[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Year's Thread: 1991 Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
File: Slovenian_war_map.jpg (596 KB, 1722x1062) Image search: [Google]
Slovenian_war_map.jpg
596 KB, 1722x1062
ITT: Stuff that breaks our 25 year rule today, but won't tomorrow.
>>
File: 0_8a099_19a94387_XXXL.jpg (182 KB, 1247x826) Image search: [Google]
0_8a099_19a94387_XXXL.jpg
182 KB, 1247x826
>>
>>489122

slovenian terrorism is never forgotten
>>
>>489122
PURE IDEOLOGY
>>
>>489131
Gotta wait seven more months for that, bruv.
>>
File: baba.jpg (19 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
baba.jpg
19 KB, 306x306
>>489122
>last day of /his/
>2016 yugo-war shitposter dindus take over the thread

was nice knowing you all, was a good board f.a.m.
>>
>>489135
I didn't think the 25-year rule applied to the month/date, just the year.
>>
File: GraninI1.png (331 KB, 623x662) Image search: [Google]
GraninI1.png
331 KB, 623x662
>>489122
>1991 thread
>I'll be 25 soon

I'M WASTING MY LIFE

Can't wait for the August Putsch thread though.
>>
>>489136
Daily reminder that serbs are literally demons that need to be executed en masse
>>
>>489133
*sniff*
>>
25 year rule?
>>
>>489164
In the sticky, it says that anything more recent than 25 years isn't germane discussion here, and you have to >>>/pol/
>>
>>489122
>1991
You mean 1990. 1990 becomes free when the server turns.
>>
File: the_croats_are_there.jpg (41 KB, 758x530) Image search: [Google]
the_croats_are_there.jpg
41 KB, 758x530
>>489156
wtf is with all the Serb hate?

if I had such shitposters in my state I'll be genociding them day in day out. listenin to all the croatian and muslim butthurt I feel supportive for the Serbs, I would eradicte those faggots whenever I had the chance.
>>
>>491210
t. Serb
>>
>>490946
U wot m8
>>
File: sSqVi.gif (858 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
sSqVi.gif
858 KB, 240x228
>>491258
>t. Serb

not the anon, but the guy is right, your butthurt is cringy. keep that shit on /int you balkan faggots.
>>
>>491280
croats are literal butthurt of the balkans, no need arguing with them, they just post >serb, and keep on with their shitposting. report for 25 years rule could hopefully work keeping them off this board.
>>
>>491280
>>491283
Wow this is really believable that three people who are all different and all totally not serbs have the same grammar and writing style and are on the same thread at the same time!
>>
File: depressedpeanutes.jpg (58 KB, 499x402) Image search: [Google]
depressedpeanutes.jpg
58 KB, 499x402
>>489122
>We are still not allowed to discuss the last internet
>>
RE: all these people talking about the 25-year rule. Mods have been pretty loosey goosey about it providing that there isn't a shitstorm of racism and /pol/ nonsense. I assume OP made this for New Years fun.

>>491210
Read a couple histories of the Balkan conflicts that weren't written by Serbians, and try not being a Serb hater. It's pretty hard, family.
>>
File: rYwSFZg.jpg (47 KB, 460x385) Image search: [Google]
rYwSFZg.jpg
47 KB, 460x385
>>491340
>Read a couple histories of the Balkan conflicts that weren't written by Serbians, and try not being a Serb hater. It's pretty hard, family.

I read enough on english since I do not speak serbian, in all cases croats are rebelling against the state shooting at police and military, state initiates a breakdown...dindu nuffin.

fuck them to be honest, their butthurt banter on /int is too much cancer for /his and I don't give a fuck for their balkan crap
>>
>>491357
>those broken sentences
Suuuuuuuure you're not a Serb, senpai
>>
>>491357
t. Serb
>>
Is all discussion of the breakup of Yugoslavia just a continuous game of trying to pin the blame on the other guys?
>>
>>491418
To be frank, it's everyone that isn't the Serbs blaming the Serbs.
>>
>>491357
>Can't even give a partially correct description of the Croatian War of Independence.
Croatian police and local military were part of the Croatian army. The Yugoslav "government" was basically entirely under Serbian control, and the Serbs and Croats had been vying for power for months on end prior to that.
>>
>>491418
To be totally frank, a lot of people see the wars following the breakup of Yugoslavia as just a continuation of the post WWI Balkan wars. Once Tito died, everyone wanted out and the Serbs and Croats were looking to take advantage of the breakup and steal some clay.

Just because the Serbs ended up being more successful in the political/military game doesn't mean that it's their fault, they just got to be the bad guys because they had the guns, they stole the Yugoslav money, and they had the Western support (until the UN figured out what was going on). Croats would have done the same thing in the Serb's place.
>>
>>491471
>the croats would've done the same thing
Doubtful, ethnic Croats are a lot less spread out
>>
>>491486
According to what I've read, Croatian diplomats had contacts with the West trying to claim land in Bosnia, so I wouldn't be too sure.
>>
>>491487
Source is Poirier's The Breakup of Yugoslavia and the War in Bosnia, don't have it with me so I can't give a page number. It's probably somewhere between page 50-80.
>>
>>491487
Before the war there was a significant croat majority in central Bosnia so it would've been a similar land grab based off ethnic principles but on a much smaller scale
>>
>>491497
Possibly, but I'd wager that we'd still see a lot of similar ethnic cleansing tactics, since both the Serbs and the Croats were doing that shit to each other before the partizans blew them out.

Smaller scale doesn't always mean smaller tragedy imo.
>>
>>491509
Aside from religion, why do croats and serbs hate each other so much?
>>
>>491513
Well, from what I understand it has to do with nationalist movements in the late 20th century. Since religion gets equated with nationality with the Southern Slavs, the practice of forced conversion (as well as what we currently think of as "ethnic cleansing") became common during the wars between the Serb and Croatian nationalist armies.

When the Tito's Partizans came in and united Yugoslavia, a lot of Serbs and Croats felt the war wasn't really settled, so a lot of that animosity came back in fervor at the end of the 20th century.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.