[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why did everything go so wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: rip tsar Nicky.jpg (596 KB, 1266x1920) Image search: [Google]
rip tsar Nicky.jpg
596 KB, 1266x1920
why did everything go so wrong?
>>
Because millions of people were starving to death or living in extreme poverty while a small elite was dining on the finest foods, dressing in furs and doing whatever the fuck they wanted.

There was no possibility of change, so the embittered populace revolted and killed those who had happiness and power.
>>
>>482462
Was the brutal rape and murder of women/children really necessary?

They took that shit WAY too far, like to disgusting levels that in my personal opinion, largely invalidated their claims of just doing it for a better life.

These were bitter and cruel fucking people.
>>
>>482466
Yes they were, but if you were forced to survive for decades with no help, no education, no love, no sex and no reason to continue - you might also feel free to commit such terrible atrocities, simply out of moral numbness.
>>
Because Tsar Nicolas didn't have the leadership to either transition into a totalitarian state or a constitutional monarchy.
>>
>>482462
>populace
Not this again. Minority of communist agitators caused it.
>>
>>482462
So why didn't they overthrow Stalin?
>>
>>483534

>so why didn't they overthrow Stalin?

Because Stalin was dreadfully feared by his adversaries, and justly so.
>>
>>483534
they simply didn't have the means, by the time Stalin was deep in power he began ramping up the police. Government agencies at the time would arrest a man on a tip dropped by a young boy, then hold the accused in captivity for weeks until they signed a confession. Stalin had the population in panic and paranoid of the prospect of speaking out, let alone taking up arms, there was no way for a movement to gain any force.
>>
>>482466
>brutal rape and murder of women/children really necessar

Human nature my friend, in those situations our basic animalistic nature takes over and the weak loose control of their scrouples, it still happens today
>>
>>482436
last time we had a thread about this subject it all revolved in how cute the royal family was and about the crimes of war perpetuated against them... i would like to see it all again for my own amusement.
>>
>>482466
silly billy that's how mankind works...
they depose tyrants how abuse their power and do whatever they want by abusing their power and doing everything they want to put a power-starved person on the king's chair and expect that nothing bad will ever happen again.
>>
File: 1426491428064.jpg (80 KB, 344x580) Image search: [Google]
1426491428064.jpg
80 KB, 344x580
>>482436
Better question: Why were most of the female Russian rulers such blatant whores?

See: Elizaveta and Catherine

Although obviously Catherine is German.

It doesn't strike as me as particular regal or sovereign to open your legs for any dude who smiles at you.

I'd be weird as fuck if Obama was taking it up the ass from 20+ different people throughout his presidency.
>>
File: Grand Duchess Maria.jpg (134 KB, 781x1023) Image search: [Google]
Grand Duchess Maria.jpg
134 KB, 781x1023
>>483745
>this qt princess got executed by commies
bolshevik scum
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.