
>>
File: dahood.jpg (1 MB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
dahood.jpg
1 MB, 1536x1152
>>494533
Heretic.
>>
>>492354
I think there are far more respected Protestant scholars than Catholic,at least at present. From Weslyans like William Lane Craig, to Calvinists like James R White. The only present Catholic scholar I can think in really high regard is Mitch Pacwa.
>>
>>492303
OP's post actually hits on something pretty well and in a simple way. I would revise it more accurately to say that it is classical Protestantism that is more purely rational, but all upper rationality is built upon the initial 'muh feels' that led to Protestantism in the first place.
>>
>>494590
Ratzinger??
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.