[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Altaic Language
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 350x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 350x450
Who else here is fascinated by Altaic languages and their relationship? Also ties in with Turkic/Mongolic/Tungus history.
>>
Mongol language is manly as fuck. True warrior language, gay shit like Jap speech can't even compare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJA4wgtQJrs
>>
>>48736
Funnily enough japanese is influenced by Turkic very slightly.
>>
http://www.amazon.com/Einführung-mongolischen-Schriften-Otgonbayar-Chuluunbaatar/dp/3875485009
This book was very interesting and revealed many things about the mongolian language and it's relation with other Altaic languages
>>
>>48875
>Funnily enough japanese is influenced by Turkic very slightly.

Not in the fucking slightest
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el93MIxAf-c

M O N G O L
O
N
G
O
L
>>
>>49019
Japanophile? A handful of words resemble those of similar meaning across the continent. Just a coincidence.
>>
>>49087
Goddammit why does it always degenerate into Mongol shitposting. I want to talk about the language tree.
>>
Shameless bump
>>
The Altaic theory is a joke and has been since the 80's
>>
>>49776
Care to elaborate?
>>
Writing vertically is the most retarded thing ever. Our eyes are laid out horizontally, not one on top of the other.
>>
>>49019
Out of all linguistic families the one Japanese is the most likely to be related to is the Altaic family.
>>
>>49951
I like it actually. Pls no bully.
>>
>>49776
I suppose you meant "Ural-Altaic?"

Altaic language does exist. It's just disputed if Korean and Japanese belongs to it or not.
>>
>>50168
I can't believe it's disputed. It is obvious their not.
>>
>>49019
What do you mean, even some of the most basic words are the same like the word for good, fire and even the word for being cross eyed.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.