[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: stalin.png (966 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
stalin.png
966 KB, 768x1024
Was it worth it?
>>
File: 1451256610417.jpg (49 KB, 300x392) Image search: [Google]
1451256610417.jpg
49 KB, 300x392
>>
>>482351
An original print of that work would be worth it.
>>
absolutely. Russia and China rapidly advanced to become superpowers that are major players on the global stage, those two countries practically own the rest of the world, when they move the rest of the world trembles in fear and rushes to kow tow to their wishes. They dictate foreign and financial policy. Sure its a little edgy, but so what a few million peasants died? Thats literally the price of advancement, and we are living in a better Russia for it.
>>
File: MFW 27.jpg (55 KB, 549x604) Image search: [Google]
MFW 27.jpg
55 KB, 549x604
>>482360
>>
>>482360
>spot the butthurt NATOfags
>>
File: Stalin.jpg (106 KB, 667x522) Image search: [Google]
Stalin.jpg
106 KB, 667x522
For him, absolutely. Stalin went from bank robber trying to get supplies for the Bolsheviks to the supreme leader of the Soviet Union. One could argue he had the consolidated power of any man in the world. Was never assassinated and died during his 70s despite poor habits. And this isn't getting to the harem of women and abundance of material goods he received. Stalin had it good, really good.
>>
>>482385
What sort of bad habits did he keep? I was under the impression that he lived a rather ascetic lifestyle despite his power and that he was a "true believer" so to speak. Here is a page showing all of his possessions and what he had to his name. Rather sparse if you ask me. http://englishrussia.com/2013/12/19/personal-belongings-of-joseph-stalin/
>>
>achieve total control of country
>wreck its economy
>be so retarded that you let Hitler move 3 million soldiers to your border and don't suspect a thing
>ensuing invasion kills 20 million of your citizens
>years later, idiots think you were a great leader

Good shit.
>>
>>482391
Ate like shit, drank and smoked. Plus all the stress from being the leader.
>>
>>482423
interesting. What sort of literature is there about his day to day life and habits?
>>
>>482365
What the fuck are you talking about? Russia is treated like a brat brandishing a baseball bat with nails in it in a room full of adults. Stalin only reinforced the tendency to form personality cults around russia's leaders.

Russia is currently getting crushed by sanctions, oil price and corruption so huge that common folks now see it as a trait of our nation. While the rest of the developing world that doesn't even possess a fraction of RU's natural resources is managing to stay afloat. Russia's fucking GDP is less than Texas' and California's combined. I'm russian and i'm fucking ashamed of what my country has become - a fucking joke and embarrassment of collective human effort.
There's literally nothing great about our country right now, nothing and no thing
>>
>>482450
Do you, as a non-shill russian on 4chan, see any possible way for your nation to climb out of its shittyness?
>>
>>482427
Start with Ðilas' conversations with Stalin.
>>
>>482458
I'd love to believe that a revolution/complete revision of the current government would work, but unfortunately almost 90% of people support the current rule.
Not until we hit absolute rock bottom (which is where we're headed at full speed), so everyone can finally wake up from the mystical soviet mindset that has been surgically imprinted into the gene pool with centuries of repression and corruption.

sigh, 2016 is gonna be GREAT
>>
>>482473
>Not until we hit absolute rock bottom

What is "things that never seem to happen for Russians," Alex.
>>
>>482473
how the hell s it that mob mentality for supporting dumb shit is a constant trend in russia? Also, you guys having another civil conflict would be one of the biggest shit shows to ever watch unfold. I imagine it would almost be as bad as if the US had another major rebellion or uprising, except you'd have far more foreign involvement.

What's the thing tanking the absolute most right now, by the way? How long do you give before it hits 'wake the fuck up' levels?
>>
>>482480
we're almost there. more than 20 million people are below poverty line, the government is imposing insane cleptocratic laws every month (see new tax law for truck drivers, revised regulations for currency exchange and a law that prohibits deeming any religious text from a selection of 4 main religions to be extremist, essentially breaking the constitution),Putin playing voinushki everywhere he can etc etc etc
>>
>>482494
I personally think it's from shit education, lack of financial support of academics, a rich history of propaganda and the ever-present "i can't be wrong" mentality. It has come so far that right now, on VK (our facebook essentially), the majority of folk consider most people who post about internal problems to be foreign provocateurs funded directly by the US to destabilise the country. Putin recently said on national TV that "one of the things he learned in Petersburg slums is that, if a fight is inevitable, you have to punch first". Naturally 90% of the population went "FUCK YEAH OUR BADASS VOVA AINT SCARED OF NO EUROFAGS WITH THEIR PAEDOPHILIA AND NATO" while taking out another micro-credit loan to pay for this weeks food
>>
>>482494
Their last leader was a drunken wreck who put forth arguably disasterous policies. Seems to me a lot of Russians are just happy to have a semi-functional gov't.

From an American view, it looks as though Putin is taking Russia along for a risky gambit. If all goes well for him there could be big payoffs, but it's an equally big if.
>>
>>482494
>>482523
as for how long, can't really tell until we see what happens with the ruble next year.
>>
>>482533
I've used to have the exact same opinion, but then I could no longer justify the insane amount of corruption directly condoned by the current government, the blatant robbing of ordinary people who can barely make ends meet. Supposedly we have more oil than the saudis, yet in the last 40 years they've managed to make oil to be only 30% of their income
>>
>>482473
>claims to be from country x
>advocates for revolution in x, with apparent earnesty
confirmed for not russian, or insane
>>
>>482523
Academics shouldn't be well paid.

t. academic
>>
>this amerilard pretending to be Russian
>spewing obvious American propaganda and stereotypes against Russia

no ones falling for it except for the other butthurt NATOcucks
>>
>>482556
lel i was born to a russian family in Lithuania right after the USSR fell apart in a small russian enclave-town, moved to moscow shortly after. Pls tell me more about me
>>
File: Russian_Empire.png (329 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Russian_Empire.png
329 KB, 1024x1024
>parts of the former Russian Empire that were ruled by Stalin

All shitholes

>parts of the former Russian Empire that were never ruled by Stalin

Finland, and it's the best country in the world

I rest my case.
>>
>>482554
perhaps, but they shouldn't be shit paid either
>>
>>482523
dear god everyone claiming everyone else is a shill like it's /pol/ on 9/11. If we end up getting Trump, i wonder how he and Putin would square of: insufferable fuckwads, or best buds?.
>>
>>482385
>Was never assassinated
That's a BIG GREY AREA there bro...
>>
>>482365
Would have happened anyway with or without communism. If anything it would have happened faster and with less bloodshed with Nicolas II and Chiang in charge, they were open to the rest of the world and making the transition to democracy.
>>
>>482351
no
>>
>>482626
None of this is true. The whole reason Communists took power is because both were ineffective heads of state representing old and busted kinds of authority that no one wanted (hence they were overthrown by the people).
>>
>>482789
And it's not the USSR or the PRC that weren't open to the world stage, it was the old Empires and America that weren't open to them. They in fact did everything they could to stop these countries from happening.
>>
>>482789
Eh, Soviet Union light industry products reached 1913 levels in the late 1950s. Heavy industry in the early 1930s.
>>
>>482813
>country is shattered by a a revolution, two world wars, a civil war, and several low intensity domestic insurgencies
>it's surprising they had some difficulties in economy
>despite this they're a superpower by 1945 and putting the first man in space by 1957

Kruschev truly a shit
>>
>>482567
Your case is pretty shitty considering Stalin USSR had a much greater economic growth than Finland.

Khrushchev and Brezhnev ran the USSR into the ground with turbocorruption.

Not a Stalin lover, he's still a tyrant, just saying.
>>
>>482567
>Finland
Literally who?
>>
>>482824
Yeah, he was. He disputed Zhukov and Mikoyan over 56 and backed the anti-party bloc against the proletariat.
>>
>>482824
>>482995
>>483009
Gentlemen- how do we go back in time and kill Khrushchev?
>>
>>483015
Neh, killing the anti-party bloc first is more opportune for the great central european revolution of the 1950s.
>>
>>483005
Literally a developed nation, which is more than can be said for Russia :^)
>>
>>483015
You mean Stalin I guess.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.