[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is kind of a pleb reddit question, but do we know how he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: gp.png (45 KB, 161x257) Image search: [Google]
gp.png
45 KB, 161x257
This is kind of a pleb reddit question, but do we know how he felt about what he started?
>>
File: Gavrilo Princip.jpg (158 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Gavrilo Princip.jpg
158 KB, 640x640
>>481669
yes

>“There is no need to carry me to another prison. My life is already ebbing away. I suggest that you nail me to a cross and burn me alive. My flaming body will be a torch to light my people on their path to freedom.”
- Princip 1914

>“I am the son of peasants and I know what is happening in the villages. That is why I wanted to take revenge, and I regret nothing.”
- Princip 1914
>>
>>481701
Considering the shit Austro-Hungary was doing to the Serbs in that time.
>>
>>481701
Bit easy to say in 1914

>>481711
fug
>>
>>481711
Oi vey it's like anotha Shoah
>>
>>481787
XD upvotes for you!
>>
>>481701

What exactly did the Austrians do to Serbians before the first world war? I know that shit like: >>481711
only happened like 3 years into the war.
>>
>>481887
Eat Bosnia, which was perceived as Serb clay.
>>
File: austria-really.jpg (19 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
austria-really.jpg
19 KB, 306x306
>>481887
Serbs were just liberating themselves from the Ottomans, and managed to free themselves to a great extent. Then Austrians came and occupied them. Shit like that pisses on off.
>>
>>481669
Probably bad, because Franz Ferdinand was quite adamant on preventing a war with Russia, and was open to the idea of a Slav union state. Not to mention that 1/5 of Serbia population perished in his war
>>
Being in jail must of sucked balls for Princip. Get sick, lose weight and your arm amputated. Had he not died of illness do you think they would have released him after his sentence?
>>
>>482310
Not only that but knowing you played a part in starting the greatest war in history (at the time) must be hell on your mind, despite thinking your kills were justified.
>>
File: but turkey will rise again.png (159 KB, 1403x320) Image search: [Google]
but turkey will rise again.png
159 KB, 1403x320
>>481669
>>
>>481711
>Serbs incite violence and agitate problems
>crack down
>they were innocent wtf
>>
>>481669
What? The beginning of the end of western civilisation?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.