[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are the Irish and Scythians related?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Scythians.jpg (362 KB, 823x1081) Image search: [Google]
Scythians.jpg
362 KB, 823x1081
-Recent DNA tests revealed the Irish are descendant from ancient middle easterners and people from Southern Russia,

-Scythian's pop up in Irish history and mythology for example a Scythian king Fenius Farsaid is said to have invented the Gaelic language https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%A9nius_Farsaid

and Finally the Auraicept na n-Eces an Irish manuscript written by 7th century Irish scholars claims the Irish originated in Scythia.

So are with the new DNA revelations backing up the ancient claims of such a connections,

Could the Irish be the Scythian's ?
>>
Scythians weren't Middle Easterners

They were Koreans

Hence, the similarity between the Irish and the Koreans
>>
>>490521
But my dick is over 3 inches this can't be!
>>
being of all Irish decent I thought the Baltrogs of ancient Greece were the 1st inhabitants, name for toolbags that carried with them. but thanks for the update always beer more of an American history buff or overall world stuff.
>>
>>490502
>Recent DNA tests revealed the Irish are descendant from ancient middle easterners

And does this DNA test also suggest that they have a more recent origin than every single other Near-Eastern Farmer-descended population in Europe (the entirety of the Balkans and Southern Europe), or is it simply saying that these DNA signatures are more prevelant than those for Baltic Hunter-Gatherers?
>>
>Leabhar Gabhála Éireann was true the whole time
I'm scared lads
>>
File: 53a1ba634561d.jpg (24 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
53a1ba634561d.jpg
24 KB, 720x576
>>490707
brother ireland
>>
File: yamnayaancestry.png (206 KB, 734x1043) Image search: [Google]
yamnayaancestry.png
206 KB, 734x1043
>>490502

>-Recent DNA tests revealed the Irish are descendant from ancient middle easterners and people from Southern Russia

Like almost everyone else in Europe.
>>
>>490502

All I know is that Marcus Aurelius sent 5,500 Scythian soldiers to Scotland and they never left.
>>
>>490502

This is a crackpot seeming theory that I actually believe has some truth to it. We know that the Celts (as all other Indo-European peoples) were originally nomads from the Pontic Steppe. The Scythians/Sarmatians/Alans/Tocharians were the original Indo-Europeans who remained on the eastern European/central Asian steppe. Scythians and the like were known to be tall and muscular and have red/dark hair and blue eyes, just like Gaels. Ancient Irish legends claim that the Gaels were a Scythian tribe that migrated to the British isles, I think it's a corruption of the original Indo-European migration back during the Bronze Age.
>>
Scythians are probably just proto slavs. maybe a branch went off to Ireland.
>>
>>490502
There taste in fashion is vile, almost mongoloid tier
>>
>>491159
Unlikely, no other culture on Earth has ever been recorded preserving a migratory tradition myth so old. Of the various Indo-European tribes that were conscious about their nomadic roots, if any, only few would maintain a narrative tradition about the migration and influences by various substrata would almost certainly reduce the story to a set of motives and hero-figures. The Rigveda's a perfect example for this - the Aryans speak of the indigenous Indian tribes as slaves and savages but do not mention their origins even once. The Gathas too are silent on India and yet Avestan and Vedic Sanskrit are remarkably similar languages - comparable to Polish and Russian, even with the added hurdle of them both being orally transmitted dead languages and thus almost certainly corrupted. The time of their divergence couldn't have been more than several centuries.
>>
>>490566
>Baltrogs of ancient Greece were the 1st inhabitants, name for toolbags that carried with them. but thanks for the update always beer more of an American history buff or overall world stuff.
>baltrogs

It was firbolg and they weren't greek at all.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.