[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who are the closest modern descendants of Ancient Egypt? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 14
File: ancient-egypt.jpg (441 KB, 800x531) Image search: [Google]
ancient-egypt.jpg
441 KB, 800x531
Who are the closest modern descendants of Ancient Egypt? I've been given to understand that Arab mass migrations has made its current population not at all similar to the Ancient one.

Pls no shitposting, I really want to know the answer
>>
Genetic tests show that southern Egyptians are the most closely related to Ancient Egyptians. You have to remember that it's hard for an invading force to have much genetic impact on the native population. Now imagine such a native population being situated along the greatest river in the world, nurtured to great numbers by the extremely productive agriculture that river allows. With that in mind, it seems preposterous that the Ancient Egyptians were just absorbed by Arab invaders.
>>
>>490916
Well, Egyptians do look distinct from other arabs. It's undeniable there was blanda upp, even pre-arab. Ancient Egypt was considered old even for the Greeks.

Copts don't really look distinct from Muslim Egyptians.
>>
Muslims are stupid so it's not them.
>>
>>490916
>>490930
>>490938
>>490940
Extremely anecdotal evidence obviously, but I went to high school with a Coptic girl. She did NOT look like the other middle easterners (darker, higher cheekbones) so there's that.
>>
File: 446px-Fuad_I..jpg (42 KB, 446x600) Image search: [Google]
446px-Fuad_I..jpg
42 KB, 446x600
>>490940
> not being nostalgic for monarchist egypt
>>
File: black-pharaohs-cover-5-copy.jpg (364 KB, 973x1475) Image search: [Google]
black-pharaohs-cover-5-copy.jpg
364 KB, 973x1475
>>490916
HOL UP
>>
>>491097
WE
WUZ
SNEK
>>
The Copts are the closest descendants to the ancient Egyptians. /thread.
>>
>>490916

Northern Africans(majority)
Semitics
Blacks

every other argument is wrong.
>>
File: tumblr_ncle04IF3p1qce8ubo1_1280.jpg (200 KB, 1280x1401) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ncle04IF3p1qce8ubo1_1280.jpg
200 KB, 1280x1401
Anatolians and Middle Easterners are the ones who made the technological influences.
>>
File: FLAIL.jpg (51 KB, 499x358) Image search: [Google]
FLAIL.jpg
51 KB, 499x358
>>491194
The two symbols for royalty are literally foreign to Egypt
>>
Modern Egyptians
>>
File: RamsesII_AdrienBrody.jpg (85 KB, 827x531) Image search: [Google]
RamsesII_AdrienBrody.jpg
85 KB, 827x531
>>491203

Egypt Population

> 2017
90 million

> 1800
4 million

> 4500BC
4000-10,000

Egypt is a shithole that is not naturally suitable to support large populations, there are periods in pre history were there are periods as long as a 1000 years were there is no archaeological record.

Egypt's rise was due to an influx of foreign advancements that made life sustainable there.
>>
File: HoremhebAndTheGodHorus.jpg (132 KB, 800x1072) Image search: [Google]
HoremhebAndTheGodHorus.jpg
132 KB, 800x1072
>>
piece of shit garbage board, and this thread proves it
>>
>I've been given to understand that Arab mass migrations has made its current population not at all similar to the Ancient one.

Did the people who told you that also claim to be the real Jews, the real Europeans, the real Romans, the real Irish and the real Vikings as well?
>>
>>491214
Egypt was the breadbasket of Classical world. Everyone from the Greeks to Romans wanted to conquer it for the wheat harvests.
>>
>>491214
This is bait. This has to be bait. Jesus no one is this stupid.
>>
>>490916
The current ones. Think about it, Arabia has always had a tiny population, just back in 1960 the population of all of Arabia reached just about 10 million if even that while Egypt alone had a population of about 30 million.
>>
File: o3aT5bV.jpg (59 KB, 706x674) Image search: [Google]
o3aT5bV.jpg
59 KB, 706x674
>>490940
>>491097
>>491214
>>
>>490916
There were no "Arab mass migrations"
>>
>>491915
He looks like the Polish leader in CIV5
>>
>>491163
>much genetic impact on the native population. LOL southern eygtians and beja's are
>>
File: Edward_VII_in_coronation_robes.jpg (1 MB, 1936x2728) Image search: [Google]
Edward_VII_in_coronation_robes.jpg
1 MB, 1936x2728
>>490949
I'm nostalgic for monarchs all right.
>>
>>492141
I ain't a coincident family tbqh
>>
>Cleopatra was black, m'kay :^)
>>
The population of ancient Egypt was in the millions

It was never invaded by more than a few thousand soldiers

Where the FUCK do you think the old population went? They're still there you fucking retard reeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>490916
>Who are the closest modern descendants of Ancient Egypt?

nordic europeans

http://marchofthetitans.com/earlson/nordicegypt.htm
>>
Usually, the answer to "where are the descendants of this Ancient Civilization?" is "In the same place the Ancient Civilization was".
>>
>>492659
What about north america? Or australia?

Surely there are ancient examples of this, entire races and cultures getting BTFO and replaced with entirely different groups.
>>
>>492676
The descendants of Abos are mostly in Australia. And the descendants of Native North Americans... in North America...

Only people that had a huge exodus are an exception.
>>
>>492683
Yea but they are certainly not the majority. If you took. Random sample of DNA from a US citizen it would be very unlikely that you'd learn anything about native americans.

Basically, the native Egyptians may still be in Egypt, but they could be so dilluted or such a minority that we are on the wrong track. I'm ignorant on the subject, but I dont think looking at the current population is as helpful as some people dem to think.

But barring genocides and forced removal, yes typically the original race is around SOMEWHERE but it's not always the dominant group.
>>
>>492701

For Egypt it is the case, they are in all point similar to the old ones.

Egypt has experienced several invasions during its history. However, these do not seem to account for more than about 10% overall of current Egyptians ancestry when the DNA evidence of the ancient mitochondrial DNA and modern Y chromosomes is considered.[citation needed]

In general, various DNA studies have found that the gene frequencies of modern North African populations are intermediate between those of the Horn of Africa and Eurasia,[21] though possessing a greater genetic affinity with the populations of Eurasia than they do with Africa.[3][3][4] The present population of the Sahara is Caucasoid in the extreme north, with a fairly gradual increase of Negroid component as one goes south.[6][22][23] The results of these genetic studies is consistent with the historical record, which records significant bidirectional contact between Egypt and Nubia, and the Levant/Middle East within the last few thousand years, but with general population continuity from the Early Dynastic Period of Egypt up to the modern day era
>>
>>492701
>I'm ignorant on the subject,
Clearly

Do you know the extent of Arab presence in Egypt?

3000 men.

Among a population of 4 million.

Explain to me how 4 million Egyptians were displaced by an all-male population of 3000.
>>
Many of the native Egyptians fled south (towards Axum) once the Romans annexed the Ptolemaic Kingdom and took full control of [Upper Egypt].

That doesn't quite answer your question, but should point you in a positive direction.
>>
File: carlos.png (138 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
carlos.png
138 KB, 350x350
>>491252
>>491261
>>491915
These are not refutations, merely idiotic responses borne out of denial

> denial = the nile
>>
File: fuck_you_carlose.jpg (12 KB, 239x200) Image search: [Google]
fuck_you_carlose.jpg
12 KB, 239x200
>>493577
>>
File: egyptian people.jpg (50 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
egyptian people.jpg
50 KB, 600x400
Okay, actual answer here:

There were, initially, two subgroups of Ancient Egyptians from the northern and southern parts of the Nile lands. Those two subgroups are still there; the northerners are slightly more light-skinned and sort of jowly-looking, and the southerners are slightly more dark-skinned and have really prominent cheekbones. Both of them still live in Egypt today (Arab invasion had very little impact on the overall genetic makeup of the natives). You can see both subgroups of Egyptians present in pic related.

It's worth noting that Egypt became a multicultural and multiracial society in the waning centuries prior to Muslim Arab invasion though, and that there were indeed a few both white European and black African pharaohs during those later days. But they were both always in the minority.
>>
>>491214
>> 4500BC
>4000-10,000

No.
>>
>>493802
This
>>
File: 000.jpg (41 KB, 323x476) Image search: [Google]
000.jpg
41 KB, 323x476
>>490916
The current ones are. Or think that the Egyptians were abducted to some remote place? There was a small charge of miscegenation - as before, with the Greeks and Romans. The average countryman - the Fellah - remains with the same traits of millennia ago.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.