[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /his/, this might sound like a pretty hardcore conspiracy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: uraniumglass.jpg (56 KB, 400x258) Image search: [Google]
uraniumglass.jpg
56 KB, 400x258
So /his/, this might sound like a pretty hardcore conspiracy theory, and outright laughable/implausible at first sight, but I want your take.

There is -some- evidence that points to the use of nuclear weapons being used some 3-4,000 years ago during an ancient war in india,

An ancient Indian Epic, the Mahabharata documents apparently some sort of fiery devastation, pillars of smoke, heat and light.
There also exists a rare crater (the only crater scientifically documented in history to be without impact) where an actual physical object didn't strike earth around relevant areas.

My own opinion is that, although nuclear physics might seem complicated, the general mechanism that is a nuclear bomb is awfully simple. If an ancient civilization had a working knowledge of some metallurgic trade (we'd call it alchemy today) and the ability to mine, construction would be very straightforward. The only thing far fetched is how somebody would have went about thinking up the interaction of volatile material. Remember than gun powder was invented a millennium before working knowledge of the atom; the principles of volatility are similar, and so is the mechanism by which they can be catabolized.
>>
Aren't literal fucking gods fighting in the mahabharata? Lol come on
>>
>>484729
>he doesn't believe that everything written down is what literally happened
>>
>There is -some- evidence that points to the use of nuclear weapons being used some 3-4,000 years ago during an ancient war in india,

>There also exists a rare crater (the only crater scientifically documented in history to be without impact) where an actual physical object didn't strike earth around relevant areas.

[Citation needed]
>>
>>484647
Sorry op this sounds like some Scientology tier shit
>>
>>484767
Scientology is the heart of autism, but the doesn't relate at all. Anyway, citation please OP.
>>
>>484647
What crater?

Lonar lake? Maybe you should use google on those crazy Facebook claims, instead of coming here.
>>
>My own opinion is that, although nuclear physics might seem complicated, the general mechanism that is a nuclear bomb is awfully simple. If an ancient civilization had a working knowledge of some metallurgic trade (we'd call it alchemy today) and the ability to mine, construction would be very straightforward.

Getting sufficient quantities of sufficiently pure U-235 or other fissile material would be anything but straightforward.
>>
>>484791
ancient aliens?
>>
>>484797

>My own opinion is that, although nuclear physics might seem complicated, the general mechanism that is a nuclear bomb is awfully simple.

And my own opinion is that you know fuck all about nuclear bombs. I base that on the fact that you indicate that a "nuclear bomb is awfully simple". Nuclear bomb? You are aware that multiple types exist, right? All with different techniques of achieving critical mass?

Even the implosion-type nuclear bombs are sophisticated as shit. Drawings and renderings of their operating principles don't even begin to paint a picture of their complexity.
>>
>>484647
Read Faking History by Jason Colavito for clarification. In short, von Däniken derived much of his information and speculation from Pauwels and Bergier's Morning of the Magicians, who misquote out-of-context passages from Vedic literature to claim that India experienced Atomic Warfare 10,000 years. ago. The section that they cite was translated into English from a 1899 Sanskrit-German translation, with no indication where in the 1.8 million word epic it came from, or in what context the weapon worked.
>>
>>484729
The Mahabharata is considered to have been based on an actual conflict, not just a mythical tale they came up with.
>>
ayy lmao
>>
File: soviet nuclear war poster 2.jpg (109 KB, 722x1024) Image search: [Google]
soviet nuclear war poster 2.jpg
109 KB, 722x1024
>making a nuke is simple
Lol, no. One does not simply find enriched uranium and high explosives lying around on the ground. To build a gun type nuclear bomb (like Little Boy) you need a sizable quantity of relatively pure U-235 and enough high explosives to slam the two pieces together hard enough to cause your nuclear material to go critical.
Simply mining uranium will not provide you with yellow cake U-235.
>>
>>484647
volcano or meteor
>>
Yeah and rocket science seems complicated but the mechanisms that power a rocket are awfully simple.

>comparing metallurgy and "alchemy" with uranium enrichment
>ISHYDDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcgKDSwINOA
>>
Yeah and Agamemnon sent in paratroopers to secure inland objectives before he landed on the beaches of Troy

What? they had birds back then, it's not that far fetched to assume they could have invented heavier then air flight and modern military tactics. Maybe we just lost all evidence of it in a fire
>>
>>484647
>atomic bombs awfully simple
>like serious guise dey really arrrr

explain then why the nazi's (who had some of the best scientists at the time working on them) never got round to making one, not even after 4 years of research?
>>
>>488626
of course they didn't send in para troopers... they used tanks... What? They could build armor and chariots... we just lost all evidence of tank building when the library of alexandria was destroyed...
>>
>>484647
>There is -some- evidence that points to the use of nuclear weapons being used some 3-4,000 years ago during an ancient war in india,

I've heard about this theory, but come on. Isn't the "evidence" based on few areas like dried up lake bottoms that have higher levels of natural radiation than the surrounding areas. These places would be the supposed ground zeros.
>>
That's some hardcore von Däniken shit right here
>>
>>484647
It is literally way more likely that aliens nuked earth then it is for ancient humans to accidentally invent atomic weapons. Not to say that aliens are likely at all though.
>>
we wuz nuclear physicists and shit
>>
>>488639
But what if Sparticus had a Piper Cub? That's for another thread…..
>>
My black history teacher told me the Nubians were conquering the galaxy in 1200 BC, but whitey is just keeping em' down.
The absoloute absence of evidence is irrelevant.
>>
>>484647
I don't care about the crater but that war or events that are described in geeta are real and not mythology bcoz there are many astronomical references And they are all very accurate and give us the date of something around 3067bce. And not only astronomical but it even mentions saraswati river which dried before 2000 bce.
>>
>>484647

And if we assume that events of mahabharata are real and if we assume god really visited earth then....

Whats wrong in believing that there was some nuclear weapon or explosion bcoz DUH its GOD we are talking bout.

And also bdw it was Oppenheimer himself who started these ancient nuclear war in mahabharata thing.
>>
>>484647
>use of nuclear weapons being used some 3-4,000
>vague description of probably a meteor impact

You do sound like you're dropped in the head OP
>>
>>489345
>>489377
Why the fuck do you ancient ayyliens shitters always have terrible spelling and grammar?
Seriously everyone else in this thread can manage to not talk like a moron.
>>
File: 1430011685611.jpg (1 MB, 3744x5616) Image search: [Google]
1430011685611.jpg
1 MB, 3744x5616
>this thread
>>
>>484647
yo, that's a gross looking pizza in your pic, OP
>>
>>484982
what kind of fucking response is that to "ancient aliens?"?
>>
> some sort of fiery devastation, pillars of smoke, heat and light

How does it imply a NUCLEAR bomb though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsQdeAeOEg4
>>
This is bait right?
No one can be this ignorant on nuclear physics right?
>>
>>487725
Every fucking myth was considered to have been based on actuality.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.