[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that time spaniards assassinated the leader of one of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
>that time spaniards assassinated the leader of one of the greatest cities in history, starved its population to death, razed it until nothing but its foundations was left, drained its sacred waters, and then built a crap european style city on top of it
>>
>>484065
Actually Montezuma was killed by his own people
>>
>>484065
They didn't assassinate Montezuma, he technically became their vassal when they entered Tenochtitlan. He was killed by other Aztecs who rebelled against him and the Spaniards
>>
Shouldn't have resisted the conversion to Christianity.
[spoiler]Do spoilers work here?[/spoiler]
>>
>>484078
lol sure thing pal
>>
>>484065
>one of the greatest cities in history

Which got annihilated by a bunch of seasick Spaniards?
>>
>>484065
lmao

>>484089
protip, there will be a spoiler button next to 'post' if the board supports spoilers
>>
File: 1423422504506.jpg (105 KB, 1322x599) Image search: [Google]
1423422504506.jpg
105 KB, 1322x599
>>484065
>mfw I bullied the Aztecs in eu4 to pay back my war denbts and then I annexed them anyway
I can see why it was such tempting bait to the Spaniards now.
>>
>>484092
And an army of angry native
>>
>>484065
Yeah that was fun
>>
>>484095
>protip

Cringed
>>
>>484078
According to the Spanish.

>>484086
Didn't he became a vassal after he was kidnapped in his palace?
>>
No one liked the Aztecs.

That said... it really pisses me off that they burned all their historical records and destroyed countless priceless artifacts.
>>
>>484092

by their germs, a bio-weapon so advanced it's every euthanists wet dream
>>
>>485330
and a lot of luck
>>
>>485318

What do you expect of savage, backwards, stupid, anti-intellectual, jealous, lazy, inept, Native Americans?

Aztecs were correct.
>>
>>484065
That isn't the Mayans.
>>
>>485338

And hundreds of thousands other anti-Aztec Native American criminals.
>>
>>484092
It was larger than London at the time, had one of the steadiest food supplies in the world thanks to chinampas, and was free of most deadly diseases until Europeans came.

I don't know if it was the greatest, but it was top tier.
>>
>>485341
Lol. No.

The Spanish actually captured a lot of their stuff intact, but destroyed it all later because they believed it necessary to mass convert the natives. Fucking Jesuits, man.
>>
Incans >Mayans >>>>> Aztecs
>>
>>485376
How so? Tenochtitlan was a bomb ass city.
>>
>>485411
He's talking about Civilization V.
>>
>>485411
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inca_road_system
>>
File: img_40541.jpg (3 MB, 3648x2432) Image search: [Google]
img_40541.jpg
3 MB, 3648x2432
Post Chinampas
>>
>>484121
I wish we could have threads of Russian/Cossack exploration of Siberia/Asia/America. It is the most overlooked part of the history of exploration.
>>
>>485411
Inca civilization was beyond weird to the point that it shouldn't have even been functional. They were basically proto Communists without a written language. All of their records were kept with... wait for it... knots. Fucking KNOTS. But they were apparently exceptionally accurate.
>>
>>485436
So? They laid rocks and carved other rocks. And what about the Maya? I'm not seeing a definitive reasoning here.

Just curious.
>>
>>485465

because knots are exceptionally accurate bro

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knot_theory
>>
>>485465
I don't know how legit the claims that the quippu were a form of "writing" and not just a counting system for trade.
>>
File: 14955042.jpg (769 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
14955042.jpg
769 KB, 1600x1200
>>485459
>>
>>485470
They laid 20000 miles of straight road with VOLUNTEER labor over some of the most impenetrable territory on earth without beasts of burden or the wheel. That's an engineering miracle.
>>
File: tumblr_nca1mdB68h1txeruoo1_500.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nca1mdB68h1txeruoo1_500.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>485436

>roads but no wheel

how did they even A to B
>>
>>485493
>wheel
>on the mountains
>>
>>485492
>straight
lol, wut? Why would you go out of your way to use an inconsequential detail that isn't even right?

But yeah, seems like a silly thing to use to hold the Incan empire above all others.
>>
>>485507
By "straight," I mean they go where they're intended. Surveying is an under appreciated discipline.
>>
>>485376
Actually it's

Mayas >>>>>>>>>> Aztecs/Incas

written language pal
>>
>>484065
Aztec civilization had no place in the 16th century though, as advanced as it was on some areas it was pretty backwards in some others.

t. Mexican
>>
you got asscucked and thats its.

you also had a chance to sail to cadiz and try to fuck with us
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.