[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>1934 >Mussolini is prepared to go to war with Hitler over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1450770708192.png (347 KB, 468x400) Image search: [Google]
1450770708192.png
347 KB, 468x400
>1934
>Mussolini is prepared to go to war with Hitler over Austria
Why is this never mentioned?
>>
I suppose it pales in comparison to the whole global war thing that happened instead.
>>
>>491503

When Mussolini started gassing the Ethiopians, that pretty much guaranteed he would never be shown in any sort of positive light.
>>
So THAT'S what that scene in The Great Dictator was about.
>>
File: Skorzeny and Mussolini.jpg (53 KB, 800x537) Image search: [Google]
Skorzeny and Mussolini.jpg
53 KB, 800x537
>tfw broken out of jail
>tfw broken and humbled
>tfw brought before Hitler
>tfw you tell Hitler you're finished with the war
>tfw Hitler tells you if you don't head up the puppet state, he'll blow up Milan, Genoa and Turin
>tfw you realize you're now a total puppet to a maniac.
>>
>>491585
I think Mussolini would be seen as an hero if he stayed away from Hitler...
>>
>>492176
probably, world leaders and a lot of Italians liked him
>>
>>492187
both the Pope and Gandhi said he was doing a great job...he probably was afraid of Hitler and also believed he was going to get some new lands for the Italian Empire if he worked with him.
I still admire him, even with all his flaws and mistakes.
>>
>>491503

[citation needed]

Like, extremely. Yea Mussolini wasn't a Nazi; he was Fascist, blah blah, but that doesn't make him a swell guy. At best he bumbling did something palatable.
>>
>>492209
I'm gonna assume you're Italian.
Why do you admire him? Not trying to say you shouldn't, I'm just curious since there's not a lot of threads about Mussolini on /his/ and 4chan in general.
>>
>>492230
Yeah, I'm (mostly) Italian. I admire him because he believed in his people, and tried to make them proud once again. He killed malaria in Italy, he was almost able to unify his people (even if that will never go away: I was born Ligure, I will die Ligure) and he was trying to make sure we were going to grow in number. But he made mistakes history will not forgive him for (thankfully God showed His mercy on him and his soul was saved: both his wife, Rachele, and st. Pius from Petralcina had visions of that).
>>
>>492250
cool
>>
>>492211
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engelbert_Dollfuss#Assassination

>but that doesn't make him a swell guy.
I never implied otherwise.
>>
>>492230
Given that he suppressed the Mafia, and they only returned after the Allies put "Anti-Fascist dissidents" in power, I can see why some Italians might be sympathetic to him
>>
>>492209
He also fell into the trap of underestimating the Allies, and thinking he needed to enter the war against them to 'check' the Germans.
>>
>>492187
>>492230
Italians still like him but for a different reason than most people think.

Mussolini was the only modern Italian leader who didn't suck mafia's dick.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.