[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CHANGE THE STICKY PICTURE RIGHT FUCKING NOW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 29
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEE.png (1 MB, 1024x1013) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEE.png
1 MB, 1024x1013
CHANGE THE STICKY PICTURE RIGHT FUCKING NOW
>>
>>4850
Yeah, American history sucks ass, do a historical figure not a general.
t. american
>>
Flags when
>>
>>4888
Historians can't seem to get enough of the civil war from what I can tell, they love that shit. Fitting sticky image. (They also love Hitler, but unfortunately so do the neonazis)
>>
Shut up, dumb frogposter.
>>
I agree, the crushing the south just isn't very notable
>>
File: mad pepe.jpg (68 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
mad pepe.jpg
68 KB, 900x900
>>4946
THIS IS BLATANT DISCRIMINATION AGAINST THE SOUTH

FUCK THAT MOD
CHANGE THE STICKY PICTURE HIRO
>>
File: linc.jpg (5 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
linc.jpg
5 KB, 275x183
need to put a trigger warning on the sticky picture for our southern friends
>>
>>4850
lol the mods are already telling /pol/ faggots to fuck off
>>
>sticky isn't ashurbanipal

triggered desu
>>
>>4944
Maybe in America, but it was a massive cluster fuck and embarrassment militarily, I think Louis Napoleon in France was much, much more interesting.
>>
Frogposting needs to be banned asap
>>
File: 1445725544624.jpg (135 KB, 816x769) Image search: [Google]
1445725544624.jpg
135 KB, 816x769
>>4850
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5ra9cXx1-o
>>
Yes please.
The least this board needs is to be filled with more Americans shitting about American stuff

Change to something more universal, that doesn't evoke war preferably
>>
>>5026
You know Lincoln wanted to ship all the niggers back to Africa, right?
>>
File: Bloody-bill-anderson.jpg (87 KB, 442x561) Image search: [Google]
Bloody-bill-anderson.jpg
87 KB, 442x561
THIS GUY SHOULD BE STICKY PICTURE
>>
>>5183
Nice meme
>>
THE WAR OF NORTHERN AGGRESSION WILL BE AVENGED
>>
>>5036
Sherman was a despicable person and hated by half of the country, fuck off with "muh /pol/" boogeyman
>>
>>1488
>>1
>>3333
>>
>>5270
Australia doesn't deserve that get.
>>
File: aristotle-plato.jpg (99 KB, 580x296) Image search: [Google]
aristotle-plato.jpg
99 KB, 580x296
>>5200
I think we can all agree that these guys should be the stick pic.
>>
>>5232
>northern agression
>declared independence and then after lincon basicly said "whatever" shooting at a us fort
southerners deserved it desu
>>
>>5322
Only if you do the basketball edit.
>>
File: based diogenes.jpg (449 KB, 1280x1032) Image search: [Google]
based diogenes.jpg
449 KB, 1280x1032
>>5322
>not diogenes

THE FUCK OUT MY SUN, PLEBEIAN.
>>
It's a pretty obscure figure, it should be something classical desu.
>>
Southerners are like the Quebecois of America. They have no reason whatsoever for a separate identity and they make complete asses of themselves whenever they try to force one.
>>
>>5420
sherman is timeless
>>
>>5012
Yea, and the south blatantly discriminates against everyone else. Boo hoo cunt.
>>
>>5434
>they have no reason

Is freedom not enough of a reason ?

Denying a state its secession is hypocritical as fuck
>>
>>5434
Fuck off

VIVE LE QUEBEC
>>
>>5452
150 years ago? Fuck off bigot.
>>
>this blatant demonization of the south

Here we go again.
>>
>>5434
>no reason whatsoever for a separate identity

No concept of history on a history board. Ebin.
>>
>>5452
>implying niggers weren't discriminated in the north too

yankees being hypocritical as always
>>
>>4850
>frogposter in charge of sticky images
how about no
>>
>>5434
Dixie and other regions of the USA have differing cultures, eat shit.
>>
>>5487
>wanting to leave the union
fuck off
>>
>being a frogposter AND a dixiefag

Fucking christ, is there any worse kinds of cancer?
>>
>>4850
>NEW BOARD

>LET'S FUCKING FROGPOST ON IT

KILL YOURSELF YOU GODDAMN REDDITOR
>>
GE SHERMAN OFF THIS BOARD
>>
>>4911
They got rid of them, thank god.
>>
>>5613
Nice """""""freedom""""""" you got there amerifats

Literally USSR tier
>>
DELET STICKY

>>5613
FUCK THE FED AND FUCK SHERMAN
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 420x358) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 420x358
New sticky
>>
Friendly reminder of your "anti-slavery" hero.
>>4118

Immediately after the war, Dodge proposed enslaving the Plains Indians and forcing them “to do the grading” on the railroad beds, “with the Army furnishing a guard to make the Indians work, and keep them from running away”. Union army veterans were to be the “overseers” of this new class of slaves. Dodge’s proposal was rejected; the U.S. government decided instead to try to kill as many Indians as possible.

In his memoirs, Sherman has high praise for Thomas Clark Durant, the vice president of the Union Pacific Railroad, as “a person of ardent nature, of great ability and energy, enthusiastic in his undertaking”. Durant was also the chief instigator of the infamous Credit Mobilier scandal, one of the most shocking examples of political corruption in U.S. history. Sherman himself had invested in railroads before the war, and he was a consummate political insider, along with Durant, Dodge, and his brother, Senator John Sherman.

President Grant made his old friend Sherman the army’s commanding general, and another Civil War luminary, General Phillip Sheridan, assumed command on the ground in the West. “Thus the great triumvirate of the Union Civil War effort,” writes Sherman biographer Michael Fellman, “formulated and enacted military Indian policy until reaching, by the 1880s, what Sherman sometimes referred to as ‘the final solution of the Indian problem’”.

What Sherman called the “final solution of the Indian problem” involved “killing hostile Indians and segregating their pauperized survivors in remote places.” “These men,” writes Fellman, “applied their shared ruthlessness, born of their Civil War experiences, against a people all three [men] despised. . . . Sherman’s overall policy was never accommodation and compromise, but vigorous war against the Indians,” whom he regarded as “a less-than-human and savage race”
>>
>>5551
I kinda wish flags were enabled for just fifteen more minutes to see if some of the posters ITT are foreigners who justifiably don't know anything about American history or if these are uneducated Americans who shouldn't be posting here
>>
>>5517
Lol no they still arent kind to people who arent white, straight, gun lovers, or sister fuckers.
>>5517
>bigot
>for disliking fellow countrymen who are just cunts who want their own precious little social identity
How the fuck am i a bigot redneck isnt a race, im the same color and nationality as you.
>>
File: 1402963600296.png (972 KB, 1000x741) Image search: [Google]
1402963600296.png
972 KB, 1000x741
>finally get a /his/ board
>first thing I see when I click on it is Sherman's glorious face

FUCK DIXIE

USA USA USA
>>
>>5680
/pol/ pls
>>
>Not having Hammurabi as stick picture
It won't trigger /pol/, and he was one of the most important people to modern government.
>>
>>5670
>leaving the USA
being united makes us fucking strong, you would have to be completely moronic to try and leave this day and age, southerners had every right to leave back then.
>>
>>5670
Clappy FREEDOM is just a stale meme.
>>
>>5682

Lad, the only reason we like Sherman is because he makes dixiefags completely assblasted.

Sherman's a hero, really.
>>
>>5706
JIDF pls
>>
>>4850
Okay, so who is /lit/ here? Please tell me where the majority, and won't be drowned out by autists from /r9k/ and /pol/.
>>
File: mike d'antoni why.jpg (119 KB, 1000x773) Image search: [Google]
mike d'antoni why.jpg
119 KB, 1000x773
First gookmoot creates /aco/ to keep filthy gaijinn off /h/, now this.
>>
>>5686
>generalizing an entire region of your own country and calling them all being persecutory racists

Sounds intolerant, ignorant, and bigoted to me.
>>>/pol/

Fuck off.
>>
>>5780
*where
my own sweet poetic justice
>>
>>5717

This board isn't for /pol/, it's a board for people who know what they're talking about.
>>
Blatantly trolling Southerners is funny but you retards need to chill with the /pol/ shit

Sherman is a controversial figure even among academics
>>
File: ach du.jpg (19 KB, 253x235) Image search: [Google]
ach du.jpg
19 KB, 253x235
>>5706
>the most influential person of the twentieth century
>not more deserving to be a sticky than some irrelevant yank general who fought in some irrelevant yank war.
>>
Mods need to come down hard on these fucking retards like OP who spam their frogs so they quickly fuck off
>>
File: 1394277221964.jpg (89 KB, 589x743) Image search: [Google]
1394277221964.jpg
89 KB, 589x743
WTF HIRO.

You should know better than this.
>>
>>5806
This, too bad /pol/ will never fucking leave
>>
>>
>>4850
No racism huh. I suppose 4-chan isn't free speech anymore. Everyone has to now conform to the culture argument. Even though most people(including black folks) can see it's completely ridiculous. Racism IS NATURAL.
>>
While the Northern leaders weren't all that anti-slavery, and the war really was (from a Northern standpoint) about keeping the country together, not about ending slavery, the claim that the South was all about "states' rights" is laughable.

The South was using the threat of secession to try to force Northern states into enacting a much stronger version of the Fugitive Slave Act following the sinking of Harpers Fairy, something many Northerners were against. This was the primary cause of Southern secession. The Northern states would not succumb to their demands and go out of their way to encourage and reinforce slavery.

So, yes, in a sense, the Civil War was about states' rights. But which states?

Also, the Confederate flag in the OP image was never in wide use during the Civil War and was actually popularized in the 20th century, in large part by the Klan.
>>
OY VEY GO BACK TO /pol/
>>
>>5897
Your mental illness is natural, it doesn't mean we have to promote it
>>
>>5897
Global rule #3 has existed since forever senpai
It's "enforced" on every board but doesn't stop anyone for calling each other niggers and roody poos
>>
File: news_205478_0.jpg (22 KB, 335x289) Image search: [Google]
news_205478_0.jpg
22 KB, 335x289
>>5868
>South
>Enslaving humans is the biggest part of their culture
>>
>>5897
/his/ isn't fucking /pol/, i don't care for niggers but keep it on fucking /pol/
>>
test
>>
>>5897
>Racism IS NATURAL
haha wow
>>
File: happy pepe.png (12 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
happy pepe.png
12 KB, 800x600
>>5853
Deal with it faggot.
>>
>>5982
dumb frogposter
>>>/reddit9k/
>>
>>5945
It's great right?
>>
>>5945
Americans have no culture anyway
>>
>>5794
Whats wrong? Didnt get your goodnight sucking from cousin tammy? You're one butthurt cock wrangler. If you have such strong guidelines about whats bigoted and not then you better be the most upstanding person ever, and never say anything racist which i doubt. You're just mad that i'm making fun of you and not black people or gays.
>>
>>5982
go back to reddit
>>
File: smug pepe ancient greece.png (103 KB, 624x434) Image search: [Google]
smug pepe ancient greece.png
103 KB, 624x434
>>6027
What's wrong anon? Incapable of discourse?
>>
Top fucking kek
You know, I actually sympathized with southern shits until I actually fucking studied the war. I even used to parrot shit like
>the union could have bought the slaves! It would have been cheaper!
>muh... Muh states rights
Yeah if you form a split nation with alliances against your host nation based entirely upon the principal of subjugating blacks there's no defense for it the only genuine criticism could be the northern war strategy of total war. They had the total moral high ground until then and even then it's debatable
>>
>>5685
On second thought, this board might be good for you. You might actually learn something about American history.
>>
>>5982

Go back to your containment website

>>>/reddit/
>>
File: notfrog.png (217 KB, 568x1085) Image search: [Google]
notfrog.png
217 KB, 568x1085
>>5897
It'll smooth out over time. We'll have plenty of historical banter soon enough. Today, let's not launch this board as /pol/ 2.0
>>
>>6036
I kind of want flags just to see who this is coming from.
>>
>>5965
Racism exists for a reason though.
>>
>>6105
Death to america desu
>>
>>6043
Not even that anon, but "redneck" is a classist slur and racism is encouraged by the bourgeoisie to divide the proletariat. We should be fighting alongside our black neighbors in Ferguson, demanding justice for those of other races who are wronged, not out of a distaste for ourselves, who happen to be light-skinned, but out of a combination of sympathy for their suffering and a realization that our own liberation from the bonds of capitalism and the state is tied up in theirs.
>>
>>6094
Go back to your containment website

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>6100
Did you misread my post, mean to quote someone else, or are you just talking shit for the sake of it?
>>
>>5965
>xenophobia isn't natural

jesus, there are people this delusional
>>
Question, is there even a historical figure that no one dislikes?
>>
File: 1446298690291.png (17 KB, 441x381) Image search: [Google]
1446298690291.png
17 KB, 441x381
>>4850
>he lost the civil war
>>
>>6095
they still cling onto the dixie like its a part of their family while claiming they aren't racist lol
>>
File: smug pepe rich.jpg (28 KB, 250x329) Image search: [Google]
smug pepe rich.jpg
28 KB, 250x329
>>6191
What's wrong anon? I'm just trying to have historical discussion while you're shitposting.
>>
>>6230
No
>>
>>6230
That was important enough to note? No.
>>
>>6230
Jesus
>>
>>5965
Not this faggot >>6143 but it's been proven to naturally occur in babies.

Honestly, claiming that racism isn't natural is one of the most hopelessly optimistic things I've ever heard.
>>
>>5322
>bunch a greek faggots
>worthy of stick pic
>>
>>6176
I'd be cool with Southerners who would help Ferguson demonstrators and have seen some white Southerners in the demonstrations. But when I say redneck and hick i mean parasitic confederate flag wavers
>>
File: door.png (304 KB, 1031x579) Image search: [Google]
door.png
304 KB, 1031x579
Damn. He actually fucking did it. I might come to like our new overlord.
>>
>>4850
You lost. Get over it.
>>
File: 1435239928764.gif (17 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1435239928764.gif
17 KB, 645x773
>>4850
>They give this fucker statues in the north
>He literally raped and genocided civilians because they lived in the wrong part of the country

TRIGGERED
>>
>>6230
Not possible, Washington is pretty much unanimously venerated by American historians but I'm sure there's some leftist edgelord who wrote a piece on how he was actually a monster.

Sherman is a directly polarizing figure though, it's like posting Cromwell.
>>
>>6230
Does anyone dislike Jesus? You can not be religious, but I don't know anyone who hates Jesus the man.
>>
>>6230
Bob Ross
>>
as a resident of atlanta, i am extremely triggered right now

down with gook moot
>>
File: Yankee tears.png (53 KB, 346x364) Image search: [Google]
Yankee tears.png
53 KB, 346x364
>>6397
I know how you feel anon

SC here
>>
>>6345
This
People only dislike Christians who are nothing like Jesus
>>
>>6373
Watch a yankee documentary on him if you ever want to break something.

>""""""some people""""" say he was a murderer...
>but OTHERS think that he was a liberator and a savior who dindu nuffin wrong!
>footage of some idiot putting a union cap on a smiling black baby
>>
>>6230
Making people hate you is simply a natural outcome of becoming prominent enough to make it into history books.
>>
>>6390
This.
>>
>>6390
Fuck Bob Ross
>jk desu senpai
>>
>>6345
>>6383
Jesus was a total cunt, I hate him.
Checkmate, lads.
>>
>>6473
You're not a person though

>>6230
>>6345
Buddha as well
>>
>>6469
what the fuck are you doing?

stop posting
>>
How is Hitler, arguably the most important and recognizable man in history not in the sticky?
>>
>>6507
>You're not a person though
Rude tbch
>>
>>6517
Going by that logic Jesus should be in the sticky
>>
>>6517
>arguably the most important and recognizable man in history

Not even arguably.
>>
File: 4938587493.jpg (50 KB, 615x345) Image search: [Google]
4938587493.jpg
50 KB, 615x345
>>6463
It unrionically triggers me when people discuss Sherman as some hero or military genius. Andersonville's staff hanged for mistreatment of northern prisoners of war. Sherman got statues and parades for inciting a campaign of rape, murder, and pillaging upon the civilian population.

It's a fucking disgrace
>>
>ITT: butthurt southerners who think leaving the union is the best idea ever
are you all braindamaged or just really stupid?
>>
File: Fauré-by-Eugéne-Pirou.jpg (112 KB, 317x533) Image search: [Google]
Fauré-by-Eugéne-Pirou.jpg
112 KB, 317x533
>>6230
Probably some classical composer, if anyone at all.
>>
>>6383
>hear jesus has gone missing
>parents are looking for him
>go to temple
>see jesus being an emofag
>tells mary and joseph that they're not his real parents
>>
If racism isnt natural then why do diffrent races exist?Check mate religius tards
>>
File: napoleon.jpg (3 MB, 3079x5135) Image search: [Google]
napoleon.jpg
3 MB, 3079x5135
he should be the new sticky picture
>>
>>5054
>Not Alexander the Great
Who here /HELENIST/?
>>
>>6761
that would just trigger brits or some shit
>>
File: back.jpg (31 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
back.jpg
31 KB, 620x348
>>6230
Easy.
>>
>>6808
Fuck brits desu

Napoleon was based as fuck
>>
>>6808
besides Hitler, who pretty much triggers everyone who isnt edgylol, I'd say he's probably the least controversial person there could be on a sticky pic.
>>
>>6838
I really want to see that movie now after the teaser trailers.
>>
>>6842
well i like sherman because he triggers irrational southerners, still mad about shit that happened 150 years ago
its like blacks bitching about slavery in 2015
>>
>>6361
Who are you and who are you talking to?
>>
File: austerlitz.jpg (96 KB, 315x372) Image search: [Google]
austerlitz.jpg
96 KB, 315x372
>>
>>6104
Why would they hang here anyway? And btw race is fucking key to understanding history, so that it is in the sticky is fucked up.
>>
>>6345
There's a good subset of white nationalists that seem to hate him, saying he was a death cultist.
>>
SHERMAN DID NOTHING WRONG
Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.